Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:57:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Santa Cruz carbon fiber ...  (Read 3756 times)

yakyakyak

• Sea Lion
  • Huh? What?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016

Baitman, did you get to keep the carbon fiber yak?  What's the words on SCK?  Anything new from the new?

2019 Hobie Outback
2017 Hobie Adventure Island
2016 Santa Cruz Raptor G2 - Surf/stability champ!
2015 Hobie Revolution 16 - Speedster
2016 NuCanoe Frontier 12 - Extra stable with crazy load capability

-----------------
FOR SALE
-----------------

Rods and Reels: http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=88549.0 (Shimanos, Casting/Spinning Rods + Reels

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
    Well...   how's this for a delay'ed reply.    :smt006

My apologies,,, only logged in a few times over the past 6 months.   Mostly to see all the good times I've been missing.       Finally completed the work on my new house.   Was hoping to be at Albion,, but threw out my back,,, been recuperating.    Excercising etc,, much better now and ready to hit the salt. 

It's been killing me seeing all  the Halibut coming in and not being able to fish....  :smt010

Just so happens I pulled it  out of mothballs a few weeks ago.     Started rigging the torqeedo w/ foot control steering.  Misc details,,, plus putting in a Raymarine FF / GPS next.    Hope to have it back on the water very soon. 
Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

yatzmail@yahoo.com

Nice yak! Do you have to register yours using the toqeedo?
How many batteries do you use for a full day?

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Looks like a butt killing machine...
Born in Arizona
Moved to Babylonia
Got a condo made of stone-a

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
   Supposed to register...  I've never been challenged by any enforcement.    In the water it looks almost like a rudder.    Maybe I'm just lucky,, Personally I think it's a damm lame rule.  Should be similiar to an electric bicycle,, which doesn't require registration.     For the most part,   I always paddle along,, ( motor assisted ) 1)  for the exercise, 2)  to at least not make it look like a motorized vessel,  plus it extends the battery range considerably.     I only have needed one battery.  Usually by time I make it back there's still 40 percent capacity.   "Moto Paddling" like that you can get a 30 mile range.   Had this since 09   it's the 401 model.  Still working great.
Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

yatzmail@yahoo.com

Supposed to register...  I've never been challenged by any enforcement.    In the water it looks almost like a rudder.    Maybe I'm just lucky,, Personally I think it's a damm lame rule.  Should be similiar to an electric bicycle,, which doesn't require registration.     For the most part,   I always paddle along,, ( motor assisted ) 1)  for the exercise, 2)  to at least not make it look like a motorized vessel,  plus it extends the battery range considerably.     I only have needed one battery.  Usually by time I make it back there's still 40 percent capacity.   "Moto Paddling" like that you can get a 30 mile range.   Had this since 09   it's the 401 model.  Still working great.
Thanks Jim. I was thinking the same thing about the rule and I agree also the rule is silly. I was planning to use mine in self rescue situation for the time being. I guess we’ll see down the line how they are enforced. Just like do you have to register if you use any types of sails.