Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2018, 04:53:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:20:36 AM]

[January 19, 2018, 11:42:22 PM]

by bmb
[January 19, 2018, 10:13:36 PM]

[January 19, 2018, 09:23:05 PM]

by moon
[January 19, 2018, 09:22:55 PM]

by DG
[January 19, 2018, 07:01:05 PM]

by 4est
[January 19, 2018, 06:27:00 PM]

[January 19, 2018, 06:12:09 PM]

[January 19, 2018, 06:08:32 PM]

by 4est
[January 19, 2018, 06:05:46 PM]

[January 19, 2018, 05:55:56 PM]

by Tote
[January 19, 2018, 05:52:14 PM]

by Tote
[January 19, 2018, 05:44:59 PM]

[January 19, 2018, 04:46:45 PM]

[January 19, 2018, 03:55:52 PM]

[January 19, 2018, 03:44:37 PM]

[January 19, 2018, 03:07:23 PM]

[January 19, 2018, 02:04:47 PM]

[January 19, 2018, 01:04:12 PM]

[January 19, 2018, 01:02:46 PM]

[January 19, 2018, 12:58:03 PM]

[January 19, 2018, 12:44:58 PM]

[January 19, 2018, 11:26:44 AM]

[January 19, 2018, 11:21:10 AM]

[January 19, 2018, 11:19:25 AM]

[January 19, 2018, 11:15:18 AM]

[January 19, 2018, 11:11:34 AM]

[January 19, 2018, 11:10:32 AM]

[January 19, 2018, 11:08:47 AM]

[January 19, 2018, 11:02:00 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

2018 AOTY/DOTY Entry

Topic: To buy or not to buy?  (Read 690 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Cabeza de Martillo
  • View Profile
  • Location: San Jose
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
  • Posts: 6121
OK Trident 15 is an awesome yak to dive/fish off of in the ocean.

Lots of storage space for everything you need and more.

Trust me on this one cause I always over pack  :smt003

I use mine for spearfishing, scuba diving, fishing, crabbing, clamming ....etc.

You should be able to pick up a new blemished one under 1K or used one for approx 700.

They are very popular ocean paddle yaks....stable and fast.

If you get one make sure it has the center mod pod for additional access to your hull.

The older prowler 15 models don't have this access but are still great yaks.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:17:06 PM by Cabeza de Martillo »
Pronounced in Spanish  ka·be·za de mar·t·yo
Translates to Hammerhead in English for my Gringo amigos.
....and yes that's me with a 6ft. green moray in the avatar.


Jeremy

  • Salmon
  • ***
  • View Profile
  • Location: Redwood City, CA
  • Date Registered: Nov 2013
  • Posts: 517
OK Trident 15 is an awesome yak to dive/fish off of in the ocean.

Lots of storage space for everything you need and more.

Trust me on this one cause I always over pack  :smt003

I use mine for spearfishing, scuba diving, fishing, crabbing, clamming ....etc.

You should be able to pick up a new blemished one under 1K or used one for approx 700.

They are very popular ocean paddle yaks....stable and fast.

If you get one make sure it has the center mod pod for additional access to your hull.

The older prowler 15 models don't have this access but are still great yaks.


+100

I'm not an angler, but I've owned many of the most popular fishing kayaks at one point or another.  "Only" have a T15 and Scupper Pro now.  T15 will do everything that 90% of us want or need.  The other 10% know who they are.


 

anything