Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:28:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:11:09 PM]

[Today at 06:20:40 PM]

[Today at 06:06:38 PM]

[Today at 04:50:16 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Linked Events

• The Simply Fishing Tournament: September 23, 2017

Topic: Simply Fishing Heads up!  (Read 15276 times)

ScottV

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Ok, I am registered for the fly division.

Someone please save room for my Jeep and my tent for Friday and Saturday night.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:23:55 AM by ScottV »
So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

---------------------------------------
Dark green OK Trident 13

2014 FreshKATS Clear Lake 6th place on the fly
2014 King of the Port 2nd place on the fly
2014 FAOTY Fly Angler of the Year
2015 FreshKATS Rollins Lake Round-Up 1st place on the fly!
2015 FreshKATS Tournament of Champions 2nd place of the fly

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Is this a challenging area to launch and/or fish? I'm thinking about joining, if nothing else to meet some folks and enjoy camaraderie, but I'm a noobie so my water skills aren't fully developed...sounds like a blast though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Come up and check it out. If the launch or ocean looks to difficult you can volunteer some how. Helping to check kayaks at the launch or something. Bring a dish for the potluck and join the party. If you feel comfortable with the conditions on the water you can go fishing. Either way you can enjoy the day.
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=42846.msg470404#msg470404

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Even if it says campground full, there is still plenty of room. This campground does not have numbered or designated spots. Its wide open and there will be room. If someone is actually manning the kiosk, tell them that you are joining people who are already there. Otherwise, just drive in, find a spot and go back to the store to pay for your camping and get a tag for your windshield. I am gonna set up the tacoshack on Saturday and do fish and chips for the masses. Please bring me any fillets you can spare.
Do you just set up camp along side the road or share someone's site? I agree there is empty space between sites, I just didn't know they will let you set up and camp there. I just figured that the campground full sign means they aren't letting any more people in. I know some campgrounds use a camp anywhere policy during the tournaments. I hadn't heard that ocean cove was one of them.

OC has a camp anywhere policy every weekend.
That's good to know. I was thinking about camping this weekend.

According to Ocean Cove, once the full sign is up no more people are allowed to purchase a site. If you are going in to join someone in a site, you can pay and get in.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

fishkraft

• Come to the "light".
  • Sea Lion
  • Stealth, Ducati and Lotus, light makes right.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Even if it says campground full, there is still plenty of room. This campground does not have numbered or designated spots. Its wide open and there will be room. If someone is actually manning the kiosk, tell them that you are joining people who are already there. Otherwise, just drive in, find a spot and go back to the store to pay for your camping and get a tag for your windshield. I am gonna set up the tacoshack on Saturday and do fish and chips for the masses. Please bring me any fillets you can spare.
Do you just set up camp along side the road or share someone's site? I agree there is empty space between sites, I just didn't know they will let you set up and camp there. I just figured that the campground full sign means they aren't letting any more people in. I know some campgrounds use a camp anywhere policy during the tournaments. I hadn't heard that ocean cove was one of them.

According to Ocean Cove, once the full sign is up no more people are allowed to purchase a site. If you are going in to join someone in a site, you can pay and get in.

Just come! Don't worry be happy  :smt003 WE WILL FIT YOU IN!
Stealth Kayaks Pro Staff

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Just come! Don't worry be happy  :smt003 WE WILL FIT YOU IN!

When NCKA is in the house, there's always someone to share with.  :smt006

DrHabanero

• Sea Lion
  • BigLipRipper
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006

Just take the Sergeant Schultz form Hogan's Heroes words ( for those under 45 will probably have no clue who he is!  :smt005 )

I see nothing!!
I'll rest when I'm dead!
2016 Ocean Kayak Predator
2014 Malibu X-Factor ,2014 Malibu Mini-X
2010 Malibu X-Factor ,2006  Ocean Kayak Drifter 
2011 Yakhopper Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7   Winner!
GS4 - 4th place

CptSloppywood

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
Is this a challenging area to launch and/or fish? I'm thinking about joining, if nothing else to meet some folks and enjoy camaraderie, but I'm a noobie so my water skills aren't fully developed...sounds like a blast though!!

WARNING ****   I Just registered   

you don`t have to fish  , come up and chill ,check out kayaks , meet and eat ...just remember NO FIREWORKS and FACE PLANTS   :smt002 :smt003 :smt005 :smt044

besides didn`t you just pull off a surf launch at Muir  ,if you can do that you can do this just my .02
Vic, if you want to borrow a paddle yak you can use the Viking. I will be fishing out of my Eddyline for my stay at OC.
Let me know.

CptSloppywood

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

you don`t have to fish  , come up and chill ,check out kayaks , meet and eat ...just remember NO FIREWORKS and FACE PLANTS   :smt002 :smt003 :smt005 :smt044

besides didn`t you just pull off a surf launch at Muir  ,if you can do that you can do this just my .02
Vic, if you want to borrow a paddle yak you can use the Viking. I will be fishing out of my Eddyline for my stay at OC.
Let me know.

Deal and Thanks ........ I`ll bring you a case of whatever your drinking these days    :smt003
Whatever your drinking will be fine.
Just remind me when we get close. I am in the group site and plan on staying fri-Sunday and may stay a few extra days of the weather is nice.

TW

• Sea Lion
  • daleshark
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011

You gotta start somewhere someday. What better place and people to go fish with. Tourney or not.
Hope to see you there and on the water.
NorCal HOW Volunteer

Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
Ocean Kayak T13

2015 Forbay  Fish N Chill Storm Trooper .
2017 Berry Slam Fish N Chill Storm Trooper.

CptSloppywood

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Let me know.

Deal and Thanks ........ I`ll bring you a case of whatever your drinking these days    :smt003
Whatever your drinking will be fine.
Just remind me when we get close. I am in the group site and plan on staying fri-Sunday and may stay a few extra days of the weather is nice.
will do....  was going to stay in the group area but that did not happen ,due to a trip to mainland China , but that ain`t happening
Just ride up with me on Friday.  Bring a tent and don't sleep on your back, or with your mouth open.

Dannarchy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016

Registration for the event is inexpensive and you get some good loot out of it. I recommend you come just to meet people, regardless if you fish in the tournament or not. There will be lots of people, I'm sure someone will help you launch, and you can tag along with someone I'm sure. Hell you can fish with me if you want. There will be lots of people, so you will basically be fishing in a group anyways. Safety in numbers. Hope to see you there.

What He said ^^^

fishkraft

• Come to the "light".
  • Sea Lion
  • Stealth, Ducati and Lotus, light makes right.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Today is the last day to get your free t-shirt with entry. Last day for clothing orders too.

No free t-shirt or clothing orders after 9/1
Stealth Kayaks Pro Staff

Sakana Seeker

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
All right I'm encouraged, I'm in!

IG: @sakana_seeker

Herb Superb

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
Ruben, Ive been trying to register but I kept getting error message that it cant process it. Anyone else having this issue?

Sakana Seeker

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
I did it on the PC, no issues. You have to say "none" if you're not ordering a hoodie etc.

IG: @sakana_seeker