Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:48:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:44:18 PM]

[Today at 09:41:47 PM]

[Today at 09:12:36 PM]

[Today at 09:05:54 PM]

[Today at 07:11:09 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Fly fishing for lingcod  (Read 10082 times)

Tinker

Hope that all makes sense!
Bill

It does, Bill.  Thanks!
- Kevin

FISHADOW

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • Pusher of the Prowler. Watcher of the Wise.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Pretty cool stuff. Good luck to all the guys goin after it.
I like to have fun.......

LIVE LIFE!!!

Pushjerk

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2020
May I kindly revive this thread?!

New kayak fisherman here, but an avid fly fisherman.

In a recent Central Coast Fly Fishing (Carmel) monthly email newsletter, there was a short article about fishing for Lings on the fly from the rocks at low tide. I was kinda taken aback, didn’t even know that was a thing!

So since recently getting my 2015 Outback, and looking ahead toward rockfish season 2021, much brainstorming has been done! 

I’ve found some great videos on YT by Jay Nicholas out of OR. Some other good stuff around the web. And there are some Great tips so far on this thread.

And I think it was a sign, in today’s daily Trident Fly Fishing fly tying email, a gorgeous squid pattern was featured.

Anyway, can’t wait to give this a go come spring in the Monterey area. In the meantime I’ll be at the vise!

Herefishy

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2020
I have caught several ling cod on fly rods 7-10wt at the farralons and in Kodiak. Pretty exciting. Sinking line with streamers.

FLYAKER65

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2020
May I kindly revive this thread?!

New kayak fisherman here, but an avid fly fisherman.

In a recent Central Coast Fly Fishing (Carmel) monthly email newsletter, there was a short article about fishing for Lings on the fly from the rocks at low tide. I was kinda taken aback, didn’t even know that was a thing!

So since recently getting my 2015 Outback, and looking ahead toward rockfish season 2021, much brainstorming has been done! 

I’ve found some great videos on YT by Jay Nicholas out of OR. Some other good stuff around the web. And there are some Great tips so far on this thread.

And I think it was a sign, in today’s daily Trident Fly Fishing fly tying email, a gorgeous squid pattern was featured.

Anyway, can’t wait to give this a go come spring in the Monterey area. In the meantime I’ll be at the vise!

Funny I’m more new to fly fishing but kayak fishing circa 2000...good luck this season and with kayak adventures ahead targeting lings.
I live no where close to the amazing fishery you guys enjoy but have fished on occasion around Big Sur. Anyway, I just wanted to second Pushjerk’s appreciation of this thread. I love to target rock fish and ling as well as Stripers. My distance makes me feel like a lurker amongst you locals but believe me that I really appreciate learning what I can keep up with. Sincere thanks for sharing your
experience and tips for targeting fish with a deep water fly. Sincere thanks and good bit of envy ;)
Great season to all.

IMHO-Fly fishing in general is complete blast and off a kayak it’s easier than I imagined but torturous to command. With all the new gear and skill to develop Im psyched to be hooked. I hope I can contribute in the future.
Cheers