Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:31:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:11:37 PM]

[Today at 12:26:39 PM]

[Today at 12:23:11 PM]

[Today at 12:09:28 PM]

[Today at 10:38:26 AM]

[Today at 08:08:50 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:26:01 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:53:15 PM]

by jp52
[April 18, 2024, 02:25:47 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 02:15:59 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 01:10:11 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 11:10:06 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:46:32 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:43:09 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:32:03 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Let's Squash It  (Read 2070 times)

The Pond King

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011
Okay. If you go back to the striper thread (http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=44498.0)... you will clearly see that the members of NCKA disrespected me first. Therefore, I became defensive, admittedly in a harsh manner; for that, I am sorry.

In real life, I'm a reserved kind of guy that keeps to myself and don't have no beef with anybody. I was appalled that posting a well intended and informative fishing report got me very negative and unfriendly responses. Apparently, general area, bait, and technique wasn't enough. So like I said, I'm a reserved kind of guy, but when you guys disrepsect me for no legitimate reason, don't expect me to just sit there and take it.

Well my first impression of the NCKA was not a good one. I'm sure others who are not members yet who view those threads will see that not all of you are a friendly bunch. Way to represent.

Not saying all of you are jerks, and I certainly won't let a few bozos deter me off.

I have received the following PMs from from members here below (removed the screen names so they remain anonymous, but they know who they are):

Guy#1:
"Not sure what set people off but the hassels you got in some of your posts, especially the striper one is kinda out of character for NCKA.  PB and shore fishing reports have always been a part of NCKA reports and anyone who stresses the point that this is a yak community and makes it sound like your reports aren't welcome needs to chill out.  If you're having success off shore, people are just gonna try the area in a yak so all reports are good reports.

You did the right thing by not giving up the exact spot.  You even apologized for keeping the spot tight, so not sure what's up with the complaining, this kind of shit usually only happens in winter too when peeps aren't getting out as much as they'd like.

In the past there have been a few people that have posted up some nice catches and been in your face about not revealing their spots, like just bragging and intentionally taunting others which really sets off the group. I didn't get that vibe from your post at all.

I guess what I'm saying is don't let a few cranky guys keep you away, and on the other hand if you turn down your harsh defensiveness a little you'll find this is a pretty cool group.

Post up enough (10 posts) to get into the members only report section and maybe add just a little more info to your spots like which slough or body of water you were at.  If you read closely almost no one gives exact spots in their reports, just general areas. Allot of more detailed info is shared in PMs, only once have I ever been denied exact detailed info when I asked in a PM, and that came with a sincere apology for not giving it ou and the reason for not giving it out.

Stick around. Keep posting, and just ignore the negatives."

Guy#2:

"... my post in your striper report was poking fun at everyone getting their panties riled up for whatever reason.  The amount of overlooked useful info in there was ridiculous. "

Well... you guys can keep provoking me all you want from now on. I'm just not going to respond to negative posts that incite fighting.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:11:49 PM by The Pond King »

Codzilla

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Pond King, one more post ad you are there, LOL just trying to lighten it up. I think everyone was poked fun of some way or another, mine was for not adding Pics, I didn't have a good camera Da n it!!!!! Like I said before everyone I have meet, and talked to via post have been rock solid.
Jeff  :smt001
3rd place Trinidad Rockfish Wars lll
6th place GS11

Camo Hobie Outback
 Old Town Predator 13

Codzilla

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
By the way, I live way up north but do get down there for work every now and then, And thanks to your post, I want to try some pier fishing at night, or maybe right before dark. I have always thought to bring a crab pot or two for after work, but never thought to try fishing, so THANKS,
Jeff
3rd place Trinidad Rockfish Wars lll
6th place GS11

Camo Hobie Outback
 Old Town Predator 13

AbMan

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Move out of Fishing Reports to General Talk.

Happiness comes from within!

baitNbeer

• Sea Lion
  • "kick his ass sea-bass!"
  • View Profile delta rats & salty bay dogs
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
LOL to be honest with you i was siding with you the whole time and felt your pain , i remember i went through similar shit when i was new here. after kickin it with the guys and showing up at some functions i ended up making new freinds some of which i consider my best friends. belonged to a grip of fishing forums and this one tops them all , i forgive the few who gave me shit in the beginning ! :smt044 :smt008

with that said , ive come to the conclusion that your a drama queen , using works like "disrespect" and "fighting" and "come see me" are childish in this case, you seem like a very wellspoken cat so instead of getting all defensive at everyone you could of easily just put the facts out there for everyone who doubted you , facts always win..its a fact! then you write up this little " lets squash the beef " post like it was even that serious.

www.mossdalemilitia.com
 once you go yak , you dont go back
"But really though, I dont know how my wifes cucumber melon bodywash got in my dive bag"

Roughster

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2010
Hey Pond:

I am one of the NCKA members who read your report and didn't respond, though was direly tempted.  When / if you become a member, check my post history in the members forum and you'll see why.

NCKA has always prided itself for being a community of sharing, whether that be handing over your last beer to a stranger, sharing your campfire, bringing a dish at a potluck, and almost always sharing up front info designed to help everyone reading be a better fisherman.

Your post was the EXACT antithesis of that ideology.  I am actually surprised you didn't get a lot more strongly negatively feedback because posts like your original are exactly what I hope most of us DO NOT want to see NCKA become.  Fishsniffer already has that niche covered.

I completely agree with the posts that said, if you don't want to share, just don't post about that trip at all.  However, being an info leech, enjoying others info but not sharing your own, is pretty frickin lame if you ask me.

Sent from my UTAB71 using Tapatalk 2

MANBEARPIG

• Half Man, Half Bear, Half Pig: Im super cereal!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Disrespected? Chill out dude...like Tote said, "loosen your drag" :smt005
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas Edison

9erfan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
If you get this butt hurt over some constructive criticism, you don't belong here. The members here are nothing but helpful and some of the best people I have ever met.

Anthony
1st place 2011 Red Barn Classic
2019 Hobie Outback

rockfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
so, I read your posts..

seems like you need to:
a) chill out
b) not put more than 10 fish on a stinger (cause, really is an extra piece of rope that hard to do to avoid a ticket and or bad publicity to the general public that fishermen are flaunting the law)
c) chill out

if you are not comfortable with being called out on possible legal violations...this is not the place for you.  it's happened to MANY OF US, and we learn not to post stuff that looks in any way like a violation of the law, explicit or implicit...  No one has ever seen the pic of my 2 FAT silvers from the American  ;)  and I cant even say if that's true or not, but the location was....

if you have the skin for it, this is a great place to meet great people and make a real family....  if you have paper thin skin, you wont like it much.

Jim
Less Mental than before, Still savage AF tho <3

IG: she_savagly_gardens

Archie Marx

• AOTY Committee
  • Hobie Revo 13 & 16
  • View Profile kayakcity.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
All the guys and girls I know on this board are A-OK.  Some will give you shit for being the new guy (especially if you are catching lots of fish), but don't let it bother you.

I think protecting the spot you were shown (instead of discovering yourself) when posting on a public forum shouldn't be an issue of contention.

As for the stringer... better safe than sorry.

oh and.... If you break Cal F&G code, then Don Cheadle will turn you into a f&^Ing tree.

Don Cheadle is Captain Planet
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:25:02 PM by ATD »
1st - 2013 Angler of the Year- All time high score
1st - 2016 Angler of the Year
1st - 2016 CCKF AOTY - All time high score

Kmilz

• Salmon
  • Miles- WS Tarpon 140
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
we should all just get along and have fun  :smt003

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
Being as I was one of the first to call you out on the no details, I figure I owe you a response. My statement was simply a question, why make your first post a report with no details and blacked out scienery? Remember, no one here knows you or your personality, and it is up to you to build a rep here. If this is how you want to start, thats on you, but many here dont go for glory hogs.
Do yourself a favor, start off humble and gain respect before you get all butthurt.
Hobie Outback (dune)

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
I'm locking down this one too.  Give it a rest guys, really.  I have a lot more to say, but have to go take care of some business today.  But short synopsis, Pond King, IMO, you are somewhat justified in being defensive, but are over the line in your response(s).  You others piling on top of him, you're a bit out of line too.  The NCKA I know is not about name calling and mud slinging.

I'll leave this with a few words of wisdom for newbies.  Thanks Eric.

Do yourself a favor, start off humble and gain respect before you get all butthurt.

-Allen