Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:57:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:53:15 PM]

[Today at 06:54:40 PM]

by jp52
[Today at 02:25:47 PM]

[Today at 02:15:59 PM]

[Today at 01:10:11 PM]

[Today at 11:10:06 AM]

[Today at 09:46:32 AM]

[Today at 09:43:09 AM]

[Today at 09:32:03 AM]

[Today at 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:47:56 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:07:55 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: 2/16/2013: Rockfishing At Fort Baker Jetty With Lures  (Read 4575 times)

The Pond King

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011
Me, my sister, and my friends went fishing today at Fort Baker Jetty. We got there around 7:30PM and fished until almost midnight. 2nd cast in the water and I hook up in less than a minute. It was a fiesty black rock cod. Unfortunately, my sister was having a lot of problems because she's a rookie and my other friend AJ fished once in his life as a kid and had never caught a fish before; tonight was his second time fishing ever. So I had my hands full helping the noobies out, so I didn't get to fish much myself. My friend Kevin on the other hand, was able to fish a lot more, so he caught the most fish tonight, which was probably something around 20 or more. AJ caught his first fish tonight and caught 2 more for a total of 3. It was nice to put a beginner on some fish. My sister unfortunately was unable to catch anything. I only caught three because I didn't get to fish much. It was great night and I hope got those newcomers addicted to fishing. Everyone had a blast. It was great trip with my friends and family. We kept the bigger ones that were 12 inches and up to be fried up. We used various types of soft plastic lures. The one that produced the most was the 4 inch mister twister curly tail grub on a 1/4oz jighead. I caught mines on a 4 inch zoom swimming flukes texas rigged on a 3/16oz bullet weight. Slowly retrieving the lure was critical.

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Nicely done.
FYI, don't let DFG (yea, I typed DFG) catch you with all those fish on the same stringer.
That's a citation ready to be written for sure.
<=>

The Pond King

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Nicely done.
FYI, don't let DFG (yea, I typed DFG) catch you with all those fish on the same stringer.

Did you even read the report??? It was between four people. It's a 10 fish limit per person.

Archie Marx

• AOTY Committee
  • Hobie Revo 13 & 16
  • View Profile kayakcity.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
Way to put newcomers on the fish!  Rockfish on bass gear........ :smt001
1st - 2013 Angler of the Year- All time high score
1st - 2016 Angler of the Year
1st - 2016 CCKF AOTY - All time high score

Rider

• Sea Lion
  • It's all about the experience
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
Nicely done.

Did you even read the report??? It was between four people. It's a 10 fish limit per person.

I believe what Tote was trying to tell you was that even though there were 4 people you can only have 1 limit per stringer. DFG could ticket you for this.

Nice job getting your friends on the fish.
#fuckyourfeelings #dontbeadick #whatadick

dilbeck

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Nicely done.

Tote is correct, more than a limit on one stringer and somebody gets a ticket.  Doesn't matter how many people there are.

PS - you might want to check yourself!

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
Nicely done.

Tote is correct, more than a limit on one stringer and somebody gets a ticket.  Doesn't matter how many people there are.

PS - you might want to check yourself!

This.

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
That's cool that you took some friends fishing, Pond King, but why bother pointing out twice that helping your friends kept you from catching more fish.  We can figure that out, and you get lots more credit for helping out your buddies if you don't paint it up like helping them actually messed you up.  Also, snapping back at someone who tried to give you good advice about the common stringer seems a little hot - maybe re-read his response and your own reaction before throwing it down like you're all hurt and offended.  Just my two cents.   :smt001

Thanks for the report - I didn't know rockfishing was open at night, and that spot looks like a hot one.  Good info on the tackle and fishing style too.

You may be a little hot under the collar and easy to rile   :smt003 :smt002, but I sense good fishing and camaraderie energy.  Thanks for bringing your reports.  Do you have a kayak yet?  (sorry if I missed that part of your bio   :smt001)
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

dilbeck

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
^ Ah, so much more eloquent and articulate than myself.  :smt001

The Pond King

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Did I mention it twice? I didn't know. It's probably the competitive side of me that I got from doing sports.

Okay the reason why I'm all riled up is because you guys sure gave me one hell of a warm welcome on my first thread.

I agree, I'm sure Tote was well intended and I will take his advice next time I go rockfishing. (My apologies Tote!)

That's cool that you took some friends fishing, Pond King, but why bother pointing out twice that helping your friends kept you from catching more fish.  We can figure that out, and you get lots more credit for helping out your buddies if you don't paint it up like helping them actually messed you up.  Also, snapping back at someone who tried to give you good advice about the common stringer seems a little hot - maybe re-read his response and your own reaction before throwing it down like you're all hurt and offended.  Just my two cents.   :smt001

Thanks for the report - I didn't know rockfishing was open at night, and that spot looks like a hot one.  Good info on the tackle and fishing style too.

You may be a little hot under the collar and easy to rile   :smt003 :smt002, but I sense good fishing and camaraderie energy.  Thanks for bringing your reports.  Do you have a kayak yet?  (sorry if I missed that part of your bio   :smt001)

GrimKeeper

• Sea Lion
  • To consume, you must produce.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013
Rockfish on the bass gear is an absolute blast.
+1 on the zoom baits too. I like to run a 1/0 gamakatsu g-lock with "the fluke" in smokin Shad. I split shot it instead of Texas rig. I catch fish when others don't on that rig. I haven't used the curly tails yet. Nice job putting the newbs on fish.

Dan V

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
Much nicer report than your first , pictures with a face and fishing location !  :smt006  Nice bunch of rockfish! Don't worry , I've been fishing Ft. Baker and Ft. Point for close to 50 years ( not really a secret to anyone ) and with diesel being $4.25+ a gallon I don't travel that far to fish unless its a multi-day trip (RVing ) . Don't worry about not having a kayak yet , I was here for a couple of years or more before I bought my first one . Keep the reports/pics coming , you will be able to post in the MEMBERS reports soon and not just anyone will be able to get the scoop on your spots .  :smt002

Malibu_Two

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
That's a hell of a haul for inside the bay. I might have to take the nephews out there. Nice job!
May the fish be mighty and the seas be meek...

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • I'm Glen, from the mailroom!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Did I mention it twice? I didn't know. It's probably the competitive side of me that I got from doing sports.

Okay the reason why I'm all riled up is because you guys sure gave me one hell of a warm welcome on my first thread.

I agree, I'm sure Tote was well intended and I will take his advice next time I go rockfishing. (My apologies Tote!)

Nicer report and pics! But don't be so defensive on feedback; we're just trying to watch out for each and quite possibly have been through that same scenario.

BTW: Use to love hanging out at the Fort with my boys!!! We use to drop some traps for Rockies and fish for anything that would take our hook; but chilling at night with boyz (and girls) under the GG with SF City in the background was all that mattered.

Thanks for sharing your adventure!!!
The one who dies with the most toys, WINS!

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
Thanks for the report and pics, makes it look like something I might want to try on a lazy day.

Lazy day hell,, I'm getting to enjoy shore fishing too much these days.