Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:11:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: MBK Monterey Bay Kayaks 3rd Annual Fishing Derby 8/15 UPDATED!!!!  (Read 20959 times)

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Just got back states side, hoping to get to sac and get everything packed up.  Might be heading out tonight in the middle of the night, bringin GF and Rudy.  Not sure where we are going to stay, I might splurge and get a hotel or something.  Looking to hit the water in the morning and get an idea of the layout there, never fished it.  Anyone else going to be prefishing tomorrow?
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

stoggie

• Salmon
  • Team Mooch Patrol
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2008
Good luck with hotels around monterey. This weekend is the concour d'elegence at pebble beach. Most of those stay at the pricey hotels, but you can be sure rooms will be at a premium.

See ya all there.

Stoggie

HDRich

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2008
We were trying to book rooms for our CEO interviews and between the fair, the concours, and the incoming firefighting troops, there isn't squat available..

Good Luck!!!!

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Sleep in the pick up again, is there a Walmart around? Haha.  My crew made me sleep in, They are on their way to get me, so no early morning scouting today, see you all down there.
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Walmart is in Marina, right off the Reservation Rd exit. You can car-camp in the prkng lot for free....just in case.
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
If anybody is willing to donate some fish to the annual CRSA BBQ Fundraiser (Carmel River Steelhead Assoc), please see me after the event. I will be taking fish donations. And it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I've worked this out w/the DFG. We have clearance to accept donations on behalf of the CRSA Fundraiser BBQ. Please find me after the event if you are willing to donate some fish to this very-worthy cause. Just remember to observe all applicable regulations, because they obviously still apply.
Thanks!!!!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:18:19 PM by Sin Coast »
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
S.C.,
Great cause - if you would like us to - I'm sure some of us would donate on Sunday as well if needed. 
See you in Monterey,
Eric
Hobie Outback (dune)

Bkayaking

• Salmon
  • "This is my passion..."
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Sin Coast... yup, I'm still in for your cause... But, if I were thinking, we'd have gone out of town and rented out the house for the weekend!!! Big deposit and easy money!!! Look forward to seeing everyone.

Blake

PS. Swell hasn't come up AS much as expected and I don't care for Jelly's...X#*%*!!!
Blake
Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Co.

calbear

• Salmon
  • Waylon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Freakin jelly invasion! They're everywhere
Motorized boats are for the lazy limp d!%k$

bajareefer

• Salmon
  • big sur ling 07/29/09
  • View Profile
Look ..........no more posts here cuz all you guys are out on Monterey Bay fishing!!! :smt005
I loaded up last nite and got ready to go and woke up at 4 am ....sick!  :smt013
So,
 I'll hold down the thread here until ya'll get back.
 Sure is lonely here all by myself w/ hot tea and soup.

All rigged up and no place to go.... :smt010
I hope the East Bay contingent did well!
 Steve

Cortez Marine....
Marinelife consultant

tracy d

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
 :smt010
couldnt make it today-very upset, was really looking forward to this.
Worked a graveyard shift at the hospital last night came home looking to get a late start, but as i was loading, my body felt like a sack of rocks! sat down for two minutes and woke up on the couch at 11am- i hate working graveyard :smt012
aaarrg. wanted to meet and greet more than anything guess im going to have to pay better attention to dates and be sure to get time off next time.
  Hope somebody got some good weight :smt001

Heard fishing hasnt been very good inside the bay lately, had a friend that hit a charter boat last saturday, and barely got a limit, that is scary, ive never heard that before.

bajareefer

• Salmon
  • big sur ling 07/29/09
  • View Profile
Yeah Tracy,
 Sucks big time doesn't it?
I did laundry, folded clothes, fed the fish, watched TV and kept monitoring the net here for the first news.
 Part a me hopes they got blown out and we missed nothin...
 The other side lives vicariously thru the thrills and good times of others and hopes for some exciting reports!

Drum roll please...comon guys...anyone back yet or are you all grilling halibut on the beach..... :smt010 :smt010 :smt010 :smt010
Tell us what happened!
 Steve
Cortez Marine....
Marinelife consultant