Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:43:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:39:50 PM]

[Today at 04:07:02 PM]

[Today at 01:20:14 PM]

[Today at 10:36:10 AM]

[Today at 09:23:34 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Half Moon Bay Kayak Co. Kayak Fishing Seminar  (Read 2254 times)

Rikshaw

Join Cobra Kayaks and the Half Moon Bay Kayak Co. July 30th from 11am to 4pm for a FREE slide show and seminar on Kayak Fishing. The Seminar will be followed by an On The Water Kayak Fishing Event hosted by Cobra Kayaks Team Fisherman John "Eagle Eye" Pawlak, Ed Whited, and Ric "Rikshaw" Hawthorne as well as NCKA's  Sean "Scwafish" White and Bill.

The Seminar will feature displays, discussions, hands on exhibits, and Q&A and is for anglers and paddlers of ALL Skill Levels. Call Half Moon Bay Kayak Co. at (650)773-6101 for information and to RSVP.

Hope to see you there.

Ric

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Why don't we hold a rockfish derby earlier that morning (daybreak- 10:30am)?

We can make it a simple "money between friends" derby.  Also, it would be cool if HMB Kayak Co and Cobra Kayaks donate and raffle off some free schwag as part of the event... or give it away as 2nd and 3rd place prizes.

A derby followed by the seminar would be fun everyone.  Also, for lunch, we could meet down the road at Ono Hawaiian Grill for some good food.
Winner - 2023 ARW Halibut Derby "King of the Wall"
Winner - 2018 ARW Halibut Handline Derby
Winner - 2013 Doran Beach Crabfest
2nd Place - 2012 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner (Biggest Rock Crab) - 2010 Half Moon Bay Crabfest
Winner - 2009 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner - 2009 Paradise Halibut Hunt
Winner - 2007 NCKA Angler of the Year
Winner "Grand Slam" - 2007 Bendo @ Mendo III
2nd Place - 2007 Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Derby
Winner - 2004 Santa Cruz Kayak Fishing Derby

Rikshaw

Why don't you give Doug or Chris at HMBKC a call and set it up. Sounds like a GREAT plan to me and I was already planning on bringing some goodies up for just that reason, although as I told Bill, and have discussed with some of the guys heading up... we are doing the Native American Salmon dance and hoping like crazy that we can get some more of those bad boys going off for when we come up.

Limits were there for the taking right outside the harbor when I was up there at the beginning of May.

I'll call Doug tomorrow as well and see what we can do.

Thanks

Ric

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile GulfStream Outdoors
So maybe we could do a big fish derby then, with very specific species list  :smt002

RCG Complex
Salmon
Halibut
Striper

I would be happy to help out setting it up.

Rikshaw

Let's do it.

I'll call Doug tomorrow morning to see what they suggest, but then I am sorry to say, my time is a bit limited. I leave tomorrow night to give a kayak fishing seminar in Livermore, then Saturday I'll be in Truckee at Donner Lake to help The Truckee Sports Exchange with a Demo event and to do some trout fishing, then it is off for a paddle at Tahoe, and then off down 395 to Crowley and points south, until I get home next week sometime.

Then Friday, it is my Ladies B-Day (How many times is she going to turn 26?), the Saturday it is a Fish'n Que with Perry of http://www.allkayakfishing.com, and then I guess I am co-hosting rod and reel radio on Fox Sports Network again on Sunday...

So I'll do what I can... but I'm spread a bit thin.

I'll let you know what Chris and Doug think tomorrow.

Have a great evening.

Ric

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
How do I get a job like yours?   :smt002

-Allen

Rikshaw

OK Guys,

I spoke with Doug at HMBKC this morning and his response was that they would LOVE to host a Money Between Friends Fishing Tourney before the Seminar.

Now they have never done anything like this before so Bill, if you and maybe Sean can pitch in and help them set things up, it would be terrific. Cobra will bring some goodies like paddles, rod holders, etc. as prizes and raffle items, and I'll do my best to get some of our other sponsors like Fish Trap and Shimano to kick in some items as well... but no promises.

The Seminar has been scheduled for 11am to 4pm which was to include about an hour Power Point Presentation, a Q&A Session, as well as an OTW display. so maybe we'll need to switch things around a bit to ensure a smooth flow and to make sure the other day to day operations of HMBKC are not intrupped, but we have about 5 weeks to get things planned and make this a really fun event.

My number at work is (310)327-9216 and my e-mail is ric@cobrakayaks.com, so if anyone needs to get ahold of me, that's the way to do it.

IMPORTANT!!! If we are going to pull this off, anyone interested in attending the MBF Fishoff, the Seminar, or both... you MUST contact Doug or Chris at the Half Moon Bay Kayak Co. to RSVP. Doug and Chris can be reached at (650)773-6101.

This should be a blast.

Ric

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile GulfStream Outdoors
Wow thanks Rik! I can get the ball rolling since I think Sean is still in Mexico. I can handle the signup for the derby and maybe if people sign up for the derby I can forward there names to RSVP for the clinic.

Rikshaw

Cool. I am off now for my trip up north, but I should be back in the office Monday, so we'll touch base then. I think Doug has been pulling my leg about not knowing anything about kayak fishing. You should see the pics of some of the fish he got on one of his trips to Honduras that he posted on our site... WHEN ARE WE HEADING SOUTH OF THE BORDER? Wow.

I think we need a trip to Costa Rica set up.

Talk with you soon.

Ric

Potato_River

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Bill,
Count me in.

Stuart

Kevin

• Salmon
  • View Profile

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
Winner - 2023 ARW Halibut Derby "King of the Wall"
Winner - 2018 ARW Halibut Handline Derby
Winner - 2013 Doran Beach Crabfest
2nd Place - 2012 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner (Biggest Rock Crab) - 2010 Half Moon Bay Crabfest
Winner - 2009 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner - 2009 Paradise Halibut Hunt
Winner - 2007 NCKA Angler of the Year
Winner "Grand Slam" - 2007 Bendo @ Mendo III
2nd Place - 2007 Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Derby
Winner - 2004 Santa Cruz Kayak Fishing Derby

Anonymous

I know you guys do not want here this but i am in :smt033 chef

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
we could meet down the road at Ono Hawaiian Grill for some good food.
 = that's what I'm talk'n about  :smt007

Count me in :smt006

pierre

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Count me in. sounds like fun.

anything