Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:22:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Delta Launch Locations  (Read 80329 times)

ppickerell

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2006
ppickerell, is this the marina?

Where is the bridge you discuss?

It's about 2 miles west of there. You have to cross it to get to Holland.

dwest

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
Is this the bridge?

Which side / where would you launch a kayak?

Thanks.
dwest -  just a guy. (Occasionally posting quasi-fictional-hopefully-amusing stuff under the pen name StocktonDon.)

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
Another EXCELLENT thread from sharing yak-fishers.GOOD JOB on ALL the details w/pics too?!No more wondering where to start if hitting the delta.Thanks a Million :smt008 Where's the crazy PBers?
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

dwest

• Salmon
  • View Profile
dwest -  just a guy. (Occasionally posting quasi-fictional-hopefully-amusing stuff under the pen name StocktonDon.)

b3d

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
I think I may have found a launch site with direct access to Mildred Island.  By taking Don's suggestion of using old ferry sites, it looks like there might be the remains of a ferry crossing on W Lower Jones Road that could possible work for a launch site.  I will try to drive by this soon check it out.

This site shows the location of a Mildred island ferry
http://mapserver.maptech.com/homepage/index.cfm?lat=37.97181&lon=-121.52077&scale=24000&zoom=100&type=1&icon=0&width=498&height=498&searchscope=dom&CFID=3167386&CFTOKEN=37702485&scriptfile=http://mapserver.maptech.com/homepage/index.cfm&latlontype=DMS

and if you look at the center of this map, it looks like the concrete landing could still be there
http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&z=18&ll=37.97109,-121.522152&spn=0.003062,0.005466

Brian 3D

dwest

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Sweet work, Brian 3d - regardless of what your onsite investigation turns up. 

Did you just stumble on the ferry notation on the map or does MapTech let you search somehow?

Could you take and include a picture of whatever you find in your online report? 

Again, great work.

Thanks!

b3d

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Did you just stumble on the ferry notation on the map or does MapTech let you search somehow?

Could you take and include a picture of whatever you find in your online report? 

I simply stubled across the ferry crossing, after remembering your comment about using them as a launch site.  Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to directly search for the crossings.  I did notice that they seam to be listed on the 'Fish-n-Go' maps.  It also looks as if there was another crossing just to the north of Mildred.

http://mapserver.maptech.com/homepage/index.cfm?lat=38.002166&lon=-121.511009&scale=24000&zoom=100&type=1&icon=0&width=498&height=498&searchscope=dom&CFID=3167386&CFTOKEN=37702485&scriptfile=http://mapserver.maptech.com/homepage/index.cfm&latlontype=DMS

I will try bring the camera when I go exploring.  Both Don's and Al's work including maps and photos have made this thread a great resource.

Brian 3Dog

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I hope you can find an easy launch access for Mildred. I've heard good things about that area.

I took a ride out there after I started this thread. Went out Bacon Island road and W. Lower Jones Rd. The only launches I found would be off the levee. I wouldn't be able to do that by myself.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:27:29 PM by Alfredo »

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Both Don's and Al's work including maps and photos have made this thread a great resource.

Thanks Brian.. I appreciate the additional locations and information that you and others have been posting.
This kind of info takes the mystery out of delta fishing.

b3d

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I hope you can find an easy launch access for Mildred. I've heard good things about that area.

I took a ride out there after I started this thread. Went out Bacon Island road and W. Lower Jones Rd. The only launches I found would be off the levee. I wouldn't be able to do that by myself.

Did you see this as you were scanning the shoreline?
Plane over Mildred

Hey Al,

I also saw the plane and thought is was cool.  I am not sure what the odds are of catching a plane in a satelite image but either way, it woke me up.  I thought the plane looked a little low to be headed to the Stockton airport, but I am not a pilot.

I will be sure to post an update when I get out to Mildred Island, but I am gathering that the old ferry crossing is not accessable or no longer there.

I think that I am free on Sunday and I may join you at Delta Meadows.  I am still deciding, the possibility of Striper or Salmon is making this a tough choice.

Brian 3Dog

dwest

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Vieira's on the lower Scaramento River just before it joins the ship channel above Rio Vista.  I am trying to figure out how to salmon fish here.  The launch ramp puts you immediatley on the salmon waters.  It is easily reached driving north from Highway 12 just east of the Rio Vista (Highway 12) brdige over the Sacramento River.

Here is the spot:

. 0222,0.022874&t=h&om=1

Here are some Vieira’s photos:

The resort:

The tariff:

The typical boats at work.

They are working on the levees, so some interesting companions on the water:

The launch office and tackle store:

justhavinfun

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
This looked like as good a place as any for this information.

The delta_tides_9-21-06.kmz I got from here http://www.calfishing.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=16478&mode=full&page= (cut and paste if the link doesn't work). This file contains markers for most of the major sloughs and rivers in the delta and has links to tide tables for the exact areas marked. No more guessing where some sloughs are or how to figure out the tide differences. Swimbait from Calfishing did a lot of work and I'd just like to thank him for it.

The Big Break.kmz file lists the most accessable launches to get into Big Break (east of the Antioch Bridge) and a bit of information about each place. Two of them are currently closed by the park district but will reopen soon.

Jeff
Originally I got into fishing to fish.

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
This looked like as good a place as any for this information.

Jeff

Thanks for the kmz files Jeff. The delta tides file is great.

Al

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
It's frog tossing season! Anyone have any new delta launch locations to add to the list?

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile