Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:33:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:58:59 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: OK Prowler 13 - worth it?  (Read 2559 times)

phishphood

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
Might have a shot at getting a used OK Prowler (I don't thinks it's a trident, but fingers crossed?) for $400. That a decent deal for one of those? Haven't seen too many of them. And while we're at it, how do you store rods for surf launch/exits on it without a mod pod. It's my understanding there's a small center hatch option but no way to install a modpod in a standard prowler. Thanks.
--Mitch, the perpetual newbie

masterandahound

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
Depends on how it was stored and what condition its in. If it isn't beaten to hell, that's a good price for a good boat. Good luck !
Ocean Kayak Prowler Big Game

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
I would disassemble the reel from the rod and place the rod in the paddle bungee. The last two numbers is the serial number will tell you what year it was made. 400 bucks is a pretty fair deal
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

krusty

• No stinkin'
  • Sea Lion
  • Is This Edible?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
I bought my Prowler 13 used at Monterey Bay Kayak's sale for about the same price. I stored my reels in a dry bag and tie down the rods in the paddle holders for surf launches and landings.

phishphood

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Thanks guys. Was pretty set on a trident or something with the easy rod storage for my first dedicated yak but disassembling two or three sets doesn't seem so bad for a full day of water. I'm assuming same goes for pole spears or guns.

krusty

• No stinkin'
  • Sea Lion
  • Is This Edible?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Thanks guys. Was pretty set on a trident or something with the easy rod storage for my first dedicated yak but disassembling two or three sets doesn't seem so bad for a full day of water. I'm assuming same goes for pole spears or guns.

If you are going to be storing guns, dive belt, and fins, the Trident will be a much better fit. EVERYTHING can go into that center rod pod.

phishphood

• Salmon
  • View Profile

If you are going to be storing guns, dive belt, and fins, the Trident will be a much better fit. EVERYTHING can go into that center rod pod.
Yeah my biggest concern was fins. Weighty belt can easily go in the back and spears can be tied down but there didn't seem like any good place for fins

anything