Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:34:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: RBC2  (Read 21755 times)

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Had a great time! Congrats to the winners! Many thanks to all that contributed with the pot-luk. The food was epic as usual and the after dinner show (Mr. Evel Knievel made a surprise appearance :smt044) was the schnizzel!!!!

I also want to thank Sledge for getting the ball rolling on the donations for the Cancer boys - much love to all :smt008

Joe, Lorenzo, Allan and all the cooks = Thank you all for your hard work! Really hoping we can keep the tradition of the Red Barn alive!

Thanks to Ocean Kayaks and the rest of the sponsors that stepped up to the plate with the prizes :smt038

Did anyone end up with an extra tee shirt?

Could not find my XL T-shirt and my RBC2 hat as well....if anyone went home with a few extras, please PM me / thank you!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:16:47 PM by Mooch »

iroelikethat

• Fish! It's whats for dinner!
  • Sea Lion
  • 42 in the left 38 in the right-Feather River
  • View Profile JeffE's Myspace Page
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:15:04 PM by iroelikethat »
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -Chinese proverb
South Bay Safety Squad - TEAM CAPTAIN  Screen name generator and General Instigator from Decatur

FKV-1 2005 Liquid Logic Manta Ray (Decommissioned)
FKV-2 2010 Hobie Outback (Decommissioned)
FKV-3 2014 Jackson Cuda (In-service)
FKV-4 2017 Hobie Outback (Inaugural Pacific Mission/ Christening - Albion- Aug 10th 2017)

hightide

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
ALLAN

2020 Hobie Revo 13
OK T15
Owned 2015 Hobie AI
Owned Scupper Pro TW

Live, Love, Launch!

Roughster

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2010
I just bbq'd up some of my catch from RBC2.  Friction delicious!  Straight from the ocean to the BBQ, never frozen.

Chadrock

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
If you want to thank a Vet, be a person worth fighting for.

1st place Red Barn Classic 2010

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile

Pern

• Hobie Manyadik
  • Salmon
  • "LIBERI FATALI"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2008
 :smt044 :smt044 had a great time, and Mooch? the watermelon you served around was gOoOod.  Never had it before.  NCKA just rocks!!!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:55:25 PM by PernicusPrime »
I don't intend on winning any tourney's, I intend on fishing with the brother's OTW and having a good time while at it... NCKA!
Rockin' the... 2011 Hobie Mirage Revolution
Rocked the... 2009 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120
Rolled the... Perception Search 15

baitNbeer

• Sea Lion
  • "kick his ass sea-bass!"
  • View Profile delta rats & salty bay dogs
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
www.mossdalemilitia.com
 once you go yak , you dont go back
"But really though, I dont know how my wifes cucumber melon bodywash got in my dive bag"

sctrace

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2010
 :smt003 :smt003 THANKS JOE for putting together a sick tournament and Allen for sharing  your INSANE property and ocean views, (oh, and wearing the helmet of destruction!)  Had a GREAT time as usual NCKA style.  Seriously, you guys are all so damn funny and I had a blast!  Beer, hot pot, fish tacos, beer, oysters, killer chicken, pheasant pasta (wut?!) and a beerbong after an 18 year hiatus...awesome weekend!  Looking forward to RBC3!!!

MOOCH you are awesome!  ...and thanks for taking care of Cracker!  :smt006

Sledge, hope you made it through the rest of Sunday!  GET SOME!!!

-Trace
(tracey ziomek, santa cruz- for you facebookers)

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
and Mooch? the watermelon you served around was gOoOod.

Glad you enjoyed it! For those of you that like watermelon.....try it with a generous squeeze of lime  :smt045

MOOCH you are awesome!  ...and thanks for taking care of Cracker!

Anytime sweety  :smt002  I expect a footrub from you sometime in the future  :smt045

iroelikethat

• Fish! It's whats for dinner!
  • Sea Lion
  • 42 in the left 38 in the right-Feather River
  • View Profile JeffE's Myspace Page
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
wow what a great freaking weekend.. thanks to all that made this happen. esp, joe allan and jack and lorenzo!, you guys rock!, thanks to everyone that showed up and made this so much fun.. next time for sure!...i have lots of pics here are some. ill post the rest tomorrow.. gotta crash now..
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -Chinese proverb
South Bay Safety Squad - TEAM CAPTAIN  Screen name generator and General Instigator from Decatur

FKV-1 2005 Liquid Logic Manta Ray (Decommissioned)
FKV-2 2010 Hobie Outback (Decommissioned)
FKV-3 2014 Jackson Cuda (In-service)
FKV-4 2017 Hobie Outback (Inaugural Pacific Mission/ Christening - Albion- Aug 10th 2017)

Jedmo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
What a fun filled weekend with my NCKA brothers and sisters. Thanks again Joe, Allan, and Lorenzo for all your hardwork putting on such great event together. Congrats Anthony again on taking first place bro and to you as well Andy for second place. Looking forward to the next year RBC.

Jedmo
1st place GS3 2009
7th place AOTY 2009

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Mooch, that lime did kill the taste of the LSD! No wonder it was a party! Never again, will you squeeze the juice of satan into my watermelon! Here, let me roll over, and shoot it in my mouth, wait, is that gay?
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

dilbeck

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Man, I obviously missed a fantastic event!  Sadly the wife was out of town and I was busy with the girls.  I guess on the bright side, WAF was earned.

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Kool Stuff and Congrats to the winners, which looked like everyone!!!

Strong work Joe, (wish I could have met ya and said hi...) Kayakjack and chadrock for rocking the Man Kitchen and everyone else that made RBC2 a Kool Gig...
My original plan was to come in Friday morning, but...

the Family expressed interest in hitting the big blue....  well, I could win the tournament and have the Biggest stringer of my life...

and it would not even come close to seeing my family hook up for the first time on the Big Blue..

and with the FAC conditions forcasted....  :smt007  it's a Lock!!!

I knew getting there Saturday morning from the eastbay was going to put me out of tournament considerations, and if I even got my line in the water at all, it would be a miracle... so the plan changed to just getting the Fam out OTW and hopefully full stringers to last the winter for fish tacos...

The Fam was Great, motivated...4:30 wake up call and @ Ocean Cove a little before 9... I had not been to ocean cove before... about a 200 yd steep dirt ramp, back down only and only 10 min... launch... I had 4 hobies to rig....  :smt009

we get on the water and I am already exhausted... and now the real heads up is on with the Family OTW, in the Big Blue and these conditions... well....  SUCK!!!  red tide, fast drift..  I can tell my wife is a bit uneasy... we get to the mouth of the cove, and I'm thinking... a few minutes and we'll take it back in...

Kuba goes for his first drop.. HOOK UP!!!  nice Black...  wife is still just getting her sea legs...  kids are doing well, I'm busier than a centipede at a toe counting contest.. head on a swivel and ready for anything.. snags, get a fish , retie..

wife is fishing????  :smt004 cool... Hooks Up!!! small Back but that is all it took...

The Madness is on...  she is all over it, I'm blown away...  Kuba goes for a net job of Mommy's fish and goes over!!!

Oh shit!!!  before I can even start to help get him back in.

He self-rescued like a Pro....   :smt103

worth the price of admission right there to see that... wish I was taking pics on that one...  so Kuba's wet, mixed swell/wind are getting Nasty...

" OK.. That's it, were going in..."   :smt102 :smt101  :smt104

Their looking at me like I've lost my mind... they want to still fish!!!

I'm Blown away... My wife is bitten by the Madness!!!  I've been doing this for over 6 years... and here we are, and that's great, but these conditions are not good...

I convince them to come close into the cove and we find some calmer water, but the drift was still fast... I had extra clothes for Kuba and we continue the quest...  I think we were out there for over a hour and called it... then deal with the launch from hell with boats wanting to come in and me dealing with 4 hobies...  got it done and got up top with almost getting stuck on the ramp...  pack it up and just so proud of my family taking on those conditions and handling the Big Blue like old salts...  They really had fun and can't wait to get back put there...

I do not have the heart to tell them Rockfish season is just about done....  :smt010

Get to the RBC and Oh My...  it's been way to long since I have seen some of those faces...  Great scene, people and food...  Just got to love NCKA...

Really wish I could have stayed longer, but it was along day for the Fam and me... Glad I got to say Hi to a few and look forward to being present and attending more events in the future... 

and Look out at the future events...

" The Danglin Clan..."

is going to be a force to be reckoned with   :smt066 :fishing1 :smt117  :grommit: :smt035

Our small stringer was set to the Best Fish Tacos we ever had tonight and looking forward to more soon...

they were so Happy with themselves and so am I...

This is such a Kool way of life...

See ya all soon.... :smt006
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:25:17 AM by Danglin »
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator