Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:16:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:45:35 PM]

by Rick
[Today at 06:21:18 PM]

[Today at 06:03:14 PM]

[Today at 06:03:07 PM]

[Today at 06:01:09 PM]

[Today at 05:53:10 PM]

by &
[Today at 05:23:24 PM]

[Today at 01:20:14 PM]

[Today at 10:36:10 AM]

[Today at 09:23:34 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: New To Ocean Kayak Fishing  (Read 1025 times)

B0B

• Sea Lion
  • Tapatalk User
  • View Profile JIGS
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
welcome!

those are very good conditions.  my remedy aside from medicating the night before,  is get a good night's rest, eat light breakfast,  nothing wierd,  pickled or smoked.  then when you're on the water reduce any amount of time looking for/fondling with stuff or tying rigs.  catching fish and being on the move helps. 

but getting enough rest is probably the most important thing.  i know fishing anxiety can keep you from falling asleep. when i get under 4hrs of sleep im guranteed to get seasick regardless of what i do, or how calm conditions are.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

-Bob Pham

Kaiju Custom Tackle
Making custom Fishing lures and jigs since 2015. Out of San Jose, California
Check out my stuff for sale: http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=75876.0
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kaijucustomtackle/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kaiju-Custom-Tackle-103053935047653

batman8224k

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
Wow Thanks Guys for all the Tips and useful information.  I cant wait to go back to the ocean and fish.   Don't know if i can go back to inland fishing now :)

Thanks Jerry

Azkikr

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2017

COWBRO

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2017
Hey, I remember hearing you yaking from your yak. I'm glad it didn't totally discourage you from coming out again. Like the others said, wind is the biggest factor for me, I have been out in 6-8' @ 16secs with less than 5 mph wind and it was no big deal, (other than the fish didn't want to bite) but wind waves in the bay can get over 2' real easy and those are scary to me.

I will gladly make the drive to the ocean as long as the swells are in the 3-5' range and the wind is relatively calm in the morning 10mph or less. 20mph or above is usually no bueno.

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Hey, I remember hearing you yaking from your yak. I'm glad it didn't totally discourage you from coming out again. Like the others said, wind is the biggest factor for me, I have been out in 6-8' @ 16secs with less than 5 mph wind and it was no big deal, (other than the fish didn't want to bite) but wind waves in the bay can get over 2' real easy and those are scary to me.

I will gladly make the drive to the ocean as long as the swells are in the 3-5' range and the wind is relatively calm in the morning 10mph or less. 20mph or above is usually no bueno.

Usually? :smt002
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=42846.msg470404#msg470404

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

• Fishing is the perpetual series occasion of hope.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Ask your Dr to preacribe you promethazine (aka Phenergan, what they give kids for colds/cough). Its what they give people in the coast guard and navy and works like a charm, otc medicines and homeopathic remedies dont even compare. 25 mg and you will be a salty sailor in no time flat.
Interesting! I think my tier as far as condition. Swell 6ft or lower @10sec interval, wind 10knots under. I remember Albion a while, I think it was over 10ft its like seesaw and you can hear your kayak swooshing like surf board on a good sets.
Live today for tomorrow's sake.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

anything