Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:39:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:11:09 PM]

[Today at 06:20:40 PM]

[Today at 06:06:38 PM]

[Today at 04:50:16 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Why did you choose Eddyline  (Read 6008 times)

wvhzd1

Doing my research on kayaks before I purchase one..i`m making plans to demo as many models as I can.. but still I would just like to know why some of you chose eddyline ..Vic

Thanks Vic

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Pros: Light weight, stability, superior hull design, excellent paddling, easy to to rig, easy to repair the hull, crazy good looking
Cons: cost, loaded impact vulnerability to hull breach,

I love my Eddyline 12 Carribean more than any other yak I own. The weight factor is a huge factor but they are great paddling yaks also. Eddylines are like Apple laptops, better all around but cost more. The only situation where I would not recommend an Eddyline Carribean is for surf launch in rocky shore locations where a loaded impact is a possibility.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:35:30 PM by Great Bass 2 »
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

raydon

• Sea Lion
  • Fishy in the sea, won't you bite my hook for me?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
I was looking for a  yak that I could handle myself on top of the Subaru.  Like GB2 said, easy to rig, easy to launch, perfect for me as I look to
extend my longevity in kayaking.  No one will talk about it, but the Eddyline is sexy.  It never fails.  I get laid each time I take it out :smt044 

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
What Scott said. Easy to rig, 20-30% lighter, easy to fix, and best stability to speed ratio than any kayak in its class. Tom Derrer knows how to design an efficient hull. Demo one you won't be sorry.
Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

CappyMoMo.

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
I don't own one, but I'm advising my dad to buy one for the reasons stated above.  They will be taking off in their motorhome for a year and he wants to yak fish at every stop.  I guess he has a touch of the madness even with the limited time on a yak.  I am pushing him to the Eddyline 12 and away from a Sea Eagle inflatable.   With that yak,  not much need for Wheelez, and he can car top it on their follow vehicle no problem.  I told him that if he wants to really kayak,  get the Eddyline.   We will be getting a few more yaks as the girls get older.  We might still have to get a tandem in the near future as they are still so young,  they won't be solo for a long time.  I would love to get my wife and girls each a 12footer in the future.  Never paddled one,  but all the owners seem to really love them.  Light weight rely appeals to me.  Try to get a 70# yak up and down the stairs at SWS on your own after fishing for 6 hours and you would be praying for a light weight yak.
www.plantfertility.com
Trident Ultra 4.7
Morgan Consulting LLC Agronomy Pro Staff
Hating the Seahawks and the Raiders cause they suck.

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
If you want to try an Eddyline, come to Crabfest next weekend. Eddyline will have 5 or 6 demos there for people to try out and they are giving away a Red Caribbean 14 to our raffle.
Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

elusive

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Well said Scott ! light weight, (Huge Factor) easy to paddle and most of all it track straight really well ...
Hobie Outback LE 2015
Hobie AI 2016
Hobie Revolution 2015

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
If you want to try an Eddyline, come to Crabfest next weekend. Eddyline will have 5 or 6 demos there for people to try out and they are giving away a Red Caribbean 14 to our raffle.

Awesome. I'm gonna demo a 14. It's one of the few newer kayaks that I am interested in.

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
I have the 12' and love it. Great boat.
Everything Scott and Raydon mentioned is exactly what I would say.

Al

pao

I don't own one, but I'm advising my dad to buy one for the reasons stated above.  They will be taking off in their motorhome for a year and he wants to yak fish at every stop.  I guess he has a touch of the madness even with the limited time on a yak.  I am pushing him to the Eddyline 12 and away from a Sea Eagle inflatable.   With that yak, not much need for Wheelez, and he can car top it on their follow vehicle no problem.  I told him that if he wants to really kayak,  get the Eddyline.   We will be getting a few more yaks as the girls get older.  We might still have to get a tandem in the near future as they are still so young,  they won't be solo for a long time.  I would love to get my wife and girls each a 12footer in the future.  Never paddled one,  but all the owners seem to really love them.  Light weight rely appeals to me.  Try to get a 70# yak up and down the stairs at SWS on your own after fishing for 6 hours and you would be praying for a light weight yak.

I was amazed too when I was able to carry the Caribbean 12 above my head up and down in a 75 ft stretch of sand. 
Carbonlite 2000 gives Eddyline kayaks rigidity not found in roto-mold polyethylene kayaks, which means the Caribbean 12 or 14 retains its shape better and has less flex.  Retaing of the kayak's shape means no warping.  Along side of that, the UV resistant exterior will keep any Eddyline kayak much cooler after a day in the sun much similar to UPF cooling affect on clothing.  Another thing with the Caribbean is if you look or when you sit in one you can feel a curvature in the sitting area to your thighs.  This corrects and better postures your sitting position.  The carbon handles.  Let me tell you, if and when you utilize them you'll understand why it wasn't just another flashy or cool different gimmick about the Caribbean kayak.  There's a big difference in price for a paddling SOT kayak, but being on the luxury side it's really no different then having to pay for an Hobbie peddle Mirage drive.   All I can tell you is demo, demo, demo.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:10:41 PM by yester »

NicksYak

• Salmon
  • All gave some. Some gave all.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
I've got the Caribbean 12 and love it. Lighter weight to haul atop my SUV was the main motivation. Agree with comments about paddling ease and sexiness, too. BTW: got mine from Dan at Headwaters. Highly recommend him.

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
Why don't you tell us, who you are asking to defend and extrapolate on a certain brand, just what you are looking for in a fishing kayak. How old are you? How much do you weigh? How tall are you? What kind of fishing do you see yourself mostly doing? Are you going to be in saltwater or fresh water more? Do you want to paddle or peddle? Do you fly fish? Do you need to be able to stand in the kayak?Will you be traveling down river systems? Do you have any injuries that would restrict your movement or abilities? These are the questions we need to point you in the right direction. As there are many various types of watercraft made by each company. To ask a general question such as you are doesn't really get you into the boat you want for your needs.
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

Igor

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Why don't you tell us, who you are asking to defend and extrapolate on a certain brand, just what you are looking for in a fishing kayak. How old are you? How much do you weigh? How tall are you? What kind of fishing do you see yourself mostly doing? Are you going to be in saltwater or fresh water more? Do you want to paddle or peddle? Do you fly fish? Do you need to be able to stand in the kayak?Will you be traveling down river systems? Do you have any injuries that would restrict your movement or abilities? These are the questions we need to point you in the right direction. As there are many various types of watercraft made by each company. To ask a general question such as you are doesn't really get you into the boat you want for your needs.

3:3 :)

seriosly, Craigs are right.
Vic, give us some details about you.

FLAeddyliner

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
I knew nothing about kayaks but I did know I needed a light weight one if I was going to get back on the water.  I did my homework and it was clear to me that eddyline was the way to go.
I ordered a Caribbean 12 that should be arriving any day now.
I can't wait.   Will post a report after a couple of trips.
Ps....I fish a small local lake for bass, but I'm really excited about taking it out into the intercoastal waterway here in SE florida.   Big Redfish, and snook among others are the target but Tarpon are a possibility also........................stay tuned

jimx2000

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
I don't own one, but I'm advising my dad to buy one for the reasons stated above.  They will be taking off in their motorhome for a year and he wants to yak fish at every stop.  I guess he has a touch of the madness even with the limited time on a yak.  I am pushing him to the Eddyline 12 and away from a Sea Eagle inflatable.   With that yak,  not much need for Wheelez, and he can car top it on their follow vehicle no problem.  I told him that if he wants to really kayak,  get the Eddyline.   We will be getting a few more yaks as the girls get older.  We might still have to get a tandem in the near future as they are still so young,  they won't be solo for a long time.  I would love to get my wife and girls each a 12footer in the future.  Never paddled one,  but all the owners seem to really love them.  Light weight rely appeals to me.  Try to get a 70# yak up and down the stairs at SWS on your own after fishing for 6 hours and you would be praying for a light weight yak.

I have a Class C rv and there is no way to haul a hard shell kayak so after some searching and paddling inflatables, I found the Sea Eagle Razor Lite: outstanding kayak with it's drop stitch tech and when filled (about 7-8 mins of pumping) it's hard with no flex and I'm not a lightweight at 220. I dare say it actually paddled with better speed than the Carib 12. Portability, performance, and light weight (around 34lbs with seat) on this 12'10" kayak is impressive. I have a P&H Capella sea kayak (16.6") and kid you not, the Razor Lite is very close in speed. Three high quality Halkey  valves is it..both sides and floor, that's it. Don't worry about it breaking..very durable. Proof is in paddling one.

anything