Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:45:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:15:24 AM]

[Today at 08:08:08 AM]

[Today at 07:42:13 AM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Chaeki YakAttack Mods added  (Read 2754 times)

chaeki

• Sea Lion
  • Archer, Fisher, Diver, Shooter, Babysitter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013
Finally got my kayak modded for kayak fishing.  Due to my sons enjoyment, its our father and son thing to do.  Need to make a seat mod for him so he can swivel behind me and we should be good.

http://imgur.com/a/96EQp

Thanks G-Whiz for coming through on the name stickers.  Now my son and I can represent!

eelkram

• Sea Lion
  • it's my name, backwards
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Nice mods!  Looks very clean
'15 Viking ProFish Reload, wasp
'11 Hobie Revo 13, skunk yellow
'12 Hobie Outfitter, dune (I'm the guy pedaling in the back)

Fishcomb

• Sea Lion
  • Banted by Moderators
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2012
looks good chaeki

kind of freaks me out that you drilled so low to put that transducer in but it does look damn clean.

IsaoK

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013

LeroyJenkins

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
Looks awesome! I decided to go with the cell block with a flexible transducer mount. Was worried I would snap my transducer off if and when I ground my boat. I'll send pics once it is all in place.

chaeki

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
looks good chaeki

kind of freaks me out that you drilled so low to put that transducer in but it does look damn clean.
With side scanning, I had to make sure that it cleared the pontoons, good thing is that the pontoons keep it high enough off the ground.

chaeki

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
thanks for the comments, now if I could just catch fish!!! lol

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • I'm Glen, from the mailroom!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Thanks G-Whiz for coming through on the name stickers.  Now my son and I can represent!

How come you didn't use the "diver version" of your son's decal? that was custom made for him!!!!

ps: did you make sure you scuff the area and wipe it down with alcohol before you applied it? the texture on the SC Yak is finicky when it comes to vinyl adhesives....

btw: nice mod; "the student is now the teacher"!  I still remember us mod'ing your other kayak! :smt003
The one who dies with the most toys, WINS!

chaeki

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

How come you didn't use the "diver version" of your son's decal? that was custom made for him!!!!

ps: did you make sure you scuff the area and wipe it down with alcohol before you applied it? the texture on the SC Yak is finicky when it comes to vinyl adhesives....

btw: nice mod; "the student is now the teacher"!  I still remember us mod'ing your other kayak! :smt003
diver version?  I thought they were all the same!!! hahaha I have to go back and check.  I didnt prep crap, I have no clue what I'm doing!!

thanks btw, it helped alot working on the tandem with you, to understand that drilling was okay!!

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • I'm Glen, from the mailroom!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
I didnt prep crap, I have no clue what I'm doing!!

well then.... " you are not a Jedi, yet!"

at least you still have a backup set right? :smt003 don't remove the attached vinyl, just wait till it peels off and then put on the backup set.

Make sure you press firmly on the vinyl with you thumb or finger against the kayak; to the point you kinda slightly dimple the the plastic of the kayak. This will show you areas (small air pockets = decontamination) on the lettering that didnt firmly stick to the plastic and press firmly around that area until the vinyl doesnt show anymore pockets. The vinyl should be able to stretch (expand/contract) with the kayak plastic in the heat/cold; if it is not properly adhered to, the kayak or vinyl will cool or heat up faster than the other and then start to peel (and come off).

The one who dies with the most toys, WINS!

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
I see I'm not the only one who bought the pink YakAttack rails hahaha...I painted mine with a matte black Krylon Fusion spraypaint and it looks good so far.
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

trianglelaguna

• Sea Lion
  • put the lotion in the basket
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
very cool...That boy makes me smile every time I see him!!!
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.

People aren’t supposed to look back. I’m certainly not going to do it anymore.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

chaeki

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Saw the dive sticker, badass!  Good thing I didnt put it on or else it would of been messed up!!  Bookmark the thread for when I replace it.  Thanks Glen
I didnt prep crap, I have no clue what I'm doing!!

well then.... " you are not a Jedi, yet!"

at least you still have a backup set right? :smt003 don't remove the attached vinyl, just wait till it peels off and then put on the backup set.

Make sure you press firmly on the vinyl with you thumb or finger against the kayak; to the point you kinda slightly dimple the the plastic of the kayak. This will show you areas (small air pockets = decontamination) on the lettering that didnt firmly stick to the plastic and press firmly around that area until the vinyl doesnt show anymore pockets. The vinyl should be able to stretch (expand/contract) with the kayak plastic in the heat/cold; if it is not properly adhered to, the kayak or vinyl will cool or heat up faster than the other and then start to peel (and come off).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 06:33:55 PM by chaeki »

chaeki

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I see I'm not the only one who bought the pink YakAttack rails hahaha...I painted mine with a matte black Krylon Fusion spraypaint and it looks good so far.
My thought behind pink was anti-theft device and markings! (cough, so I said to myself)

chaeki

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
very cool...That boy makes me smile every time I see him!!!
Ran into a delima, he won't go to his friends birthday party if he knows that I am going fishing the same day.  Tells his Mom to go in his place.... hahahahaha