Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:52:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:59:11 PM]

[Today at 09:44:18 PM]

[Today at 09:12:36 PM]

[Today at 09:05:54 PM]

[Today at 07:11:09 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Newb from Salinas Valley!  (Read 609 times)

saladfighter

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
Hello, gentlemen! After a super swell, whale filled awesome morning off of Coral st, this is my first post to contribute anything and introduce myself. My name is Chris.  Been bending a rod off a kayak now for about 4 months and the addiction is getting worse lol. Met a couple of you guys today (Aptos and PGSteven).  Learned a few new things and hope to learn a lot more from you all.  Thank you for letting  me be part of this crazy bunch.  :)  Scored 3 chinas and a copper today before the swell started getting to me.  Headed back out when the whales showed up but caught no more.  Definately launching at Coral st again! What a great spot!

PablitoPescador

• Sea Lion
  • Sorry ladies, I'm married to the sea
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Welcome chris! We have a great crew in this area. Looking forward to seeing you on the water

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
Congratulations Saladfighter. See ya on the water and welcome. I am in Salinas as well,

Alex
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Welcome aboard and to the madness Chris  :smt006
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 01:53:53 PM by Sailfish »
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

rino081

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Welcome aboard, lot of great info and people here!

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010

57FISHY

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013

beerhunter

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2012
 :smt006 welcome see you OTW

trianglelaguna

• Sea Lion
  • put the lotion in the basket
  • View Profile
hey Chris
had a blast hanging with you yesterday morning --my buddy Ron is a funny dude too..great morning- ON SHORE that is  :smt001
I went and helped my buddy Matt load and carry up the stairs after you and Ron had left and also got to see a few of those kayak pairs we were watching  come in...
 Matt said he was laughing as hard as we were on shore -in his kayak, watching that little dude in the  blow up boat do near-high sides on the boils ...I did not see one fish in any of the yaks that came ashore either....glad we watched and drank coffee on the cliff  :smt003

and yes Saturday was an epic whale and wildlife show...off the hook...everything was there feeding..

anyways was good to meet you...see you at the derby in Santa Cruz!!!! or maybe before then  where we fished with the humpbacks ,let me know if you are down to fish before the 7th
Craig
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.

People aren’t supposed to look back. I’m certainly not going to do it anymore.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

saladfighter

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
Craig, super cool to meet you and Ron.  Sitting on the cliff was waaay better than getting tossed around on the water not catching anything. That little dude was off the hook out there lol. He's no joke, man! I'd been wondering if anyone had caught anything.  Was your buddy, Matt, the dude that you called on the phone that was was straight out frkm us? He didn't catch anything?? Damn dude.  I'll be out at Humback central Saturday morning lol but not sure if I can make the tournament in Santa Cruz
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:25:23 PM by saladfighter »

trianglelaguna

• Sea Lion
  • put the lotion in the basket
  • View Profile
yeah that was Matt that was right out off the kelp by the bigger power boats...he got slammed a couple times but could could not set the hook on anything...he said the boats around him-and kayaks were quiet too....maybe I'll see you Sat..
peace
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.

People aren’t supposed to look back. I’m certainly not going to do it anymore.”
― Kurt Vonnegut