Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:14:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:38:26 AM]

[Today at 09:51:22 AM]

[Today at 08:08:50 AM]

[Today at 07:24:38 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:26:01 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:53:15 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:54:40 PM]

by jp52
[April 18, 2024, 02:25:47 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 02:15:59 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 01:10:11 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 11:10:06 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:46:32 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:43:09 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:32:03 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: PBAO Kayak Fishing Tournament – CRESCENT CITY – July 20th 2019  (Read 2335 times)

POAA

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2014
For Details or to Register Click Here!

This will be Pelican Bay Athletics Organizations 1st annual Crescent City Kayak Fishing Tournament! Crescent City, Ca. home of the redwoods, is also home to some of the best fishing grounds on the West Coast. This tournament is set up for two-person teams, so if you don’t have a team member, sign up and we will pair you with another team member. We promote two person teams for safety and because it’s always more fun to partner up with a teammate.

This tournament is open to SIT ON TOP KAYAKS, SIT INSIDE KAYAKS, CANOES AND STANDUP PADDLEBOARDS (SUP)! All must be human powered.

Entry Fees:

Before 07/01/19 fees are $30/per team member and come with a 20 minute head start on the day of the tournament.
After 07/01/19 fees are $30/per team member and start time is 30 minutes before sunrise.

This is a multi-species tournament. There are 10 eligible species of fish that may be turned in for points (as long as it’s in season and complys with DFW laws). You need to have a minimum of 3 different species and you can turn in up to 6 fish per team. We score all the fish, regardless of which species, by POINTS PER INCH. When the length is between two numbers, we will always round down. As always, Department of Fish and Wildlife rules and regulations apply.

All fish turned in will need to be of legal size or greater, AND you may not submit more than the legal limit for two people of any one species. Catch and release photos will not be accepted at this tournament.

Below is a list of the species of fish that can be turned in for this tournament AND the points per inch for each species:

Lingcod – 5 points per inch
Halibut – 6 points per inch (if in season)
Greenling – 11 points per inch
Black Rockfish – 7 points per inch
Cabezon – 8 points per inch
Canary – 9 points per inch
Vermillion – 9 points per inch
Other Rockfish – 8 points per inch
Salmon – 7 points per inch (if in season)
Thresher Shark – 7 points per inch

Additional regulations for the tournament are:

We will not accept Catch & Release photos. All fish must be caught and brought to the fish measuring station.
Everyone must have a whistle
At least one radio for each team
Everyone must wear a PFD at all times
Everyone must wear proper immersion protection (Drysuit, Wetsuit, Farmer John/Jane, Splash jackets/pants, etc.) No jeans or other cotton clothing allowed.
All fish must be cleaned at the fish cleaning station at the Whalers Island launch, off Anchor Way, in the Groin.

Tournament Questions?

Tournament Director:

Steve Curtis – Phone: (707) 218-7337 – Email: kayakfishingfreak83@gmail.com

Booking questions?

Contact us at:

adventures@pacificoutfitters.com

(844)-926-6566

Out-Of-Towners

Shoreline RV Campground
Address: 900 Sunset Cir
Crescent City, CA 95531
Phone: (707) 464-2473

Crescent City / Redwoods KOA Holiday
Address: 4241 Highway 101 North
Crescent City, CA 95531
Phone: (707) 464-5744

Village Camper Inn
Address: 1543 Parkway Dr
Crescent City, CA 95531
Phone: (707) 464-3544
Discounts for AAA, Good Sam and Military.

Florence Keller County Park and Campground
Address: 3400 Cunningham Ln
Crescent City, CA 95531
Phone: (707) 464-7230

Itinerary:

*Pre-event Captains meeting at Englund Marine on July 19th at 3:30pm. Address: 191 Citizens Dock Road Crescent City, CA 95531 Phone: 707-464-3230

*Tournament will begin at the Groin, off Anchor Way on Whalers Island, one half hour before sunrise.

*You are required to check in with an event coordinator for boat inspection and sign-off before departure.

*Anglers can turn in tournament fish until 2:00pm SHARP. After 2:00pm we will close the tournament and determine who the winners are. By 2:00pm you need to be on land w/ your fish in hand. Don’t milk it until the last second and risk missing the deadline.

*5:30pm, after the tournament, fish fry/pot luck at the Florence Keller Park. Bring your own dish or fish. We will eat, party and award the winners.

*All fish must be cleaned at the fish cleaning station at the Whalers Island launch, off Anchor Way, in the Groin.

Cancellation Policy:

If you can’t make it, no refunds. It’s only $30. All money goes to the Pelican Bay Correctional Officers Association. Thank you for your contribution.

Prizes:

Prize packages for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Teams
“Biggest Ling”
“Biggest Other”

Raffle: There will be a raffle at the pot luck. All proceeds will go to the Pelican Bay Athletic Association.

Sponsors:

Pacific Outfitters
Kustom Kraft
Kokatat
Pepsi
Port O’ Pints
Western Valley Insurance
More to follow
Father to an amazing son
Husband to an amazing wife
General Manager/Partner - Pacific Outfitters
Owner/Founder - Pacific Outfitters Academy & Adventure
President/Co-Founder - PacOut Green Team (Non-Profit)
Team Manager - Team Emerald Triangle Disc Golf
Hobie Team Member- 2011 & 2012
Tournament Director - Trinidad Rockfish Wars

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2018
A legal sized 15" greenling gets you the same amount of points as a 33" ling and a 27.5" halibut? Seems kinda weird to me
A jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other end.

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
A legal sized 15" greenling gets you the same amount of points as a 33" ling and a 27.5" halibut? Seems kinda weird to me

It’s almost like there is strategy involved. Wait til you figure out how many points a thresher shark is worth and how close they congregate to the launch.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

tehpenguins

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2019
Super excited for this, with my track record so far Looks like I'll get 300 pts of cabbies and be done. haha.  Seriously though, this is going to be on my radar.

registered!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:01:06 AM by tehpenguins »
- Shane

2015 Papaya Hobie Revolution 13
2014 Hibiscus Revolution 13
2011 Blue F150 with Camper Shell

DrHabanero

• Sea Lion
  • BigLipRipper
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
Looks fun! Anyone camping up there? Looking to get a spot at the Village Camper Inn. Anyone ever stay there? Looks pretty nice and decent price for hookups. Thinking about camping up here for the week coming up on Monday thru Sunday. Any good charters to take the boys on out of Crescent or is Brookings a better option. Is the Smith a good place to fish this time of year without a yak? What's up with Lake Earl? Well that is enough for now. Look forward to seeing everyone up here.
Jimbo
I'll rest when I'm dead!
2016 Ocean Kayak Predator
2014 Malibu X-Factor ,2014 Malibu Mini-X
2010 Malibu X-Factor ,2006  Ocean Kayak Drifter 
2011 Yakhopper Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7   Winner!
GS4 - 4th place

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
Looks fun! Anyone camping up there? Looking to get a spot at the Village Camper Inn. Anyone ever stay there? Looks pretty nice and decent price for hookups. Thinking about camping up here for the week coming up on Monday thru Sunday. Any good charters to take the boys on out of Crescent or is Brookings a better option. Is the Smith a good place to fish this time of year without a yak? What's up with Lake Earl? Well that is enough for now. Look forward to seeing everyone up here.
Jimbo

Are you going to ORC again also? 

The rogue bay should be in full swing, about an hour north at gold beach. Brookings runs ocean and rogue charters. You could probably get a combo charter for salmon and halibut.  There are no combo trip restrictions in brookings like there is in the rest of Oregon on all depth days.

I’ve never taken a charter out here of crescent city. I might need to fix that at some point.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

DrHabanero

• Sea Lion
  • BigLipRipper
  • View Profile
Jimbo

Are you going to ORC again also? 

The rogue bay should be in full swing, about an hour north at gold beach. Brookings runs ocean and rogue charters. You could probably get a combo charter for salmon and halibut.  There are no combo trip restrictions in brookings like there is in the rest of Oregon on all depth days.

I’ve never taken a charter out here of crescent city. I might need to fix that at some point.

Thanks I was thinking about ORC but might as well do this instead. Not sure if i want to travel all the up there and but maybe if I take a couple more days off I could.
I'll rest when I'm dead!
GS4 - 4th place

tehpenguins

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2019
Jimbo

I'm going to be camping down a bit in Del Norte Coast Redwood State Park during.  I've heard good things about Hardcore Fishing in Crescent City, I wasn't able to get on a boat with him as my trip up there last week didn't pan out, but I emailed him about if he was going out last Monday and he said if I got one other person to go we would head out, I think he's got a 25' boat.  Seems like a decent guy, and I heard he was the best in Crescent City.
- Shane

2015 Papaya Hobie Revolution 13
2014 Hibiscus Revolution 13
2011 Blue F150 with Camper Shell

DrHabanero

• Sea Lion
  • BigLipRipper
  • View Profile
How many have signed up for this ? I am still thinking about going to this but will make the call by the end of the week. How many teams are signed up
I'll rest when I'm dead!
GS4 - 4th place

Saw

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Can we get a roster posted?