Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:57:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[Today at 08:02:19 AM]

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Where's the RF reports along the peninsula?  (Read 1191 times)

simplycook

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2014
I haven't been seeing much report in terms of rockfish and lings from the Peninsula.  Is everyone just too busy catching salmon?  I'm not able to get out early enough to chase salmon (kids & daycare), so rockfish would be my tease to get out there.

Are they even biting?  Bean Hollow, Pigeon Point, HMB...??
Or is no one going after them right now...?

Kevin

eelkram

• Sea Lion
  • it's my name, backwards
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Salmon fever.  :smt003
'15 Viking ProFish Reload, wasp
'11 Hobie Revo 13, skunk yellow
'12 Hobie Outfitter, dune (I'm the guy pedaling in the back)

Ebayfisher

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2018
I fished HMB on 7/5 with salmon as my target.  After myself and the 8 or so other kayakers didn't score a salmon after 2 hours I decided to drag my sinker on the bottom and caught 3 RF, a keeper Ling, and some other undetermined fish.  I used a Krippled Anchoy trailing behind a 4 Oz banana weight.  My first time catching all those fish so maybe its beginners luck.

• Fishing is the perpetual series occasion of hope.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Kevin, Rockfish are there all the time. Salmon with this kind of season are hard to come by. Take advantage and hunt for Salmon.
Live today for tomorrow's sake.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

TheKeeneroo

• Salmon
  • Eric
  • View Profile FIN + FORAGE
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
As a spearo, I concur, the RF are definitely there! Wish I could shoot a salmon!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo
Facebook - @Ekeener1
Level 1 Free Dive Cert, EANx
FIN + FORAGE - Founder                  www.finandforage.com

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
I fished HMB on 7/5 with salmon as my target.  After myself and the 8 or so other kayakers didn't score a salmon after 2 hours I decided to drag my sinker on the bottom and caught 3 RF, a keeper Ling, and some other undetermined fish.  I used a Krippled Anchoy trailing behind a 4 Oz banana weight.  My first time catching all those fish so maybe its beginners luck.

Not stated if you kept the undetermined fish but there are restrictions on several species.

Alex
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

simplycook

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2014
Kevin, Rockfish are there all the time. Salmon with this kind of season are hard to come by. Take advantage and hunt for Salmon.

Trust me, I really would like to go for salmon but my schedule doesnt really allow for it.  From what I hear, salmon is usually early morning or late afternoon and my fishing window is only 9am-3pm weekdays.  By the time I drive across the Bay bridge to HMB, it would be close to 11am before I get out on the water.  Stinson/Bolinas is a possibility with some of the reports coming in.  Or I'll just wait until they start running thru the Bay and get them around Benicia.

I also have a ton of herring still and was looking to use them up.  Maybe I'll get the wife and kid out for a weekend vacation up the Coast.

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008

Trust me, I really would like to go for salmon but my schedule doesnt really allow for it.  From what I hear, salmon is usually early morning or late afternoon and my fishing window is only 9am-3pm weekdays.  By the time I drive across the Bay bridge to HMB, it would be close to 11am before I get out on the water.  Stinson/Bolinas is a possibility with some of the reports coming in.  Or I'll just wait until they start running thru the Bay and get them around Benicia.

I also have a ton of herring still and was looking to use them up.  Maybe I'll get the wife and kid out for a weekend vacation up the Coast.
Nah, the salmon bite all day.  Just that people are limiting early.

JamesM

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2016
There is a school of black rockfish around the red can area at HMB when I was there 1 week ago.
2020 Hobie Outback (sold)
2018 Hobie Oasis (sold)
2017 Hobie Outback
2016 Hobie AI
2016 Hobie Outfitter (sold)
2014 Hobie AI (sold)

• Fishing is the perpetual series occasion of hope.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009

Nah, the salmon bite all day.  Just that people are limiting early.
I agree with Ben sometimes the ones that stayed later usually hunt for much bigger fish.
Live today for tomorrow's sake.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Born in Arizona
Moved to Babylonia
Got a condo made of stone-a

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
The salmon bite is more centered around slack tides than time of day. If a slack tide happens to happen early in the morning it can potentially be even better, but definitely don’t let your schedule keep you from trying!

Even the tides don’t matter too much in years like this. Just give it a shot! The very worst that can happen is you put in some miles, take in some scenery, and get a good paddling/pedaling workout.

anything