Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:17:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[Today at 08:02:19 AM]

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: MBK 2011 Results and PIX....Please post your pix here  (Read 7142 times)

Hobie-Dave

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
Also my first MBK Tourney, won't be saying that next year. Tried for Salmon or WSB/w no love, got snookered by Jellys. Sure glad Daviator had the smarts to bail that persuit and focus on rockfish. Thank you Dave for the breakfast sandwitch and fruit, sent good karma your way.
dave...

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • I'm Glen, from the mailroom!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Props to Allen for all his work putting on this event; congrats to all the winners, Eugene, Bro Mooch and Bro Daviator! Nice job getting on the fish!

This to was my first time attending an MBK event and was somewhat challenging fishing a new location. Had a hard time finding structure which possibly could hold some fish; and what structure I did manage to find, only held tiny-boopers. Then tried to "radio fish", chasing down the lastest reports that came across the VHF; boy was that hard to do in a kayak (much easier with a PB). In the end, didn't bring anything to the scale, but had a great time on the water paddling with friends; finally got to hook up with Victor (VWool) & Tony (Novofish) after meeting him WAY back at my first NCKA event in April, plus hanging with the local HAC bros.

Can't wait until the next NCKA event; hope I earn enough WAF points to make it to Caples!

Glen
The one who dies with the most toys, WINS!

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Congratulations guys.  A special congrats to fellow "Screw" Daviator.

Martin

+1  :wav:
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

alien

• Sea Lion
  • WSB/MBK 10/01/09 56"--/46 pounds
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
I had a great time fishing old MBk. It's been a while since i been out due to no ride to haul the gear. But i couldn't miss the MBK tourney that SCAllen organize so successfully for the past few years and its home grounds for me, so i had to make it out no matter what it took to represent. Anyways, I got the rack off my broken down Volkswagen and with a little modification i was able to fit it on my Uplander Chevy van.  I got to the launch ruffly at 05:30hrs on the day of the derby and got the alien yak set up and ready to launch. I wanted to have some time to mingle around and say hello to as many of the NCKA brothers and sisters that i haven't seen or spoke with in a long time. And meet some of the new faces in the crowd. To shorten the story and get on with it ...My plan of attack was to fish for halibut near the coast guard jetty and work my way up the kelp line off of Cannery Row then around the Bell Buoy for rock cod  and may be a chance for white seabass or king salmon. No luck on those choice fishes but was kept busy with some nice coppers, underlings and other species of rock fish. I ended up bagging 6 nice rockfish for Mommy :smt001
Thanks Allen for doing it again for us people to get along for what we all like to do. And thanks to Scott for sitting out of this one to give us a better chance at the grand price and hooking us up with the Man dogs.....
and Congratulation to E2g, Mooch and Daviator. Now i will try to post some pics.
Had a great time and nice to see and talk to every one.

Alex  :alien:

RacinRob

• AOTY Committee
  • Wilderness Systems Pro Staff
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Here are a couple pics of the awesome day Novofish had. 20# Seastar and the second "biggest" halibut I have ever seen.
http://WildernessSystems.com      http://ATPaddles.com
http://ShastaTackle.com               http://MacksLure.com

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff           Heroes on the Water Coordinator
Mack's Lure Pro Staff

2018 AOTY 2nd Place
2017 ARW Halibut 3rd Place
2017 Berryessa Salmon Slam MBF winner
2014 GS8 1st Place AOTD
2014 Trinidad Rockfish Wars 1st Place--- Teamed w/ATD
2014 AOTY 3rd Place-Again
2013 AOTY 3rd Place
2012 Berryessa Salmon Slam  1st Place
2012 Sonoma Slam 1st Place---Teamed w/ATD
2012 TRW 2 1st Place----Teamed w/ATD
2012 PIF Big Salmon Winner
2012 Fresh Kats Series Champion
2012-13-14 Team NCKA Kayak Wars 1st Place Team Overall

novofish

• Wear your PFD - every time OTW
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
Here are a couple pics of the awesome day Novofish had. 20# Seastar and the second "biggest" halibut I have ever seen.

No pics of the pelican? :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
AOTY 2011 - 9th
AOTY 2012 - 16th
AOTY 2013 - 6th
FAOTY 2014 - 4th
AOTY 2015 - 5th
AOTY 2016 - 56th
AOTY 2017 - 37th

RacinRob

• AOTY Committee
  • Wilderness Systems Pro Staff
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I did not get you with the pelican hooked up.
http://WildernessSystems.com      http://ATPaddles.com
http://ShastaTackle.com               http://MacksLure.com

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff           Heroes on the Water Coordinator
Mack's Lure Pro Staff

2018 AOTY 2nd Place
2017 ARW Halibut 3rd Place
2017 Berryessa Salmon Slam MBF winner
2014 GS8 1st Place AOTD
2014 Trinidad Rockfish Wars 1st Place--- Teamed w/ATD
2014 AOTY 3rd Place-Again
2013 AOTY 3rd Place
2012 Berryessa Salmon Slam  1st Place
2012 Sonoma Slam 1st Place---Teamed w/ATD
2012 TRW 2 1st Place----Teamed w/ATD
2012 PIF Big Salmon Winner
2012 Fresh Kats Series Champion
2012-13-14 Team NCKA Kayak Wars 1st Place Team Overall

daviator

• Sea Lion
  • tsui li baca = crazy about fishing
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Sorry for the late posting…
First off thanks Scallen and MBK for hosting this event…Also, big thanks to Scott and others who came down and made this event so enjoyable..
Finally got OTW with my bro Flyaker….in fact the last time we may have actually been otw together was under Aaron’s MBK water rescue so attending this year’s event was very meaningful to both of us.

We launched together but we each had electronic issues with our respective FF.. I ultimately solved mine and decided to target salmon via the troll.. so we parted ways and I eventually met up with fellow LooseScrews teammate HobieDave…. I reconned he was a hot ticket  since he has become a Ling slayer as of late…

After trolling near the red can for a bit with the RSK  I decided to fish the kelp in front of the canary…
Almost  immediately on my first drop there I felt the Ling seize my Gulp swimbait and hunker down…. He eventually worked into some rocks and  I started doubting whether initial hit and wondered if I actually  was just snagged.. I had confidence with my line since I  topshot 20# fluorocarbon so I positioned myself  up drift and started to horse my line free… Soon the struggling resumed and when I saw that I in fact had a decent Ling , I started salivating whether or not I was in the “money” with this fish….

Worked the kelp a little more but failed to get any more significant hits…almost stayed too long as I still had a decent peddle back to the beach…even had to run back over the beach for some added drama but made it to the weigh in with a couple minutes to spare..

Thrilled to have placed in any event as I often feel I am still trying to figure this stuff out…but I full well know that most of it was pure luck dropping down to an awaiting gaping mouth..

As stated by other wisemen before….the prizes are secondary to the fellowship and comraderie of our group… Even some guys who didn’t fish that day made it down for cameo appearances like Yakuza martin and Dpshim Daniel…and always fun seeing the gang like G-whiz, Lapulapu, Bink, JedmoNation, Hobiedave, Mooch,scott and others…

Thanks again everyone,

daviator
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:31:55 PM by daviator »

anything