Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:25:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Hali-Stripers at Point San Pablo Yacht Harbor August 4th  (Read 7108 times)

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • Da Bruddah with my son Gabe, Whitefish, Montana
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2013

Hi Jon,
I didn't know that you take your dog kayak fishing!!!I saw your modified yak and it didn't look like a AI with only one outrigger. Is it a modified REVO 13? I am glad you made a last minute decision to come to what has become my favorite place to hang out with Capt. Frank, Jack and the great residents who live at the Harbor.
Was great to talk with you and look forward to have you on board to plan a full on Hali-Striper Tournament next year.
By the way, I caught more fish in the Bay in the Fall all the way to November last year.
Best,
MIchael

Pic of Bolinas rockfish going with Capt.Frank last  Fall
Enjoy this slide show that were taken today:
Link to Point San Pablo Yacht Harbor-7/15/17 NCKA Fishing Tournament:

Link to 7-15-17 Striper?Hali Tournament Slideshow:

http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHappy/4e4455314d6a51344e7a5a384d5441304f4445324e7a63780d0a

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

crazyfisher

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
Hey Michael. Its a Outback that I modified to fit an ama and a tramp. A lot of work but worth it :) See you out on the water sometime soon. :-)

Crum

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014
I too want to thank Michael, Jack, and Frank for showing my son Colton and I a great time this weekend.  We too caught a bunch of undersized stripers at the Brothers  and scratched out three nice keepers.  We also got a few small halibut in the flats and was glad to see a couple keepers caught.  And one monsters, congrats.  It was great to meet all the aforementioned  and look forward to fishing with you all again.
Josh Crummey
Crum

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Hi Josh,
It was great to meet you and Colton. What a great team the both of you on the water; father and son. Colton has the mojo; I guess you'll always some kind of fish to eat all year long. We are going to do this again; next year will be a full on tournament with prizes. Colton would have won first place for biggest Striper caught. Last year the first place winner went home with $500. Crazyfisher, Jon is interested in joining forces to make this an even better event!!!
How can you go wrong with such a beautiful setting like Pt. San Pablo Yacht Harbor!!!
Thanks for sharing the pic of Colton and his Stripers!!!!
Best,
Michael

http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHappy/4e4455314d6a51344e7a5a384d5441304f4445324e7a63780d0a

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

fishguts

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009

It's not often you get the opportunity to explore such a beautiful venue, awesome people, amazing spread of food, and kindred spirits on and off the water.  My family had a blast exploring and experiencing the entire area and meeting so many friendly people (and dogs).  Fishing was action packed with shakers galore out at the Brothers in good weather and calm water.  Glad to have made it out with 1 keeper.  Big thanks to Kevin, Jack, and Michael for helping make this event happen.  Wifey Florence, Aiden, Dylan, and little Elliott can't wait to camp again next year.  Cheers all.

Jason (fishguts)

simplycook

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2014
Thank you all NKCA members, family, and friends that showed up.  Though a smaller event compared to the bigger sponsored ones, still fun to see everyone fish, drink, eat, and laugh together.  This is my 2nd time attending this event and the 1st time helping coordinate it all.

So many new and familiar faces met.  Sorry for not taking any pictures, I was pretty busy getting things together and keeping the flow moving along.  I had loaned out both of my kayaks to other attendees without kayaks, but I eventually got to fish off Jacks' boat.  Quick limit of stripers, then back to the clubhouse to get lunch prepped/order pizzas, and get everyone fed.

After lunch, Sean (fishbound) and I went out again looking for more fish.  I shot out to Brothers only to find wind and ferry wakes, then the whaling station for more shakers.  As I headed back around the point, I hear over radio a big hali was caught.  Sean had headed back in front of the harbor, bouncing his bucktail, and hooked into that monster hali.  Congrats to him, new to live bait fishing, but stuck to what he knows.  Back to the clubhouse, my wife and son were waiting, and everyone was eagerly anticipating the pig to come out while downing a few brews. 

Big thanks to Jack and Capt Frank for hosting a great venue and providing bait/knowledge.  Big ups to Michael for taking point on getting this event up a going.  And thank you everyone for coming, especially those coming far (Rodney/rk2fish), being enthusiastic (Ron/weimarian), fishing your guts out (Eddie), bringing your little ones (Jason/fishguts), your 4-legged friends (Jon/crazyfisher), and being an awesome group of fishermen (the Crums, Josh/Colton, Matt/Baron, Mike/ebayfisher, and Jason/yatzmail.

Looking forward to seeing you all again next year.  Please free feel to post or PM me some feedback, so we can learn what we did well and what we can do to improve things for next year.

- Kevin

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Hi Jason,
It was really great that you brought your whole family, got to talk to your wife and watch your sons as  they were playing on the beach after I came in. You have a really great family and your wife really is a great mother to your boys. It was so touching and special to meet your family after you set up that incredible tent. I remember going on camping trips to the ocean with my family growing up on the Big Island and how magical and special it was to camp out under the stars and go fishing with our bamboo poles first thing in the morning. I grew up with 3 brothers and 2 sisters. all the boys were 2 years apart and my sisters were the youngest.
We hope that this event will become more and more a family event, where NCKA members can bring their families. My brothers and sisters were very lucky to grow up in rural Hawaii. I keep coming back to the Harbor because it feels like and reminds me of where I grew up.
Mahalo,
Michael
da Bruddah

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

Ebayfisher

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2018
Michael,Kevin, Jack, and Frank

Thanks for a great tourney and it was nice to see/meet you all. (Unfortunately I didn't meet Frank.)  Thank you for the time and effort putting this shin dig together.  It was nice to fish a brand new venue within the bay - I caught two Hali shakers and that was it for me :)

Mike

Fishboundsa

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2018
To all those who attended and made the event possible... thank you! It was my first event and truly memorable! Great people, beautiful location, fantastic food and the fishing was pretty darn good too. Can’t wait to meet up again!
Sean
Blue 10’ Native Propel kayak

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Hi Sean,
Thanks for coming. I'm glad that you came and had a great time. Not bad to haul in that big Halibut, fishing the Bay for the first time. We really lucked out on some great kayak fishing conditions!! We chose august 4th because of the 4"tides and the rest was nature's blessing!!!
Hope to see you next year!!!
Best,
Michael, jack and Kevin

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

JacksDiving

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013
Awesome stuff guys and gals!  Can't wait till next year!

SpininB

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2018
Some pictures and video from the day from the drone!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FwWvbvMD623AbGKr7

Spring45

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Nice report. Looks like a good time!

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Hi Bonny,
I am glad that you were finally able to post your drone pics of the Hali-Stripers Event. I can recognize some of the fishermen/fisherwomen; especially Rodney and Kelley Jue who came all the way from Fresno and had we had a blast fishing the Stripers earlier in the am at the Brothers; they were just hitting that live bait one after another. I have never experienced so many Stripers in one spot ever!!!
Jon (CrazyFisher) do you always take your dog with you on your kayak, He/she looks totally into it!!! There's also a nice pic of Jason and his son on the tandem next to Eddie??
Anyway, check out Bonny's pics and video. Wish we could have taken some videos out at the Brothers; but we were too busy catching Stripers.
We will do this again and most likely do the full on tournament with prizes.
thanks for showing and sharing this special place and Bonny thanks for your drone pics!!
Mahalo,
Michael
sa
da Bruddah

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

anything