Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:18:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:36:10 AM]

[Today at 09:23:34 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:37:51 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Open Carry of a Firearm  (Read 982 times)

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
February 14, 2019

Question: Is it legal for me to carry a holstered pistol for protection while hiking in our local wilderness areas? This could help to protect my family from any threat of dangerous wildlife – either to scare it away or to defend ourselves, if needed. (Alex P.)

Answer: Neither the Fish and Game Code nor Title 14 of the California Code of Regulations regulate non-hunting related firearm possession. We recommend that you consult the Department of Justice’s Firearms Laws Summary to help determine when and where you may possess loaded firearms of any sort. You must also be aware whether any local rules or ordinances prohibit firearm possession whether it be in a park, unincorporated portion of a county, or some other seemingly wild place. Cities, counties, park districts and other governmental entities may have the authority to prohibit possession of firearms in those places within their jurisdiction. While we understand your safety concerns, understand that attacks from wild animals are extremely uncommon and will hopefully not be the reason you would avoid recreating in nature.

dan916

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018
Also make sure if you do carry in Californias mountains that you have non-lead ammo in your gun or you can get a ticket. The non-lead ammo law is now state wide except for gun ranges.
Integrity first, Service before self and excellence in all we do.

All gave some, some gave all. You will never be forgotten!

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I would challenge that one in court. Non lead ammo is required for hunting. Period. Personal defense is not in the scope of that particular law. It is coming, but not yet.
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

dan916

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018
.... Spend $24 on a box of ammo to use every once in a while or spend $50k+ and months in court fighting it. U make the decision but I rather not deal with the headache and going bankrupt.
Integrity first, Service before self and excellence in all we do.

All gave some, some gave all. You will never be forgotten!

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
.... Spend $24 on a box of ammo to use every once in a while or spend $50k+ and months in court fighting it. U make the decision but I rather not deal with the headache and going bankrupt.

Huh?
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

Lir

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Non lead is only required for hunting. Not for plinking. Not for target shooting. Not for personal defense. Please show me in the law where I must use non toxic shooting ammunition other than for hunting.
I would recover my legal fees btw, I would not sign a cost waiver in settlement. I would make the financial burden one of the points of contention should litigation ensue.
I know the law & I know my rights.
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

anything