Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:07:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Coosa FD  (Read 15913 times)

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
I don't bass fish for the most part

Ex-BassmanBen    :smt003

..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Maneuverability is not a gimmick.  White water boats are very maneuverable...for functionality.  Same with any river boat.  My classic Coosa is super maneuverable...its a river boat and it needs to be.  Does all that rocker make it slow?  Of course it does.  Does it matter in a fast river?  Not at all. Does all that rocker make it turn on a dime so I can dodge a strainer?  YES IT DOES!

If I want to go fast and straight I have a boat for that application as well.

AngleDangle

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2017
I just wanted to post for anyone who cares. I just got off the phone with Jackson and they have already addressed the reverse issue and are currently making the prop drive more quiet and the kayak should be shipping at the end of next week. I was concerned by all the posts on here as well as the comments on my introduction about buying a kayak without having tested it. I am still a little nervous but I am definitely far less nervous having spoke to them about the boat. When I finally get the boat I will post some first impressions but seeing as I have absolutely zero experience with kayaks there is nothing for me to compare to. 

AngleDangle

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Just another friendly update. I still don't have a coosa fd!  :smt013  Spoke to Jackson directly and they said they were waiting on  the drives to return and were hoping to start shipping at the end of the month. I am losing faith quickly and a Hobie is sounding more and more like a viable option with each delay.

greg_d

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2014
Excellent News, Coosa FD starts shipping on Monday. Sincere apologies for the wait, but I promise it will be worth it.

thanks,
Greg Didriksen
Jackson Kayak, Western territory Sales Manager

AngleDangle

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
That is great news. It sounds like I don't have to wait much longer. Thanks for the update.

AngleDangle

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Excellent News, Coosa FD starts shipping on Monday. Sincere apologies for the wait, but I promise it will be worth it.

thanks,
Greg Didriksen

Two problems. One, I still have no kayak. According to Jackson this is  because the drive system was shipping Monday until Trump made his UN speech at which time China put a hold on all shipments. I get that. My second problem is the fact that I was blatantly lied to by The seller of the kayak in that I was told the boat was entirely made in the USA while the competitors were made in china and thus inferior. Though not exactly false in there sales pitch, the boat is made in the USA but the integral  drive system that is most likely to fail is in fact made in china. It just seems a bit shady to bash everyone else for utilizing china  and then push a kayak that in fact has its hand in china. I figured I would bring this to your attention being the Western Sales Manager.

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008

thanks,
Greg Didriksen

Two problems. One, I still have no kayak. According to Jackson this is  because the drive system was shipping Monday until Trump made his UN speech at which time China put a hold on all shipments. I get that. My second problem is the fact that I was blatantly lied to by The seller of the kayak in that I was told the boat was entirely made in the USA while the competitors were made in china and thus inferior. Though not exactly false in there sales pitch, the boat is made in the USA but the integral  drive system that is most likely to fail is in fact made in china. It just seems a bit shady to bash everyone else for utilizing china  and then push a kayak that in fact has its hand in china. I figured I would bring this to your attention being the Western Sales Manager.
That's unfortunate.  From my understanding, all of the major kayak companies have drives that, at a minimum, have a significant number of components sourced from overseas.  That's just the way of the world these days. 

AngleDangle

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
I was curious if Hobie who claims to be  made in the USA is outsourcing the Mirage Drive. Components are one thing as I am sure that  a piece here or there is not ideal but I can live with. It was my Understanding that the entire upper unit that detaches with the pedals is made in China. Seems like no mater how hard you try to by USA there seems to always be a caveat.

racer414

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
Well good news is they finally started shipping monday
Headwaters Kayak Fishing Team

AngleDangle

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile

Oh the lies! Seriously though, I got my Kayak on December 23rd and it came in a week or so before that. Only reason I got it was I ditched the forest color for article upon an unnamed employees tip that it would ship immediately. Still took a few more weeks after that but whatever. Fish finder was installed tonight and it will be loaded up for its maiden voyage on Thursday. Its a nice boat.  See how it does on the lake in a few days. Would have gone out sooner but the holidays, fly fishing on new years day and the rain have all seemed to get in the way. Throw in waiting on a pfd that took forever to get here and I have had a very expensive garage toy. More to come Thursday.

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016

Oh the lies! Seriously though, I got my Kayak on December 23rd and it came in a week or so before that. Only reason I got it was I ditched the forest color for article upon an unnamed employees tip that it would ship immediately. Still took a few more weeks after that but whatever. Fish finder was installed tonight and it will be loaded up for its maiden voyage on Thursday. Its a nice boat.  See how it does on the lake in a few days. Would have gone out sooner but the holidays, fly fishing on new years day and the rain have all seemed to get in the way. Throw in waiting on a pfd that took forever to get here and I have had a very expensive garage toy. More to come Thursday.
Very curious, my buddy picked up 2 and scooted from Sausalito to Tiburon and back.
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

AngleDangle

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Been dying to get it out but all I can say is "Life." My boy gets here at 6am    Thursday and I should bre on the water by dawn. Figure I have the never kayaked learning curve mixed with the not having been on a bike since 2013 so I figure this should be funny at least. Figure I will bring spare clothes just in case I flip it. Probably won't push it till the sun gets up but I definitely want to cover some ground and test the prop and stability for fly fishing. Figure I will stow a 6wt just in case I see an opportunity but I will mainly be looking for easy options on the garmin.

Any word on how the boat did in saltwater? I figure I should crawl before I sprint but I have dreams of rock fish and salmon.

Azkikr

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2017
Congrats! Spring45 will be jealous!

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Been dying to get it out but all I can say is "Life." My boy gets here at 6am    Thursday and I should bre on the water by dawn. Figure I have the never kayaked learning curve mixed with the not having been on a bike since 2013 so I figure this should be funny at least. Figure I will bring spare clothes just in case I flip it. Probably won't push it till the sun gets up but I definitely want to cover some ground and test the prop and stability for fly fishing. Figure I will stow a 6wt just in case I see an opportunity but I will mainly be looking for easy options on the garmin.

Any word on how the boat did in saltwater? I figure I should crawl before I sprint but I have dreams of rock fish and salmon.
The Bay is salt but haven't drawn him to the ocean yet.  He has newb status but i'm sure he's game.  I again am curious to see how the design works on a ling or salmon day.  I figure it moved well but he doesn't know any different.  You're right just launching in your kayak is a bit of a learning curve.  Hope all goes well and you stay dry.
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

anything