Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:57:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:41:04 PM]

by ark
[Today at 07:35:15 PM]

[Today at 07:10:20 PM]

[Today at 05:30:34 PM]

[Today at 04:22:01 PM]

[Today at 12:12:45 PM]

[Today at 11:04:28 AM]

[Today at 10:20:34 AM]

[May 05, 2024, 11:01:16 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 06:41:33 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 04:42:12 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 01:30:36 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 11:50:56 AM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:03:44 AM]

[May 05, 2024, 09:10:35 AM]

[May 05, 2024, 06:34:21 AM]

[May 04, 2024, 10:50:54 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 08:32:14 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 06:25:48 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Fantasy kayaks  (Read 7881 times)

Plan B

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2013
Those boats look like something Wonder Woman would paddle.  :smt001
Revo 13
Jackson cuda 14.

Meat Hunter

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
I always wanted a clear yak. I absolutely love sight fishing, especially in the salt. Plus the yak would break the chop resulting in a clear view below. Nothing like seeing tons of RF on the rig and they aren't biting!
327# L - 93# RF

SeaWeed

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
Terry, not so sure about the see-through bottom. Do you really want the Landlord to be able to verify that there is something edible on top?  :smt005  :smt044

I was thinking exactly the same thing. The landlord will know where the payoff bite will be. Not for me guys. I'm sure there would be better mods than a clear hull.
SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
      About 6 months of use and they won't be clear any longer.  Scratches etc...  First you'll try windex,  then resort to trying to buff out each scratch.      No,  What you need is multiple underwater cameras feeding a monitor so you can observe the live action below.   
Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
It w/b cool if they could start manufacturing SOT yaks with built-in bilge pumps (I've seen some SIK yaks with manual bilges built in to the yak).
https://www.gurneygears.com/sites/gurneygears.com/files/rapid-flow-bilge-pump-front-installation.jpg
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

krusty

• No stinkin'
  • Sea Lion
  • Is This Edible?
  • View Profile
It w/b cool if they could start manufacturing SOT yaks with built-in bilge pumps (I've seen some SIK yaks with manual bilges built in to the yak).
https://www.gurneygears.com/sites/gurneygears.com/files/rapid-flow-bilge-pump-front-installation.jpg

How often do you have to pump out your kayak after a day of fishing?

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl

I usually have about half-gallon of water in my Revo after a day OTW (in saltwater); none in my Ultra. But I have personally helped 3 people whose kayaks were full of water--each time I was the only one with a bilge pump handy. I'm going to try to create a manual bilge that is semi-permanently installed in one of my yaks. 
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

krusty

• No stinkin'
  • Sea Lion
  • Is This Edible?
  • View Profile

I usually have about half-gallon of water in my Revo after a day OTW (in saltwater); none in my Ultra. But I have personally helped 3 people whose kayaks were full of water--each time I was the only one with a bilge pump handy. I'm going to try to create a manual bilge that is semi-permanently installed in one of my yaks.

The only time I have water in my kayak is when I have waves breaking over it. I think you might have a leak in your Revo. I too always carry a manual bilge pump in my kayak.

Fishcomb

• Sea Lion
  • Banted by Moderators
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2012

i have the same issue in my revo too. It's the stupid gasket for those crappy twist and lock hatches  :smt013 :smt013

my trident is nice and dry even when i get hit with waves

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  It's easy enough to install an emergency bilge pump.   There's a company that makes a self contained pump, with a float switch.   
   here's one...    http://zodi.com/accessories/bilge-pump

Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
Yup, I'm pretty sure it's the twist & seal center hatches. But that's beside the point. Any kayak can sink, prepare for the worst, etc. My idea would be simple; no electricity necessary. Just some plastic tubing, a diaphragm or bulb pump, and a one way valve. Hopefully it would allow me to paddle my kayak towards shore while pumping out water at the same time, instead of stopping to open a hatch and pump the water out...while being subjected to potentially-nasty ocean/river/lake conditions.
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

krusty

• No stinkin'
  • Sea Lion
  • Is This Edible?
  • View Profile
You can install a foot operated bilge pump. Not sure where you can mount that on a Revo.

http://gnarlydognews.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-have-previously-detailed-installation.html

stillgoin

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
Since we're talking fantasy here:  Hobie Revo 15' 4" (my shed is a bit short to fit a 16 footer) made of carbon/fiberglass/kevlar High D foam composite, to come in at about < 55 lbs. Oh and a price to match molded plastic since its fantasy. I guess I could buy a Stealth and customize for mirage drive, but that's a whole lot of work.

jbaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Dream yak? 18' long, >26" wide, center hatch, no bells or whistles, > $1000 new.
inother words does anyone have a cobra expidition laying around?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:40:11 AM by jbaker »

anything