General > Heroes On the Water (HOW)

HOW NorCal looking for new Head Chef

(1/4) > >>

bmb:
Hi all,

We are looking to add an executive member to our team to be our Head Chef.  Our current Chef, Jack, is going to take a step back for a while. Well deserved I might add, as he's been very active in the chapter for a long time and has spent a ton of time helping us out.  We really appreciate everything Jack has done for us over the years.

What we're looking for is someone to become the "Lead Chef" at our events.  Now, this does not necessarily mean you have to show up to every single event, but we are looking for someone to be responsible for the food at our events.  Duties include:

1. If the person CAN attend events, be kitchen lead for Breakfast and/or Lunch. 
2. Able to plan out meals prior to event - something simple but delicious.
3. Delegate responsibilities to other team members who will be attending the event - such as grocery shopping, or pre-work.
4. At events, be lead for other volunteers who are cooking - give them direction, don't burn yourself out trying to do too much alone.
5. Help clean up and organize cooking supplies after end of event

We want someone who is willing to take on the responsibility of doing most of the pre-planning work, and give directions to others.  It is not easy as our volunteer crew will change from event to event, but we will do the best we can to get names of the volunteers in advance.  Rob and I currently do a lot of prep work for lunch and can try to continue to do so, but do have busy lives so we are looking to alleviate the burden somewhat.

Benefits:
1. Access to Jack's secret breakfast taco recipe
2. Adoration of hundreds of vets a year

If you have access to some good camp style cooking gear, it would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks,
Ben

Ski Pro 3 -- Jerry:
Job well done, Jack.  Job well done.  As a vet, I salute YOU! 

RacinRob:
I want to add that Jack has been volunteering for 10 years now. That is a lot of time to dedicate to the cause. It has always been greatly appreciated and has always taken big burden off of myself and others that have other busy parts of the program to run. Thanks again for all the years of service.

splashdown:
Hey Ben,

I'd do it but I already have that job with my buddy Dan down here in Dallas! Hope you find a guy, but with all the great chefs NCKA has I'm sure you can get a good replacement

Shicken:
Thank you Jack!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version