Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:48:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:47:21 PM]

[Today at 11:34:08 PM]

[Today at 09:44:18 PM]

[Today at 09:12:36 PM]

[Today at 07:11:09 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Otobepelagic is the winner-NCKA's original virtual Holiday Tournament 2014 (III)  (Read 10735 times)

raydon

• Sea Lion
  • Fishy in the sea, won't you bite my hook for me?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
This was the best Holiday Tournament ever.  We had more participants making lures, and more fish entered than ever before.  December was not kind to us who wanted to get to the salt, but those that did mange to get in were rewarded.   As exhibited in the pages of this thread, NCKA is a brotherhood of like minded people who care for each other.   We had a lot of fun creating original lures and sharing stories with our members.   I thank those that made lures, caught fish with those lures, and commented on the tournament.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.  The winner is Al--otobepelagic  with a 29 inch ling  caught on a garland and snowflake laced swim bait.  Let's all give Al a round of digital applause and whistles.  Congratulations.

It is with profound exuberance that I announce the beginning of the virtual Holiday Tournament.   My email and phone have been overloaded by those wishing to be part of this event this year.

Here is why they want to be included:

Good things happen to the previous winners:

2012 --Alshobieoutback: Since winning the tournament  he has stopped smoking and his lovely wife Sara wants to kiss him all the time now  :smt007 and he got a terrific job at Pandora.  :smt048

2013--Fishunter;  Has enjoyed a year of good luck and good times and most importantly, since winning the tournament, he has not been bitten by a great white shark. :smt043 :smt04

The start day is 12/03/2014.

Rules:////
     1.  Use any item associated with this holiday as a lure. You must catch your fish while fishing in your kayak.  Please use good taste as we
          don't want to offend anyone while we enjoy ourselves.
     2.  Post a picture of the lure before using it.  (remember, it must be of a holiday theme)  No stock       lures can be used unless they are modified in some capacity.
     3.  Take a picture of the fish you catch using the holiday lure while it is still attached to
           fish.    The fish should then be released.  You will be
           contacted by the rule Nazi to verify your catch.
     4.   Post a picture of the fish on a measuring devise showing the length of the fish.
     5.   The longest fish wins.
     6.  Contest closes 12/31/2014  Pictures must be posted by 1/10/2015.

Happy holidays and good fishing during this festive time of the year.  Let's promote love and goodwill in our brotherhood.

The winner will receive salmon gear.  Not just any salmon gear. Nay. Nay. Nay :smt011 
This salmon gear has been blessed by three of our recent AOTY winners.  It is sure to attract, hook and retain that salmon beast you have been dreaming.

Also, the  winner will receive a hand made oak spoon made by your humble host.    Mike, wingshooter has donated two  7.75 Halloween  lures.  Thanks mike.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 07:12:49 AM by raydon »

57FISHY

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013
Challenge,...............wait for it....................,accepted! :smt044
Exciting. Making my Xmas lure now! :smt007

A.Julian

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
Hobie Revolution 13 (mojo)
Andrew.J
Instagram A.julian_
Depth Squad http://www.depthsquad.com

2017 GS11 2nd place
2018 MBF 1st place

raydon

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Blessing From ADT

Short Version:

Bless the salmon gear given away at the 2014 Holiday tournament.

If you want a longer version:

And ATD spake: "Bless this salmon gear, O Saint Nicholas of Myra that with it we mayst slay thine argent salmonids again and again, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lox and roe and cedar planks and collars and smoked bellies .... Now did the Lord say, "First thou riggest the weight release. Then thou must rig the dodger, and apex. This is the order of things. Though shalt thou not rig thine dodger above thine sinker release, nor above thine apex of rotary bait. Once the weight release, dodger and apex are rigged, being the order in which thou must rig,  then lobbest thou the salmon hear in the direction of thine fish, who, being hungry in my sight, shall snuff it."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 09:45:43 PM by raydon »

raydon

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Blessing from Bird:

You have my blessing!  Though I question your marketing strategy associating with this crew! 

raydon

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Blessing from Otobepelagic

" bless the salmon gear given away at the 2014 Holiday Tournament"

And "The Spoon" Happy Holidays Raydon.  Bless You and All Our NCKA Family.

rockfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
confused why ATD is now hocking security systems AND giving away salmon gears, but I am in.  I have learned from previous iterations the secrets of the holiday tourney and will prevail.
Less Mental than before, Still savage AF tho <3

IG: she_savagly_gardens

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
Blessed be the anointed one. For he is in our midst by no mistake. The worlds and the universes have collided and brought forth into our brethren the vast and mighty RAYDON. Bringer of light and frivolity. Joining us together in spirit and temptation. All hail thy RAYDON.  :smt006  :smt008
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Blessed be the anointed one. For he is in our midst by no mistake. The worlds and the universes have collided and brought forth into our brethren the vast and mighty RAYDON. Bringer of light and frivolity. Joining us together in spirit and temptation. All hail thy RAYDON.  :smt006  :smt008
       :smt044 :smt044 :smt044   
    Sounds like fun Raydon !   Thanks

Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

wannabe

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
Can you please post an example of the previous year's holiday themed lures?  Also, do we have to catch the fish on a kayak, or does everything count?
"Do it while you're young. You may never have another chance to do anything this stupid again!" - Tom Magliozzi

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
Can you please post an example of the previous year's holiday themed lures?  Also, do we have to catch the fish on a kayak, or does everything count?

Look through the previous year's threads.

The "Holiday Fishing Tournament" Series hosted by Raydon

HFT1 - December, 2012
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=42940.0

HFT2 - December, 2013
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=51071.0

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

otobepelagic

• o2b
  • Sea Lion
  • 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007

I can't wait to go through the families collection of ornaments and such to see what I can come up with this year.. :smt002
NCKA Angler of the Year 2010 1st Place, 2009 2nd Place, 2008 3rd Place          

Living the dream before I can only dream of it.......

bwodun

This year I hope to post a fish, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY WANT THAT SPOON!!!!!!, thanks for doing this again raydon, cameron

raydon

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Yes you need to catch a fish with your holiday lure and on your kayak.  You will get style points if you dress up your kayak like a sleigh.  :smt005 It's all in th e spirit. 

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
BTW - We're keeping the HFT Title with the SCSS again this year. I'm in!!

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...