Kayak Zone > Places to Launch and Camp

Tomales Bay launch on west side?

(1/8) > >>

HazardousCliff:
Staying with the wife and kids next week at Inverness and was wondering if there's a place to launch on the west side of Tomales bay (not Nick's cove). Would hate to drive all the way around the bay to launch but I might not have a choice if fishing near Hog Island?

yatzmail@yahoo.com:
I normally launch at nick’s cove if headed to hog island and launch at Lawson whenever i am camping. You can definitely get to hog island from Lawson but it’s quite far, nice for touring. However be careful on the out going tide because you’re near the mouth to open waters.

Rock Hopper:
You can launch at Heart's Desire, but that's quite a bit away from Hog Island....although you don't really need to go to Hog Island area to catch halibut.  :smt002

myyak8me:
I know there is a motel in Inverness that allows the public to launch but you’re a long way from hog island (in a kayak). Aren’t those flats back there starting to hold Halibut this time of year? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HazardousCliff:
Thanks for the info guys! Sounds like fishing the flats on the southern end is worth a shot. Guessing the waters there are warmer this time of year? If it doesn't produce, I'll make the drive to Nick's =P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version