Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:33:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: San Pablo Reservoir  (Read 1147 times)

Beniciahd

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2018
Took my kayak out for her Maiden voyage!  New to the kayak world, and I got a workout.  Got 4 trout.  3 planters and a nice size one.  2 on Powerbait and 2 on meps spinner.  Water isn’t really clear.  Wind wasn’t horrible.  Getting my lake legs before I get my bay legs! 

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Took my kayak out for her Maiden voyage!  New to the kayak world, and I got a workout.  Got 4 trout.  3 planters and a nice size one.  2 on Powerbait and 2 on meps spinner.  Water isn’t really clear.  Wind wasn’t horrible.  Getting my lake legs before I get my bay legs!
Well now...a little birdie once told me that if there are no pictures...hmmm...welcome to the kayak fishing world...how you gonna cook em'? :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

Beniciahd

• Sardine
  • View Profile
You know, they weren’t worth a group picture but I did take a picture of the big guy pre-Traeger!

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
You know, they weren’t worth a group picture but I did take a picture of the big guy pre-Traeger!
Nice, I'll be in Benicia when the other trout start runnin'
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

clington

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
@Beniciahd Congrats! I just picked up my new rig too and have yet to get it wet. San Pablo is very close to me, let me know if you want to meet up as I have no idea what i'm doing!  I'm strictly a bass guy though.
Bass guy, usually off rented jon boats at reservoirs or backseat on delta. Hoping to get kayak to open up possibilities!

Herb Superb

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
Nice! Congrats on the maiden voyage. San Pablo res was my go to when I was just starting out. I met a friend there who is also a member here who got me more involved in kayak fishing the salt. SPR was also where I had my first yard sale lol. Make sure you tie or put float on any gear you don’t want to lose. Also, practice self rescue

eelkram

• Sea Lion
  • it's my name, backwards
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Nice!  Our family took my sister's family and my cousin's family out on a pontoon yesterday.  All the kids caught fish, as did my cousin and her husband (both first-timers as well).  We ended the day with 22 fish: 6 lassen, 15 DFGs, and 1 bluegill! 

The trout hit chartreuse and rainbow powerbait in the mornings, then hit different colored mice tails later in the afternoon. The bluegill hit a Barbie pole with night crawlers.

The only downside was another pontoon who decided to set in right on top of our anchor, drifted though our lines, and then tried to tell us that I "drove" into them even though we were anchored.  We used it as a good example of bad water manners for the kids.

So, be careful out there.. I watched other boats pass WAY too close to kayakers.
'15 Viking ProFish Reload, wasp
'11 Hobie Revo 13, skunk yellow
'12 Hobie Outfitter, dune (I'm the guy pedaling in the back)

ReelKnots

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • Never leave FISH to find FISH.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
Nice!  Our family took my sister's family and my cousin's family out on a pontoon yesterday.  All the kids caught fish, as did my cousin and her husband (both first-timers as well).  We ended the day with 22 fish: 6 lassen, 15 DFGs, and 1 bluegill! 

The trout hit chartreuse and rainbow powerbait in the mornings, then hit different colored mice tails later in the afternoon. The bluegill hit a Barbie pole with night crawlers.

The only downside was another pontoon who decided to set in right on top of our anchor, drifted though our lines, and then tried to tell us that I "drove" into them even though we were anchored.  We used it as a good example of bad water manners for the kids.

So, be careful out there.. I watched other boats pass WAY too close to kayakers.

Hey Mark, Did they charge the all kid for fishing permit?  :smt006

-Kiel
ARW King Of The Wall 2019
1st Place - Albion Open 2009
OK Trident 13 ( My Trophy )
495 Stealth Evolution
Hobie Revo 13

In Loving Memory of Joel " Mooch " Lotilla.

eelkram

• Sea Lion
  • it's my name, backwards
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013

-Kiel

Hi Kiel, our kids didn't have to pay because we had more than enough adults fishing.  Only folks that are required to have fishing licenses (16yrs or older) are required to pay the fishing permit, and it's 4 kids per permit holder.  This is the language from their website:

Fishing Access Permits are required for persons 16 years of age or older. Up to four children 15
years and under and accompanied by a person who possesses a valid CA fishing license and
daily fishing access permit, may fish under that fishing access permit subject to the daily
possession limit of the permit holder. Every accompanied child, over the allowed number of four,
must have individual fishing access permits. Each child not accompanied by a fishing access
permit holding adult must obtain his/her own fishing access permit.
'15 Viking ProFish Reload, wasp
'11 Hobie Revo 13, skunk yellow
'12 Hobie Outfitter, dune (I'm the guy pedaling in the back)

ReelKnots

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • Never leave FISH to find FISH.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005

-Kiel

Hi Kiel, our kids didn't have to pay because we had more than enough adults fishing.  Only folks that are required to have fishing licenses (16yrs or older) are required to pay the fishing permit, and it's 4 kids per permit holder.  This is the language from their website:

Fishing Access Permits are required for persons 16 years of age or older. Up to four children 15
years and under and accompanied by a person who possesses a valid CA fishing license and
daily fishing access permit, may fish under that fishing access permit subject to the daily
possession limit of the permit holder. Every accompanied child, over the allowed number of four,
must have individual fishing access permits. Each child not accompanied by a fishing access
permit holding adult must obtain his/her own fishing access permit.

Thanks for the info Mark.

-Kiel
ARW King Of The Wall 2019
1st Place - Albion Open 2009
OK Trident 13 ( My Trophy )
495 Stealth Evolution
Hobie Revo 13

In Loving Memory of Joel " Mooch " Lotilla.

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Thanks for the report and picture Beniciahd.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Beniciahd

• Sardine
  • View Profile
@Beniciahd Congrats! I just picked up my new rig too and have yet to get it wet. San Pablo is very close to me, let me know if you want to meet up as I have no idea what i'm doing!  I'm strictly a bass guy though.

Yeah, I’ll let you know.  I want to get in more bass fishing so I would welcome the company!  Thank you!