Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 11:59:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:38:53 PM]

[Today at 10:36:10 PM]

[Today at 10:28:01 PM]

[Today at 09:35:28 PM]

[Today at 09:34:00 PM]

[Today at 07:44:11 PM]

[Today at 04:54:29 PM]

[Today at 02:08:42 PM]

[Today at 01:54:14 PM]

[Today at 11:53:02 AM]

[Today at 11:47:27 AM]

[Today at 10:36:28 AM]

[Today at 10:19:30 AM]

[April 14, 2024, 09:28:20 PM]

[April 14, 2024, 11:07:25 AM]

[April 14, 2024, 07:39:42 AM]

[April 13, 2024, 05:09:58 PM]

[April 13, 2024, 11:43:58 AM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:13:23 PM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:01:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Navigation light  (Read 2031 times)

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
I think this is a great item to have for any yak.

https://www.yakattack.us/V2FM_FPG_p/v2fm-fpg.htm

This is what I use.

Vwool, are there replacement pole segments available?  I'm interested in one or maybe two.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

vwool

• "Grab life by the Paddle"
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2011

This is what I use.

Vwool, are there replacement pole segments available?  I'm interested in one or maybe two.

I am sure they could work something out , send them an email.
Eddyline Caribbean 12
OK Malibu Two XL
Hobie Revo

Host of Crabfest 2012-2022

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011

This is what I use.

Those things break ridiculously easily. I'm not a fan...
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...

dan916

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018
They only brake if you dont take care of your equipment or forget to take it off and turn ur kayak over. I've had the same one for years ...Carbon pro... and still working great. My friend did brake one by forgetting to take it off first before rolling his kayak on the side to load on the cart. If be wasnt in a hurry to get to work he still would have the original buy. Take care of your stuff and you will be fine.
Integrity first, Service before self and excellence in all we do.

All gave some, some gave all. You will never be forgotten!

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
They only brake if you dont take care of your equipment or forget to take it off and turn ur kayak over. I've had the same one for years ...Carbon pro... and still working great. My friend did brake one by forgetting to take it off first before rolling his kayak on the side to load on the cart. If be wasnt in a hurry to get to work he still would have the original buy. Take care of your stuff and you will be fine.

That does not match my experience. I broke it once by simply grabbing the light and pulling it over maybe 6” off center as I was twisting it to turn it off, and the other time it broke was not much more than that. If you roll your kayak (in the water, not on pavement) I’d wager that it’ll break more often than not. Anyone who is considering it ought to spend some time looking thru the reviews, as you’ll find many that mention broken rods.

That rod is far more fragile than any fishing rod I have ever owned, which seems absurd given the high price.
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007

That does not match my experience. I broke it once by simply grabbing the light and pulling it over maybe 6” off center as I was twisting it to turn it off, and the other time it broke was not much more than that. If you roll your kayak (in the water, not on pavement) I’d wager that it’ll break more often than not. Anyone who is considering it ought to spend some time looking thru the reviews, as you’ll find many that mention broken rods.

That rod is far more fragile than any fishing rod I have ever owned, which seems absurd given the high price.

First time I broke mine was when I huli'd.  Second time was when I looked at it funny. 
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

vwool

• "Grab life by the Paddle"
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2011

Just like everything, everyone has their own experiences with products. Have you reached out to YakAttack about it?

I haven't had any issues with mine, but that doesn't mean you haven't. I think overall it is a great product for what it is intended for. As for the price, yes it is on the higher end, but the product is made in America, and the company supports many of the local events we attend.

Eddyline Caribbean 12
OK Malibu Two XL
Hobie Revo

Host of Crabfest 2012-2022

dan916

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Here is another option if you dont want to make one from ground up. Not a bad price. You just have to figure out a battery hook up for it but I know kayakers are inventive can figure it out :smt003.  Stay safe guys!

dan916

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Just like everything, everyone has their own experiences with products. Have you reached out to YakAttack about it?

I haven't had any issues with mine, but that doesn't mean you haven't. I think overall it is a great product for what it is intended for. As for the price, yes it is on the higher end, but the product is made in America, and the company supports many of the local events we attend.
Of course it's going to be more fragile than any of your fishing rods.... it's not a fishing rod. it's not made out of composite or fiberglass. It's made from rolled carbon fiber and it's made to be light so you dont feel it as much when its windy. Not saying you pulled on it like a fishing rod but they are not made to be bent over. And yes there are going to be lemons just like everything but I would but the blame on user error on that one. If you want something you can yank on look at my post above this one... there are others with springs at the base and you can bend it under the water if you wanted to.