Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:26:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:50:16 PM]

[Today at 02:58:59 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: just finished rigging my 2014 jackson Cuda!  (Read 9002 times)

raymond22

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2014
so i just got my cuda about 2 months ago and i finally have it rigged the way i want/is functional until i find the cons of my rigging. first off i put silent traction all over the yak. the only reason being if i drop any of my jigs or weights it won't be so loud. second i noticed the lack of pad eyes throughout the boat, so i went a little crazy and put them all over the yak where i thought i could use them. another thing i didn't like was that the rudder wasn't secured very well when transporting so i used a pad eye, a j hook, and a bungee to secure it better while transporting it. third i installed my lowrance elite 4 fish finder using a through the hull transducer, but I'm not sure i like it very much and may get a lowrance scupper mount. fourth i put an 8 inch gear track with backing on one side just mount my ram 2007 rod holder when trolling, and also to mount my scotty trap ease (or crap davit) on using the yak attack scotty base. lastly i took a pad and mounted it in the bottom to put my rods on, i put velcro on it to hold down everything. i ail post more pictures soon. i think that about covers it. any insight to what else i can do to this thing, just let me know! - Jeremy

sonoramike

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
Looks great. What happend to the foam support block that's suppose to be in between the center and front hatch? I think it needs to be in there. If yours didn't have it you should call your dealer and get one.

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Looks great. What happend to the foam support block that's suppose to be in between the center and front hatch? I think it needs to be in there. If yours didn't have it you should call your dealer and get one.

Nah, I've taken mine out on both my cudas. Gets in the way of storing fins and spearguns.

I checked with the jk folks and they said it's not an issue. Those blocks provide added stability, but I haven't noticed a difference. I did leave the one under my seat in, mostly cuz I don't need that space.

:smt001

Looks great dude! Looking forward to seeing some blood on it!

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Thanks for sharing,  I need to pimp mine up some time this year!  :smt003
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

TCAT

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
Rod holders?  Give us a better look.  I would like to see how, what, glue, etc.
TC

raymond22

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
i took the foam out for the extra room. like jim said you can't store anything up front with that block in there, thats half the reason i want to do a scupper mounted transducer. TCAT i put a geartrac on one side  with the backing and put my ram ball on it. the new cudas come with geartracs on the center hatch and a ram rod holder with a geartrac mount. and when I'm not using my rod holder for trolling i like it in front of me for rigging up and well its easier than looking over my shoulder for a rear rod holder lol for the transducer i just cut my accessory tray in the center hatch. because it was the easy way to do it right now. for glue i used lexel, i actually ordered marine goop from hook1 and they were out so they sent me lexel and i was pleased with it.

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Looks good man. I'm loving the silent track deck. Enjoy your new boat!
Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

TCAT

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
That's great.  What about the Velcro rod holders below deck?  How did you create those?
TC

raymond22

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
for the velcro i took a foam pad and mounted it in the bottom then took double sided velcro and glued one side down and then put velcro over the top

TCAT

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Great idea. The one drawback to loading rods, spare paddle, etc. inside, is the sliding around thing.  It would be great to know you can reach it from the seat if you want to.
Good job.
TC

TCAT

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
The noise reduction material is brand named "silent traction" as mentioned in his original post.  It comes in shapes and sizes or you can purchase a bulk piece and cut what you need.
TC

raymond22

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
the foam inside i got from a local shop, I'm not sure what type it is exactly. it actually had a 3m sticky back. but i was going to just take a piece of like shop floor foam and put velcro on the back. i just lucked out and found what i used at eureka adventures edge. the foam is supposed to resist water and keep it out… so i was told haha ya TCAT i hat rods and what not rolling all over in the hull of my ok so i knew i wanted a way to keep them put. but in my ok it also didn't have the rear hatch so i literally had to pick the kayak up from the back to get what fell back, although the rear hatch is pretty useless otw.

General Lee

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2012
Sweet looks clean I like the silent traction did u have to order it or is it available at hardware stores
Headwaters Fishing Team Member
FeelFree national team member
Railblaza pro staff
1st place Freshkats series 2013
1st place Freshkats Madness at Melones 2013
3rd place Berryessa salmon slam lll
FeelFree lure 11.5
Tight lines ...

raymond22

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
the traction system i ordered a huge sheet from Hook1. it was expensive, but i think it will be worth it in the end

General Lee

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2012
the traction system i ordered a huge sheet from Hook1. it was expensive, but i think it will be worth it in the end
might just have to put some on my cuda
Headwaters Fishing Team Member
FeelFree national team member
Railblaza pro staff
1st place Freshkats series 2013
1st place Freshkats Madness at Melones 2013
3rd place Berryessa salmon slam lll
FeelFree lure 11.5
Tight lines ...