Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:00:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 03:32:02 PM]

[Today at 01:20:14 PM]

[Today at 10:36:10 AM]

[Today at 09:23:34 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: HKUP - HMB Saturday 11/18/17  (Read 2640 times)

PortageeYaker

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2017
Report that to the fish and game and to the harbor master! That has been a problem for years in HMB. Since I was a kid and before I am sure. Years ago Dad and I saw someone throw one of our pots back in the water as we approached. Dad chased him down and me with a graff in my hand threatened to board their boat and run the Graf through their guts! They shit their pants and needless to say headed straight to the dock and I am sure left quickly. Nowadays threatening people isn't the way to do it. Take their information and a pick or goPro video and turn them in so they pay the price for stealing and poaching because I am sure they don't care about limits either!

Thanks,
PY
Where there is a Portagee there is fish!!!

crazyfisher

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
I got skunked on the crab but while I was waiting to pull my traps I fished the green can and caught a 39” Halibut

wow great job Michael!! .might have to go for crab/halibut hunt soon

Wildrooster

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
Crabs crabs crabs everywhere limited in 75-80 feet of water 2 pound plus for many I used my super secret crab bait
glade you made it
now let's get our fish on

Ascend FS128T
Hobie AI yellow

achu

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2017
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rnrgeek

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2016
Got a late start finally drop my traps
And I see a Boat four guy come pulling up to a pot pull it up quick all four pulling take a crab or 2 drop the pot
come over to my freshly dropped pot start to snare it when they realize I’m there they move to the next pot which is mine
there still raiding pots keep a lookout older stripper type Boat light blue stripe four Vietnamese guys

Could this be the guys who were raiding crab pots?   

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Abandoned-Boat-Spins-Circles-Half-Moon-Bay-Coast-458675603.html
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 blue

2017 Hobie Outback

wakeside

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2015
Hey! Sorry for the late post.
My daughter was sick and I woke up late to meet up at 0700 but ended up on the water by 9am. Since I was solo, I didn't feel comfortable being on the water for too long. To help answer the real question, I don't have anything to report since I didn't really fish. sorry! :(

I ended up loading the 460 with my gear and paddled out to the green can. Since this was a maiden for the 460, I launched from HMBK and out the mouth towards the green can. Weather was great with winds blowing at approximately 5-10kts. Lots of chatter on the radio from folks dropping pots in the shallows but reporting smaller dungys with most having better success in slightly deeper waters. Anyways, I spent maybe two hours outside of the mouth just paddling around and tuning the FF, reaching for rods, rigging gear, accessing storage, and just getting familiar with things. All in all, it was a beautiful day and it beat spending the day on dry land. Hopefully there will be some better reports in the future.
@Cal, it was nice meeting you in the AM and thanks for the parking spot! Also met up with another fellow kayaker (Carl maybe? Sorry memory is crap for names.) Let him take a spin on the 460 in the harbor and chatted for a bit. For the other guys I was supposed to meet, my apologies for being late. Doesn't usually happen for me.
Cheers!

GuihanHunter

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2017
Went out Sat morning got 4 keepers. Soaked pots overnight and got 9 on Sunday. Looked like someone pulled one of my pots. Was in a slightly different spot bait was all eaten up and only 1 keeper. All caught in 30 FOW.
2020 Hobie Compass Camo Edition
Instagram @guihanhunter
YouTube @guihanhunter

wakeside

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2015
Damn! Just watched that news clip and wonder why people neglect to wear PFD's. I've seen enough Dealiest Catch episodes to know that even with a PFD, a weighted pot and lots of loose rope is a recipe for disaster.

anything