Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:48:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: My $0.02 (gun control)as reflected by a good friends FB post  (Read 3585 times)

Dogwood

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
If everyone in San Francisco had a gun and knew how to use it, would you break into someone house.

Crazay ol dood u ignint af bruh

Jplutino

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2018
If everyone in San Francisco had a gun and knew how to use it, would you break into someone house.

Crazay ol dood u ignint af bruh
No your the crazy ignorant one if you think the police are gonna save you.  Lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Old Kayak

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2019
I realize I am new here...….but, I do not understand why one would want to put this sort of stuff on a kayak fishing forum.
I think we come here for the kayak info, the fishing info and things involved with that.
Go back to FB with this stuff.
Old Kayak

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
I realize I am new here...….but, I do not understand why one would want to put this sort of stuff on a kayak fishing forum.
I think we come here for the kayak info, the fishing info and things involved with that.
Go back to FB with this stuff.
Old Kayak

Yeah, this is an odd ball post for this time of year, and note the number of members vs the small number of commenters, it'll die of it's own weight pretty soon if people like you and I quit giving it life........

Jplutino

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2018
Is it winter yet. Lol.  Let's all just go fishing.  Politics suck.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

LONO100

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2015
Not going to give my 2 cents on gun control though I see the pros and cons to both sides, but to say the Japanese didn't invade the US because they knew the citizens were armed is the silliest thing I've read today. The Japanese attempted to invade the US, it was called Pearl Harbor. Their entire Hope's of having even a chance at defeating the US hinged on whether they could take the Hawaiin Islands so they would have a base of operation in the middle of the Pacific cutting the distance to the mainland in half. Even with the losses we took at Pearl Harbor, the Japanese were not able to take the islands, spawning the quote by their Admiral Yamamoto "we woke a sleeping giant."

The Japanese also attempted to infiltrate US territory by hitting the aleutian Islands in Alaska but their probes were shot down and stunted the Japanese plans. Just thought I could clear up some of the ignorant dribble that made me flea Facebook and somehow followed me here.

Fishcomb

• Sea Lion
  • Banted by Moderators
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2012
While we are on the subject of the Japanese not attacking the US. Just know that they actually landed a bomb in Oregon.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/almanac-when-japan-attacked-oregon/

Fishcomb

• Sea Lion
  • Banted by Moderators
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2012
Hawaii was a US territory from 1898 till 1959

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
While we are on the subject of the Japanese not attacking the US. Just know that they actually landed a bomb in Oregon.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/almanac-when-japan-attacked-oregon/

Several actually, including one that killed six people near Bly Oregon. https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5374039.pdf

The pastor who’s wife was killed went on to go missing as a POW of the viet cong.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie_E._Mitchell
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

LONO100

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2015
More ignorance up in here! It doesn't matter whether Hawaii had Statehood or not. It was a US territory with Americans and US military stationed there. The bombing of Pearl Harbor was the exact event that lead the US Congress to declare war on Japan and get involved in WWII. Same thing would happen if Guam, US Virgin Islands, or other US territories would be attacked. Stop spewing this garbage on here and save it for 4chan. I just came back to this forum after a multi-year layoff from the sport, I hope I don't have to leave it again because of BS posts like this one. 

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
More ignorance up in here! It doesn't matter whether Hawaii had Statehood or not. It was a US territory with Americans and US military stationed there. The bombing of Pearl Harbor was the exact event that lead the US Congress to declare war on Japan and get involved in WWII. Same thing would happen if Guam, US Virgin Islands, or other US territories would be attacked. Stop spewing this garbage on here and save it for 4chan. I just came back to this forum after a multi-year layoff from the sport, I hope I don't have to leave it again because of BS posts like this one. 

At the time of the Pearl Harbor attack there was a simultaneous attack on Guam.  And Wake Island, and the Philippines, all US holdings at the time.

History stuff is fun! 

As for Mojo, if we are going to keep driving him around we're going to need a shorter bus.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2019
Ahh, ya just gotta love the left side of the bell curve.

PNWKA

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile FB
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Holy moly. :happy1:

Keep this over at nwka or facebook
NWKA? really? :lol: Mojo got a similar response up here.
https://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=21575.msg226052#msg226052

As for Mojo, if we are going to keep driving him around we're going to need a shorter bus.
:laughing4:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:16:36 AM by PNWKA »

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
If more guns makes us safer, then we'd all live in the safest country on earth. (Spoiler alert, we don't.)