Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:26:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jp52
[Today at 02:25:47 PM]

[Today at 02:15:59 PM]

[Today at 01:10:11 PM]

[Today at 11:10:06 AM]

[Today at 10:04:01 AM]

[Today at 09:46:32 AM]

[Today at 09:43:09 AM]

[Today at 09:32:03 AM]

[Today at 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:47:56 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:07:55 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 01:54:14 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Got Stoned tonight  (Read 6110 times)

reelfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
Hi Tote,

The morphine was in the I.V. it took about 15 min. to feel no pain. When they sent me home they gave me Dilaudid 2mg tablets. 2 pills max every 4-6 hrs. Seem like after I had four doses (4 pills) not at one time I was OK, the pain was tolerable. I did sleep a lot. You are right the first time is scary I had no idea what was going on. I was kind of relieved when I found out they were stones and not anything really bad. Not that this was fun.

Take care
Kevin

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
I threw up so much I feel like a punching bag would feel. Did you also throw up a lot? I got to eat something know.Kevin

That's when i knew something wasn't right.
I had my wife (at the time) rub my back to no avail. I tried a hot shower beating on my back and the pain was just getting worse.
When I started vomiting from the pain was when I knew something was really wrong.
Now I go to the ER before I get to that stage.
Just hoping it is all behind me.
<=>

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
:pottytrain3:
iGOTtoPEEjustREADINGthis...my bladder is aching..... but i'm SCARED TO go!

:smt100
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

FishFarmer

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2008
I was in my early 20s with my first one. Dr sent me home and suggested I drink force fluids, "Beer is good..".

I spend 2 days curled up in bed feeling like my left nut was in a vice before it started moving. Been recurring every few years since then.

Last time they saw it in an ultra sound before I knew it was an issue. Knocked me out and blasted it. After pissing blood and sand for a couple days all was good. Things have certainly changed!

Hope your feeling better, I can *really* empathize with what you're experiencing :smt119 

Ben
I know that I know nothing - Socrates

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Hey Kev - glad your feeling better!

In the islands,(Philippines) the old timers used to carry coconuts...so that every time they needed to piss, they would drop the coconut on their foot....to forget about the pain from pissing stones.... :jawdrop

Northern Boy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile my name is phil and i'm addicted to fishing
  • Date Registered: Mar 2007
Oh man, I had just started to forget about my first kidney stone, from November last year. Now you guys have reminded me they're going to come back one day!

Sounds like my experience is similar to all of yours. I wasn't vomiting but I was in sudden and severe pain that was very frightening because I had no idea what it was. I went to the ER for a shot of Toradol and, lucky lucky lucky me, there was no more pain after that, not even two weeks later when the stone passed.

It was 7 (SEVEN) X 4 mm.

Even the doc winced when he saw that. I have no idea why there was no pain, but I ain't complaining.

bblatt

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
My wife had the non-specific malaise 8 months into her pregnancy and thought a walk might help. We got about a half mile down the trail, then back to the car and into the emergency room. We kept telling them that it wasn't contractions, but the nurse checked her all the same...there's a joke, but I'm sworn to secrecy...
I don't know what they gave her for pain, but the pain passed pretty quickly.

INSANEDUANE

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
drink more water! everyday all you can or else :smt010
3RD annual 2007 halfmoon bay kayaks derby winner

fish or die you dirty dogs

reelfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
Yes sir. :salut:Thats all I have had since.Dont want another stone.

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
So Sorry Man...

Ouch   :smt010

That is one I fear, just awful....

I may have missed it in the back post, but along with increased water intake,

stay away from the sodas
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

BANJOTAD

• North Valley Slayers
  • Sea Lion
  • Hobie Revolution
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
drink more water! everyday all you can or else :smt010
    stay away from the sodas
Dr sent me home and suggested I drink force fluids, "Beer is good..".
Ben
I must be doing it right :smt002

fishSticker

• Must catch diner
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I am sorry no person should have to go through that.  I know women who have passed them and they say they would rather go through natural child birth again. My father passed one about the size of a pea while we were out sturgen fishing once.  He started to feel the pain and he started to drink a lot of beer he finished the case and passed it It looked like a little cuckle bur.

I have had them twice and had to go in and have them blasted to break them up so they were small enough to pass.  I think the extream Pain makes you sick to your stomach hence the puking.  I will second the torodal it worked for me.  I was given morophine first and it did nothing at all for the pain.  They said they wanted to try torodal it has been known to work well on kidney stones.  She explained it is not as strong as morphine but for some reason it realy works for some people.  She gave it to me and the pain went away almost instantly. 

I have been told that one way to prevent them is to drink two OZ of lemon or lime juce a day and a lot of water too.  I have not tried it.
Myrel Willeford

• made in USA
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
well i am one of the lucky ones i have had lyhto 3 times now first one was huge doc said he never seen one that big, from the ct scan they estimated it to be 19mm like a lug nut.  :smt044 last one i pissed out at work and god damn did it hurt. Some things i have read are, soda, coffee, tea, aspirin, all can help form them the only thing i have read that helps is acidic drinks ie lemonade, and of course water is best, and German beer to help piss them out. I can take a fair amount of pain but when you cant breath cause it hurts so bad and you have take 4 aspirin and 2 vicoden in an hour time to go to the er and that sucks :smt009
like a one legged duck always going in circles
stormtrooper-i was there and survived
paradise butt hunt- 1st place
2nd place yakhopper's delta striper event
storm trooper 2-11 H.O.W.
2nd place yakhoppers new hogan striper event
2ND anual mooch invitational

FishFarmer

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2008
The last time I posted to this thread I was trying to think of how to make my worst experience with kidney stones "family friendly"... so I'll try  :smt002

Early in our marriage my wife and I were working really hard at starting a family. All of a sudden one night, at the peak of that effort, I just about came out of my skin with the worst pain I had ever experienced. Not being too bright, we made the same effort the next night with the same result. Stones were nothing new to me at that point, but this was something on a whole new level.

So off to the Dr I go and tell him my story. He was intrigued, but didn't have any ideas. So he decided he needed to investigate with a scope. I'm no prude, but having the Doc shove that thing up Willy with the little blond nurse helping was a little humiliating, and talk about pain  :smt010

After a bit (and god only knows how much plastic tubing later) he says, "I see it!!" which was followed by a blast of excruciating pain. The nurse says, "Do you want to sit down, you look a little pale?" while the Dr is saying "I can't see it anymore..." At this point I'm trying not to faint while the Doc's removing the scope.

Turn's out the stone was lodged in the prostrate which accounts for all the pain during the *peak* of the evenings with my wife. The scope dislodged it and it passed a couple days later. I can't begin to tell you how grateful I  am for the equipment and meds they have now.

Ben
I know that I know nothing - Socrates

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
 :smt010 OK, that's it, I'm not reading this thread anymore and I'm drinking a gallon of water a day... :smt087
Catch & Repeat

anything