Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:02:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:53:15 PM]

[Today at 06:54:40 PM]

by jp52
[Today at 02:25:47 PM]

[Today at 02:15:59 PM]

[Today at 01:10:11 PM]

[Today at 11:10:06 AM]

[Today at 09:46:32 AM]

[Today at 09:43:09 AM]

[Today at 09:32:03 AM]

[Today at 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:47:56 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:07:55 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Wanted to let everybody know about my experiance with "Wheeleez"  (Read 5331 times)

Rory

About two weeks ago I ordered a wheeleez cart on line. The one thing I did not realize is that the "Mini Cart" is real small. I did not realize that until I got it shipped to my house, and opened the box. :smt012 About the shipping, they sent it by FedEx, overnight. I have never received anything that fast!! Anyhow, once I realized it was to small, and tried to put my X-Factor on it, (Which was like trying to put a goodyear blimp on a small pickup :smt013) I called them up and explained that it was the wrong size. Vern, (the warehouse person) said to ship it back and a credit will be put on my credit card, and that I should reorder a new one on line and they will get it sent out right away to me. Well, there was a little confusion on what was happening in the warehouse (Vern) and the operator doing the orders :smt012. Anyhow, after a day that they received the "Mini-cart" back I got a message on my answering machine asking for me to call, Vern, at "Wheeleez" I called and Vern wanted to make sure that I was happy with the cart that I got. I was really happy with what happen. Forgot to say, that in the confussion, that they also sent some extra straps, because I got it later than the weekend that I was going to use it. (During the CSBA tournament)
The cart is a little on the pricey side, but I so think that it will last a long time. The one that I got is the "Kayak and Canoe Kart" with the knuematic wheels. Did not really want to put out for the sand tires that go for $189.00. I spent the $99.00 for mine. Just thought I would let everybody know.  :smt006

dilbeck

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Thanks for the heads-up Rory.  I'm gonna be investing in one real soon.  Glad to hear that they worked everything out.

Michael

Mahi

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
I bought the big guy from Kayak Fishing Stuff.

I'm very happy with their service and the cart.

CHEERS!

fishinmike

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
I use one of the mini carts for my X factor. I had some trouble with it the first time because the straps that come with it are too short to attach the cart in the middle of the boat. I put the cart on towards one end where the straps would reach and found that it was apt to loosen and fall off because the boat tapers too much toward the end. The next time I used it I put the two straps that came with the cart together to make one strap that was long enough to fit around the middle of the boat, and used a strap from my roof rack for the other one. I've used it that way half a dozen times now and it seems to work just fine. The cart really doesn't work unless it is in the middle of the boat, so you just need to get straps that are long enough to attach it there.

mickfish

• Global Moderator
  • Fish & Chill
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
I put the two straps that came with the cart together to make one strap that was long enough to fit around the middle of the boat, and used a strap from my roof rack for the other one. I've used it that way half a dozen times now and it seems to work just fine. The cart really doesn't work unless it is in the middle of the boat, so you just need to get straps that are long enough to attach it there.
I hated using the straps and now just use the black heavy duty bungie straps you can buy at any hardware store they work great never come loose and hold the boat tight thanks Erik best tip in a while. I use them on my trailer as long as I don't hit the freeway.
Group IQ is inversely proportional to the size of the group.

A Steelhead always knows where he is going, but a Man seldom does.

Pacifico

• Oye! Que Vida!
  • Sea Lion
  • 12 seconds! That's all I need!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
I hated using the straps and now just use the black heavy duty bungie straps you can buy at any hardware store they work great never come loose and hold the boat tight thanks Erik best tip in a while. I use them on my trailer as long as I don't hit the freeway.

Got a pic of the bungie straps? Would you feel confident walking the kayak up and down the hill at Elk with them?
Rub-cifico

mickfish

• Global Moderator
  • Fish & Chill
  • View Profile

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Just a warning on bungie straps.....becareful!!! I almost lost an eye when was trying to secure my milk crate (back then) on my yaks tankwell and the hook slipped and snapped back to my face....my only saving grace was that I was wearing sunglasses...which by they way, gladly sacrificed it's life for my well being :smt045

Be safe comrads :smt058

mickfish

• Global Moderator
  • Fish & Chill
  • View Profile
I always hold the bungie with my free hand but Mooch is correct a lot of people have been injured with bungies. I still turn my head.

Marmite

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Just a warning on bungie straps.....becareful!!!

Yeh, still remember a young boy who came in to the ER with a bandage over his eye from a bungie cord injury.  Sadly,when I removed it, it was clear that he would lose site in that eye.

SF Alex

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
My bad wheeleez experience:

Worked okay twice before I forgot to rinse it with fresh water. Two weeks later it was corroded beyond repair. The hubs were actually fused onto the axle. $200 gone dammit

Blue Jeans

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
The hubs on both of my wheelez are plastic?

-Brian G

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I've only used mine a couple times and one wheel will not hold air although there are no visible holes or tears.  Kinda made that Elk hill rough, to say the least, (that, and the gallon of water inside my hull, but that's anothr story).

KZ

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Kunz's Reel Rods
I use the heavy duty bungee cords with adjustable hooks.  One side is tied permanently to the cart... the other side is simply stretched over the yak and secured to the cart for transport.  Works fine... tried and tested at Elk x 2.

I also noticed that Home Depot is now carrying these, but I bought them at West Marine a year or more ago.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/93938/377%20710/0/adjustable%20bungee%20cord/Primary%20Search/mode%20matchallpartial/0/0?N=377%20710&Ne=0&Ntt=adjustable%20bungee%20cord&Ntk=Primary%20Search&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Nao=0&Ns=0&keyword=adjustable%20bungee%20cord&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=2&subdeptNum=null&classNum=0
2006 Elk Tourney Champion
2006 Angler of the Year 3rd Place

Kunz's Reel Rods
www.kzreelrods.com

Acts 10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

CoS

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
I've only used mine a couple times and one wheel will not hold air although there are no visible holes or tears.  Kinda made that Elk hill rough, to say the least, (that, and the gallon of water inside my hull, but that's anothr story).

Try soapy water in a spray bottle and maybe even try spraying at the valve stem first. Mine came with a defective valve and that was the last spot that I checked.  If anyone knows how to fix those valves please let me know. I don't want to send them back and be without my wheels. Might just wait till winter.
                                       CoS

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:07:25 AM by CoS »
...got him in the boat he measured six foot long I was so dang impressed I had to write this song...

anything