Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:13:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:50:16 PM]

[Today at 02:58:59 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Timber/Ocean Cove 12/30  (Read 1414 times)

CJ

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
Thinking about heading to either TC or OC Friday 12/30.  Haven't tried OC yet - any good advice on where to go?  I've read north side of the cove in ~80ft.

chopper

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2012
OC is closed for the season.

Cheers,
Brad

CJ

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Ah didn't realize it closed at the end of November, thanks for the head's up!  I was out at timber cover last weekend and someone recommended another spot just to the north that was walk-down only.  Looking at a map he may have meant Stillwater Cove.  TC still looks decent for tomorrow so I'll probably give it a shot.

CJ

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Timber Cove 12/29:

Documented my second trip to Timber Cove, this time only sort of knowing what the heck I was doing in terms of going after lingcod. Got there around 8:30 to a full lot, ended up getting a discount on the launch fee by helping the owner take out some trash. Met a couple of veterans here as well as a couple noobs like me.  Seems like everyone is either a member or at least uses this website as a resource.

Conditions were soupy for the first hour or so, however one of the guides that launched around the same time (Spike?) made for a great beacon.  Headed north of the cove for a while before my depth finder decided to take the nap of no return.  After dropping onto sand a few times I headed back toward the cove & ran into another group of new-to-NCKA folks.  First drop caught a fish, followed by another immediately thereafter.  Between the buzz on the water and recent videos here of 15+ takes, I threw back more than a few keepers looking to nab a monster.  Unfortunately, the big one broke off so I settled for a 28".  Overall couldn't ask for better conditions and glad to have met a number of good folks.  Mark, Bruce and Trevor, great to meet you guys and hope to run into you again in 2018.  Happy New Year everyone. 

-CJ

HamachiJohn

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Thx for the video report, and congrats on the ling limit!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Down to 1 Hobie Revo...

FishingAddict

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
You can only use 2 hooks not 3.
Finfish Regulation 28.27 Lingcod

(d) Method of take: When angling, gear is restricted to not more than two hooks and one line. For purposes of this section, a hook is a single hook, or double or treble hook with multiple points connected to a common shank.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 10:55:11 PM by FishingAddict »
2018 Hobie Revolution 13 Cheeesy Orange Papaya
2019 Hobie Revolution 11 Seagrass Green

CJ

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Thanks FishingAddict.  I tried clipping the end of the first top shrimp fly hook to accommodate this rule.  Is this permitted, or should the entire lure be removed?

• Fishing is the perpetual series occasion of hope.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Thanks FishingAddict.  I tried clipping the end of the first top shrimp fly hook to accommodate this rule.  Is this permitted, or should the entire lure be removed?
2 hooks dont matter which one you clipped.
Live today for tomorrow's sake.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Azkikr

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2017
You can only use 2 hooks not 3.
Finfish Regulation 28.27 Lingcod

(d) Method of take: When angling, gear is restricted to not more than two hooks and one line. For purposes of this section, a hook is a single hook, or double or treble hook with multiple points connected to a common shank.

Correct. [emoji106]

Azkikr

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2017
2 hooks dont matter which one you clipped.

Another correct. 2 hooks only

anything