Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:14:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Pay It Forward Paddle - Vids, Pics and Reports  (Read 10292 times)

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
AWESOME video Rey!!!!!!!!!

Really well done!!

I had a great time hanging out OTW with you and look forward to seeing you again soon!!
 :smt006
Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

LapuLapu

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Thanks Guys.  I had a blast partying with you guys OTW.  My video is HD so if your network can handle it put it on the high res like 480p or 720p.  Looking forward meshing with you dudes again at Albion. 

Love your video too Art.  Great work.  Like the artistic style you put into it.

Rey

FISHADOW

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • Pusher of the Prowler. Watcher of the Wise.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
You guys those vids kick ass. great feeling to relive some of the joy of that day. I cant say enuff sweet vids and sweet music.

LONG LIVE DA MOOCH!!!!!!!!!
I like to have fun.......

LIVE LIFE!!!

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

stoggie

• Salmon
  • Team Mooch Patrol
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2008
Wow

just spent many minutes looking at all the vids and pics. Great work by everyone, it was cool to see all three vids on the same buzz and reflect on what it meant to each of us. Great perspectives..

warm fuzzies to all

stoggie

MANBEARPIG

• Half Man, Half Bear, Half Pig: Im super cereal!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Great videos, I cant stop watchin em!! I was excited to see yours al after seein you gettin squirly through the pack all morninn with the camera goin!! :smt044 Sweet!
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas Edison

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Art, Rey and Al thanks so much for the videos. Each one was GREAT!!! I love NCKA because it is not all about big fish and being the best. The bottom line is that on judgement day all that matters is what you have done for other people.  :smt006

Thanks! Scott
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Art, Rey and Al thanks so much for the videos. Each one was GREAT!!! I love NCKA because it is not all about big fish and being the best. The bottom line is that on judgement day all that matters is what you have done for other people.  :smt006

Thanks! Scott

Well said Scott!!!!! 

Thanks again for all your help and support with the event...you are a good man and I look forward to getting OTW with you again soon...you catch any Capitola fish you are always welcome to come clean them over at our house!!
 :smt006
Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

dpshim

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2010
Art, Rey, & Al,
Thank you very much for sharing those videos with the rest of the NCKA family!! I'm sorry that I was not able to be otw with the rest of family, but it was a great pleasure to have met some before the launch and during the raffle. I'm looking forward to meeting many more in the near future! :D

I'd also like to paste a post that my friend Pete aka SurfSamurai wrote on PFIC regarding his time with the NCKA family. Thank you all for welcoming him to our family, you guys and gals are genuinely TERRIFIC!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:52 pm
surfsamurai

The pleasure was all mine, Jed... to meet up and yak with you for the very first time on the water... Thank you for inviting me for this great event and also taking care of me on the water for the kayak virgin. Smile

Dan, too bad you couldn't join us but it was nice to see ya again at the raffle later for your support. You're a good man and I'm very proud of you, little brother. Btw, Dpshim donated his beloved G Loomis rod and Jed pitched in two nice boat rods for the raffle... Ryan and Michael, we missed you two as well... It was so nice to see Pat the Sin Coast working hard all morning and day cooking for everyone... Your son, Duke is so cute! V loved him.

As for "Pay It Forward to Paddle", it wasn't really about fishing, yet it was more about friendship and displaying support for the fellow angler, aks "Mooch" who was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Nobody really fished, but paddled out together to the mile buoy to ride the wave of spirit for Mooch... I don't know the man, but I must say he was deeply touched and absorbed all the love and support he received that day.

I also have to say, "What a group of friends and legit anglers with a big heart and love on the water!"... I, myself lost my mom with a cancer in many years ago and it was very difficult time for my family and I. So I know in first hand how difficult it would be for Mooch and his family, plus all these friends he made through fishing... There were about 50 - 60 kayakers and their families showed up for support. Man, these people know how to bbq, cook up and drink for this get together. It was a huge GT on the beach. The foods were simply amazing and people at GT were like your own families for real.

Ummm... the raffle prize was insanely generous to say the least... The multiple G Loomis rods, Reels, BBQ Fryers, Lures and the grand prize was a Kayak... Yup, you have heard it right, "Kayak", sir. They are all 100% donation for support of Mooch. The raffle tickets was $20 a pop and many people had a half dozen in their hands. I saw one lady with 20 tickets to $400. The fundraiser hit about $6700 excluding all the donations for the raffle prizes. And I know it was a second kayak they have given away this year already. Many people drove 6 to 7 hours to get to Santa Cruz. Sacramento to Fresno to Modesto to Mendocino to Los Angeles to San Diego to SF bay Area... What a tight anglers, friends and great group of people!

Usagi

• Sea Lion
  • The results of a negative WAF account...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Okay, Better last than never, right?  :smt002

Here are my pics from Pay It Forward...Howard, I'll email you full-res pics as we discussed.  Let me say ONE more time: this was my first big NCKA event, and it couldn't have been for a better reason.  I'm very glad to have been able to share this with you all.

At the hand launch...

Our fine support/video/photo crew!

Headed out...

The locals were nonplussed over our arrival to the mile buoy...

The floating bar.  :smt003 (BTW, does anyone know who ended up with my bottle of patron?)  :smt005

Headed in...

Most of my party shots are duplicates of those already posted, so I'll leave most of them off.  But this is why we all showed up...

You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing...