Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:47:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Next in the Tie Dye MBF series  (Read 4621 times)

sackyak

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
P-funk played with the leftover Dead at New Years in Oakland a few years ago.  It was great.  I have to admit to over 100 GD shows plus may others.  Not much live music since the kid arrived 10 yrs ago but I still rock but mostly rockfish.  BTW, the Monterey Bay Regge fest is on Labor Day weekend all three days, anyone up for fishing in the AM and rasta all afternoon and night?
Etienne

MolBasser

• Sea Lion
  • Kayak disguised as a Bass
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2005
Wow, we have a good collection of Heads on this board!

Where is the reggae fest?

MolBasser
2006 Kayak Connection Father's Day Champion
"The Science of Fishing"
Relax, Don't Worry, Have a Homebrew!
  :happy10:

sackyak

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
It is at the Monterey County Fair Grounds.  Take Casa Verde Road exit off Highway 1, turn left go a few blocks to the FG.
Etienne

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
BTW, the Monterey Bay Regge fest is on Labor Day weekend all three days, anyone up for fishing in the AM and rasta all afternoon and night?

THAT would be cool :3some:

guitarzan

• Sea Lion
  • Its Madness.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2006
Saw Black Sabbath with Ozzy,GD when Jerry still had black hair,  the original line up of Lynyrd skynyrd, Led Zeppelin, I guess im stating to geez. Love all kinds of music.
Elk 2008 Winner
Mooch strong
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56542681@N08/sets/
I sure do miss you guys.

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
Saw Black Sabbath with Ozzy,GD

I never saw Gd, but I did see Ozzy with Black Sabbath. I think Humble Pie was there too. At the Old Memorial Auditorium in Sac. I don't remember much of it, my wife does. Cracks our kids up when we told them we saw Ozzy.

H2Ospider

MBF people
pre concert reminiscing, there was discussion on where to have a wagered bucket mouth hunt.  Living next to Clear Lake makes it my obvious favorite. But if you want a lake that has very little power boat activity, scenic beauty, and alot of  big bass, Blue lakes (off hwy 20) would be a great choice.  There are 2 resorts that offer camping and if you want a 2 day event, upper lake on 1 day and lower blue on the next. On the upper lake there is power boating allowed but they have a 5mph rule (enforced by myself at times). most boats are trout trollers that stick to the middle of the lake.
Im not sure how many yakers show up for the MBF tie-dye series, but for a small group Blue lakes is a oft forgotten gem. Not in the bay area but a suggestion to consider.
 As far as the tunes go there arent many that cater to the old school tunes like Konocti. Just caught the Marshall Tucker band and Charley Daniels band there wednesday night. Not usually my choice of tunes, but made for some great people watching.

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
Blue Lake sounds good to me! :smt003 You did say there were fish in it? :smt003 I'm North-Bay and if there is fish to be HOOKED I"ll drive it :smt004  Sidenote:seen Parli-FUNKADELIC-ment at Konocti a few years ago :metal :smoke
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

MolBasser

• Sea Lion
  • Kayak disguised as a Bass
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2005
MBF people
pre concert reminiscing, there was discussion on where to have a wagered bucket mouth hunt.  Living next to Clear Lake makes it my obvious favorite. But if you want a lake that has very little power boat activity, scenic beauty, and alot of  big bass, Blue lakes (off hwy 20) would be a great choice.  There are 2 resorts that offer camping and if you want a 2 day event, upper lake on 1 day and lower blue on the next. On the upper lake there is power boating allowed but they have a 5mph rule (enforced by myself at times). most boats are trout trollers that stick to the middle of the lake.
Im not sure how many yakers show up for the MBF tie-dye series, but for a small group Blue lakes is a oft forgotten gem. Not in the bay area but a suggestion to consider.
 As far as the tunes go there arent many that cater to the old school tunes like Konocti. Just caught the Marshall Tucker band and Charley Daniels band there wednesday night. Not usually my choice of tunes, but made for some great people watching.

Thanks for bringing it back to topic.

I'm still thinking.

Maybe one of the santa clara lakes (calero or anderson).

MolBasser
2006 Kayak Connection Father's Day Champion
"The Science of Fishing"
Relax, Don't Worry, Have a Homebrew!
  :happy10:

surfingmarmot

Local Lakes: We are talking August so skiers are going to be where ever we go if it is a big lake. But I'd like it to be a place where jet skis are prohibited at least. Other than that, the choice is unimproved reservoirs with no PBs but little in picnic area or waterskier lakes. Uvas/Chesbro/Guadalupe for the former, Calero/Anderson/Coyote/etc for the latter. I have never kayak fished any of them but if we want to feast afterwards, a lot of them are out due to tainted fish populations.

Del Valle: I lean toward Del Valle because: 1) it is big, 2) it is relatively close, 3) it has a wide variety of fish including Smallies. I have never kayaked Del Valle but I'd guess they are pretty vigilant regarding PBers and kayaks since Sunrise Mtn ports has a big kayak rental concession there. I think a combined LMB with a Smallie category would be great. Again, after Labor Day might be better--but having never been there I don't know. I have heard the afternoon winds pickup significantly this time of year.

Almost Bay Area Lakes: what about Lake San Antonio? Any opinions on that. Never been--we can always watch the Ospreys and Eagles fish ;-)

Delta: Save the Delta for the Fall when the drunk PBers are gone--I know a person who was killed up there by drunk PBers and I know two boaters shot at by meth-heads--but there are relatively safe places. Rickdy Mitchell seems to know the kayak spots--we should ask him.

anything