Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:07:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:04:19 PM]

[Today at 11:46:31 AM]

[Today at 10:38:46 AM]

[Today at 10:16:10 AM]

[Today at 08:56:12 AM]

[Today at 08:46:36 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[April 23, 2024, 06:21:18 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Revo downrigger mount  (Read 1721 times)

• Napa Fisherman
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
I just mounted a scotty base in my pocket for the laketroller downrigger. I wanted to do the cuphilder base with the depthmastwr downrigger but I already had the laketroller and a scotty base laying around so I did this instead.

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
That's a perfect location to mount the DR.

Just curious if you used a backing plate. On both of the Hobies that I've owned, the plastic on one side is much thinner than the other (off the top of my head, can't recall which side...). On the thick side, a Scotty mount like that would be just fine with stainless fender washers for backing, but on the thinner side, I used a good-sized chunk of 1/4" starboard plastic to spread the load and reduce flexing.
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...

• Napa Fisherman
  • View Profile
That's a perfect location to mount the DR.

Just curious if you used a backing plate. On both of the Hobies that I've owned, the plastic on one side is much thinner than the other (off the top of my head, can't recall which side...). On the thick side, a Scotty mount like that would be just fine with stainless fender washers for backing, but on the thinner side, I used a good-sized chunk of 1/4" starboard plastic to spread the load and reduce flexing.

Yeah I used some sheet metal I had lying around. It seems pretty solid. How heavy balls do you use? I havent used more than 4lbs yet

MooMoo Outdoors

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile MooMoo Outdoors
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
That's exactly where I install scotty base with backing plate for my DR.  :smt001
https://youtube.com/channel/UC6mxd4WmuKFxDEozl7vuMzA

2018 AOTY Biggest Lake Trout Winner
2017 Simply Fishing Winner

California Canoe & Kayak Fishing Team Member
Bending Branches Team Member
Branson Baits Prostaff

2020 Stealth Fusion 480
2015 Hobie Adventure Island
West Marine Pompano 120
2019 Hobie Revo 13 (sold)
2019 Old Town Topwater 120 PDL (sold)
2013 Hobie Revo 11 (sold)
Lifetime Sportfisher (gave away)

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Yeah I used some sheet metal I had lying around. It seems pretty solid. How heavy balls do you use? I havent used more than 4lbs yet

I’ve got a depthmaster and mostly have used a 6 pound ball, which is still fairly easy to manage.
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...

• Napa Fisherman
  • View Profile
I did some downrigger trolling yesterday with this and it works out perfect. The downrigger is plenty close to be comfortable and a 4lb ball fits nicely in the cupholder

Scurvy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
Awesome!  Thx for this, as I need to mount mine and have been unsure. [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • I'm Glen, from the mailroom!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Should have use the Scotty Round Flush mount, it fits peeerfectly in the cup holder!

I put a backing plate on the inside and used the Scotty  small extension to clear the hull; but its in the perfect location to crank the handle...
The one who dies with the most toys, WINS!

KPD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
That is where I have mine mounted (actually 2 inches further forward and on the other side), and I’ve been happy with it so far. I set the height so that the downrigger is supported by the gunwale when it’s seated in the mount.
Wanted to buy: Stealth ProFisha 575 or 525

• Napa Fisherman
  • View Profile
Should have use the Scotty Round Flush mount, it fits peeerfectly in the cup holder!

I put a backing plate on the inside and used the Scotty  small extension to clear the hull; but its in the perfect location to crank the handle...

Yeah it would be nice to have it a few inches closer but I like having the cupholder open for stuff... especially for the ball when not in use

pmmpete

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2015
How heavy balls do you use? I havent used more than 4lbs yet
The biggest weight you can use with a Scotty Laketroller is 4 pounds.  The heavier your downrigger weight, the less blowback you'll have, and the closer the return of the weight on your fish finder will be to the actual depth of the weight.  So I use a 4 pound weight with a Scotty Laketroller.  My favorite downrigger setup is a Cannon Lake-Troll, and I use an eight pound weight on that downrigger.

Grim Reefer

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2014
Mount looks great. For future consideration if you wanted to make the move to the depthmaster. I used scotties 1015 downrigger mount. It works perfect with a little bending to widen the angle of the metal attachment and shortening the boom. I will try to attach a pic. I used the lake troller for a while and just found it too much work.  You can operate the depth master almost entirely one handed which is nice. the brake automatically engages when you release the handle when dropping it and also when you reel it up.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:23:52 AM by Grim Reefer »