Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:56:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:41:59 AM]

[Today at 10:06:12 AM]

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: New Model - Hobie Mirage Compass - $1950 MSRP  (Read 4633 times)

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
Truthfully,
After purchasing the Revo 13 and dealing with Hobie (lack of) Customer Service, I don't think I would ever purchase another product from them again.
Don't  get me wrong,the dealer has been awsome, one of the best.
But not so much with Hobie Direct.
:0(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Hobie Outback (dune)

Ring King

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013
The Vantage seat in the Compass has been simplified as well. No height adjustment on this one although you can still adjust the back angle and the lumbar support.  It's also removable to be used as a beach chair.

The Hobie square hatch will work on this model in front of the seat for those that need a little extra storage.

And it has been confirmed that the MD180 will fit this hull it just doesn't come with one in order to save a little money.

SOMA

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Truthfully,
After purchasing the Revo 13 and dealing with Hobie (lack of) Customer Service, I don't think I would ever purchase another product from them again.
Don't  get me wrong,the dealer has been awsome, one of the best.
But not so much with Hobie Direct.
:0(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

OK, with post on two threads today, we get it!  You are not fond of Hobie kayaks.

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007

To be clear ...
I like Hobie Kayaks,
Just not Hobie (lack of) Customer Support.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hobie Outback (dune)

Scurvy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
I very much like my Revo-16.  I would like to have an Outback or Revo-13 too.

Frankly, what I'd really like to see from Hobie is something for ocean use that is more maneuverable than my Revo-16 and better in the surf, but still reasonably fast (i.e., seaworthy in chop, waves, and wind), wide enough to stand up, with a more user-friendly cockpit, AND (here's the kicker) made in fiberglass.  Behold: the New Hobie Fish Tamer-15.

FishingAddict

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007

To be clear ...
I like Hobie Kayaks,
Just not Hobie (lack of) Customer Support.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Your comments remind  me of Elkhornsun. 
2018 Hobie Revolution 13 Cheeesy Orange Papaya
2019 Hobie Revolution 11 Seagrass Green

Ariel Sea

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I'm 6'4" as well and my legs stretched out very well. It's doesn't look like it in the Hobie photos but us tall guys will not have a problem. The seat is very comfortable. You can drop the seat to it lower position. The only adjustment on the seat are the side straps that will adjust the back rest.

I took it out Sunday and Monday tested climbing in and out of the Compass with my wet suit. Very smooth getting in with out anything snagging onto my wetsuit. One thing I love the most about the Compas is the dry hull weight of 68lbs it is very light and easy to press over my head. The rotomolded handles/finger slots are pretty crappy and useless.

If this was my Compass the only modifications I would make is to upgrade the drive to ST Turbo fins. I tried it with the regular drive it comes with and felt that it was really slow. Brought my Turbo Fin drive the next day and the compass was a lot faster. I'd also get rid of the 3D printed looking track system and replacing them with custom fabricated stainless steel or aluminum tracks. I installed a Scotty fast track adaptor and Scotty rod holder to use while trolling for Salmon and I noticed lots of flex on the plastic Track. Plus don't trust the Scotty fast track adaptor they have been known to break at the Crappy T-Bolt so just held the rod my hands. I would also add aftermarket handles to assist with lifting and loading the Compass.

I like the Compass and would like to get one for diving.
2019 Hobie Outback Camo
2019 Hobie Adventure Island
2019 Stealth Kayaks 555
2019 Stealth Powerfisha 16
2020 Solo Skiff

HamachiJohn

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
On BWE, a guy installed a square hatch in the center and moved the round hatch to the front.  More storage options.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31946
Down to 1 Hobie Revo...

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
I very much like my Revo-16.  I would like to have an Outback or Revo-13 too.

Frankly, what I'd really like to see from Hobie is something for ocean use that is more maneuverable than my Revo-16 and better in the surf, but still reasonably fast (i.e., seaworthy in chop, waves, and wind), wide enough to stand up, with a more user-friendly cockpit, AND (here's the kicker) made in fiberglass.  Behold: the New Hobie Fish Tamer-15.

This! Well, except in carbon fiber instead of fiberglass. If you're going to dream you might as well go all out...
Born in Arizona
Moved to Babylonia
Got a condo made of stone-a

anything