Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:22:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 23, 2024, 11:40:20 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:50:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[April 23, 2024, 06:21:18 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 05:53:10 PM]

by &
[April 23, 2024, 05:23:24 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Last night's storm in SLV...  (Read 832 times)

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Was just plain crazy!  Woke up at 3AM to what sounded like a jet engine taking off?  Or the sound of a river raging out of control?  Or like a tornado just touched down!?  Not sure how to describe it but it was crazy sounding for sure.  It was only a hail storm, with a little bit larger than pea sized hail, continued for about 15-20 mins?  Then just rain after that.  I can imagine the whole town of Boulder Creek was woken up by it.
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
3am......IT HIT!!( in pinole)  The house was ROARING!  Cat was freekin out!  Must have been that hail!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:52:11 AM by FisHunter »
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

raydon

• Sea Lion
  • Fishy in the sea, won't you bite my hook for me?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
You girlie boys complaining about rain and hail. :smt044

Clayman

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
The storm was pretty cool up here in the hinterlands.  For most of yesterday, it was dumping rain.  The rain continued into last night.  Then, all of a sudden, the pitter-patter on the roof turned to silence.  Look outside, and the rain had suddenly converted to fat snowflakes.  Woke up this morning to about 6 inches of fresh powder.  I love seeing/hearing that transition.
aMayesing Bros.

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Was just plain crazy!  Woke up at 3AM to what sounded like a jet engine taking off?  Or the sound of a river raging out of control?  Or like a tornado just touched down!?  Not sure how to describe it but it was crazy sounding for sure.  It was only a hail storm, with a little bit larger than pea sized hail, continued for about 15-20 mins?  Then just rain after that.  I can imagine the whole town of Boulder Creek was woken up by it.

Hell yeah,,  I've lived up on this ridge top for nearly 20 years, never before heard it hammer the house like it did last night...     The whole house shook at one point, almost like an earthquake.   Unbeliveable the power didn't go out.
Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

CGN-38

• Del Valle Storm Trooper
  • Sea Lion
  • Survivor Del Valle FnC 09'
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
:smt006

Not sure about 3am for us in Felton, I apparently can sleep through nuke going off, but earlier around 7ish, we had some MONSTER sized rain drops hit our roof!  This morning in my driveway there was a fresh widow maker branch laying on the ground.  Not too big maybe 3"(At trunk side) but still glad it landed where it did.
  My little creek has been roaring for last week!  SO glad I got my roof done before the rains hit!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 07:53:46 AM by CGN-38 »

Member/survivor STORM TROOPER Brigade

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
You girlie boys complaining about rain and hail. :smt044

:smt005

Easy Raydon !
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

Fish Master1

• If it bleeds I can kill it.
  • Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
..........Sincerly A-Hull Muggle.

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
The wind blew the rain up into a crack under an eave and now my attic is saturated, sheetrock is soggy, and I will be tearing it all out and replacing it. Fuckin rains it pours. I am glad it was not worse than it was, only took 1:40 minutes for anyone to return a call or text. In fact, only one text returned last night, three this morning and only call was this morning saying what I already knew-he was passed out drunk. You find out who your friends are, and who you really need to drop things for and rush to help them, when you stick your hand out. I am disenchanted, but I will make do. :smt006
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

Fish Master1

• If it bleeds I can kill it.
  • Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Should have put a cork in it! Duh!
..........Sincerly A-Hull Muggle.

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Around 7:30PM here the power went out. Was out until around 4:30AM.
Wind like a MO FO!
I went to my truck to get my diving light and was pelted with branches from the big cedar in my yard (which I parked under rather than the giant oak).
Neighbor lost a HUGE oak in his front yard. Luckily if fell the right way and didn't crush his house or vehicles.
No damage here thank goodness.
Sat at the bar during the first part of the outage enjoying one of my favorite beverages watching the big digger pine and pondo pine out back sway in the wind absolutely amazed at how much punishment they take and still stand.
<=>

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011

The wind blew the rain up into a crack under an eave and now my attic is saturated, sheetrock is soggy, and I will be tearing it all out and replacing it. Fuckin rains it pours. I am glad it was not worse than it was, only took 1:40 minutes for anyone to return a call or text. In fact, only one text returned last night, three this morning and only call was this morning saying what I already knew-he was passed out drunk. You find out who your friends are, and who you really need to drop things for and rush to help them, when you stick your hand out. I am disenchanted, but I will make do. :smt006

Man, that blows... I'm sure you know this, but get that wet stuff out ASAP! Once the mold sets in and the spores start flying, you're fighting a losing battle...

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011

Wow. We're near the summit, just off of 17, and only rain for us. So, does this mean more steelhead are moving into the San Lorenzo River?
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
It was a balmy 82* today with occasional light sprinkling and a 6-8 knot wind.  Got my toes in the sand with a drink in my hand...

..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker