Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:35:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:18:32 PM]

[Today at 01:09:18 PM]

[Today at 11:46:31 AM]

[Today at 10:38:46 AM]

[Today at 10:16:10 AM]

[Today at 08:56:12 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[April 23, 2024, 06:21:18 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Second Annual Pay It Forward Paddle Official Report! 6-25-2011  (Read 20752 times)

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Having a hard time getting my videos off the card. Oh well, here is my report: I had fun.

Seriously though, it was awesome! Got to the vet's memorial campground at 11:30 or so, and all the A-hulls were asleep. Woke all them briefly, and was told to go to sleep. Woke up at 6 and headed for the launch. Shilo at my side, we embarked on our journey.  I, naturally caught the first fish, a little copper, but the skunk would not be spraying and my dog gets to live! Then I get another one, a tree rockfish, very cool fish, never caught one that far north, usually just around San Diego, so it was kinda neat. Then Shilo caught a tree fish too! Finished the day with two blacks, copper, and tree rockfish, two sandabs. Shilo, got a gopher, tree, black, and two sandabs. The food was great, special kudos to the WSB ceviche! The raffle was awesome!! I won a spa treatment packet, and payed it forward to the old lady pretty darn fast! I also payed forward the other prize of a kayak rental to someone who could use it, and seeing the generous nature, that only NCKA has, was nothing short of having fun. Great to see Marvin and Mooch looking great, and on the water again! So to not bee too long winded, and to paraphrase, I had fun.
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
I can't say "Thank you" enough!  :smt008 But I can truly say this = LOVE YOU ALL  :smt008

Fish Flogger

• Wishin' I was Fishin'
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
OMG I'm still tired. Such an amazing event. Can't wait to do it again next year. A big thanks to everyone who contributed.

-FF
-FF

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
    See there,,,    exactly why Craig  wanted to start the race at 8 am.     We missed out on all the OTW fun...  :smt010
  Didn't miss a thing at the food table though !    FishMaster's Chicken..  Jedmo Ceviche...   There was no shortage of food or drink... or prizes. :smt002
   I was so sore the next day...  Advil didn't help.   Still I had a big smile on my face thinking about it.    Truthfully , if  we were both paddling the same boat  I would'nt have  been able to keep up with The Ravensblack.   It must have been his new paddle...  :smt044       BTW.  Raptors avg speed over that 3.3 mile course was 4.1 mph.    Not too bad for an old man paddling it.

BigJim...  I'm glad you got the Mosquito !   You deserved it after all you put in to make this event happen.  Thank YOU too Sara and Al, and everyone else who made  this event happen.   You're all awesome , and I'm humbled to be in your company.

JIm, you are a gentleman and a great guy for doing all this. Wow ! We were going 4.1 thats great. I look forward to fishing with you soon. Up here or down there. I really liked your spirit and your way about you. It felt like we had known each other for sometime. I am graced to call you a new friend. Thanks so much. Craig

PS you got that contagious smile man. Awesome!
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
  :smt006   Thanks my Brother !    same feelings here ...    :smt001   

Great photos and vids  everyone  !!!   keep em coming.
Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

Shicken

• HAC
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2006
Big thanks to everyone from my family and I.  This group is amazing, and its an honor to be a part of it.

-Marvin

LilRiverMan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Our pleasure Marv. Can't wait to try out the new rod. That spiral eyelet configuration may become all the rage. Read the blank specs -perfect for yak fishing. Thanks
Winner, 2012 Fisherman's Warehouse, Tiki Lagoon - Stripers.

Proud paddler - Pay it Forward Paddle 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018

In the game of biggest fish, if you can't enjoy routinely gettin' your ass handed to you, by great fishermen, then you don't belong in the NCKA.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

guitarzan

• Sea Lion
  • Its Madness.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2006
Elk 2008 Winner
Mooch strong
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56542681@N08/sets/
I sure do miss you guys.

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Great video!  Sailing back from the red can with all you guys in tow was crazy fun.

Thanks to the A-Hulls and prize sponsors for making it all happen for an honorable cause.   The food and company was the best!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:11:19 PM by ChuckE »
Winner - 2023 ARW Halibut Derby "King of the Wall"
Winner - 2018 ARW Halibut Handline Derby
Winner - 2013 Doran Beach Crabfest
2nd Place - 2012 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner (Biggest Rock Crab) - 2010 Half Moon Bay Crabfest
Winner - 2009 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner - 2009 Paradise Halibut Hunt
Winner - 2007 NCKA Angler of the Year
Winner "Grand Slam" - 2007 Bendo @ Mendo III
2nd Place - 2007 Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Derby
Winner - 2004 Santa Cruz Kayak Fishing Derby

Fish Flogger

• Wishin' I was Fishin'
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
Thanks for the ride Chuck  :smt006

-FF
-FF

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Had a great time with great friends!!

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
How many kayakers did ChuckE tow?

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Nice Vid Jim!!

Thank you everyone who had anything to do with Pay it Forward 2011, we all made this happen together, and boy, what a turnout!!

See what can be accomplished when people come together? Keep up the momentum and speak up for your cause, whatever it is, and PAY IT FORWARD BABY!!!!!

And Congrats to Daniel dpshim for the big win!!!!! I was very happy the Kayak was won by someone present at the event so we could all take part in the immediate celebration.  :smt004

Much Love,
Sara

Sarah

Good job on the raffle and participating in the taco throw down. Your street tacos were muy bien.

scott
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
Mystery of the day: I never sat down on the sand. After returning home, I had to sweep up about two cups of sand off the floor.  :smt102

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
The weather was cooler than expected, but a couple of beers made life a lot more comfy.

anything