Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:21:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:56:12 AM]

[Today at 08:46:36 AM]

[Today at 08:45:08 AM]

[Today at 08:01:43 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:50:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[April 23, 2024, 06:21:18 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: RBC2  (Read 21863 times)

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Wow - great stuff all around.

Don - that's awesome!!!   :smt001
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

dilbeck

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
the Family expressed interest in hitting the big blue.... 

The Fam was Great, motivated...4:30 wake up call

I'm busier than a centipede at a toe counting contest..

wife is fishing????  :smt004 cool... Hooks Up!!! small Back but that is all it took...

The Madness is on...  she is all over it, I'm blown away...

Their looking at me like I've lost my mind... they want to still fish!!!

I'm Blown away... My wife is bitten by the Madness!!!  I've been doing this for over 6 years... and here we are, and that's great, but these conditions are not good...

pack it up and just so proud of my family taking on those conditions and handling the Big Blue like old salts...  They really had fun and can't wait to get back put there...

I can only hope that some day I too will be so lucky!

I'm busier than a centipede at a toe counting contest..

LMAO!!

jonesz

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
Thanks first of all to Joe, Lawrenzo, Allen and Jack for all your efforts to make this a fun weekend. Allen thanks for making my laugh muscles cramp up!! :smt044 That bike ride was halarious!!!  :smt005 Really enjoyed the NCKA company. Tasty grub and good conversation. Congrats to the winning anglers, getting anything was an acomplishment in that red tide. As usual, the ocean was FAC the day AFTER  the tourny..............

Pacifico

• Oye! Que Vida!
  • Sea Lion
  • 12 seconds! That's all I need!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
In a word... SuperBadAss!!!  Joe, Lorenzo, and the rest of their crew throw one hell of a shindig.  I'm glad things fell into place and I was able to make the time to go. 

As usual I rolled up with Art, who decided that he wanted to test out his new "Crawler".

The tires on that baby are meant for nothing less than crawling.

I knew I'd be too lazy to put up the tent so I drove up in my own truck instead.

Art's truck has about a 3 gallon tank and his 4 Cyl. engine is getting about 19 MPG so we stopped for gas twice before we even got to smell salt in the air.

The plan was to drop by the Hog Island Oyster Company to grab some oysters for the pot luck.  The place was busy, all of the picnic tables were already reserved.  Seems like a cool place to kick it.

Of course Art gets a little bit pissed that he had to wait in line.  He figures if he's dropping some serious coin there for 50 oysters they should roll out the red carpet...

With him being the oyster connesseur that he is he had to taste the product before dropping the coin.

He explains the importance of letting the oyster sit at the back of your throat so that you can get a real sense of the characterists of the flavor.  He claims he can tell the oysters lineage by simply examining the shell and sampling the meat.

He also suggests pairing oysters with a little sumpin' sumpin' ale... I agree with him on this.

After paying for the oysters we immediately move the party to my truck, in the parking lot, and commence to taste a few more oysters to be sure that they are all of high quality...they are.  Once on the road we were really worried about the oysters going bad so every five miles or so we would stop for another test.

On the way up to the barn we came across the bike race...

The fact that the racers were impeding Art's ability to arrive at the Barn with a fresh batch of oysters really sent him over the top and he started to yell obscenities at them.  Which in turn led to an unpleasant conversation...

Finally, we arrived at the barn where most people were returning from their day of fishing.

We made our rounds saying hello to everyone and meeting people we hadn't met before.

Mooch being the rockstar that he is was napping so that he'd have the energy to party late into the early evening.

A little later the food was being cooked and the awards were being given. Here's a picture of the group.

As the sun went down the party really got started

After a while it started to sprinkle a bit and I decided to head off and get some sleep.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up and seen this...

Sledge made Mooch a breakfast drink (Vodka with Agave sugar)

A little later the grills were fired up and breakfast was being sliced, diced, and grilled, that was some really good stuff.

Barbie had a special place in the kitchen

A little while later Art and I said our good bye's and headed up towards Stillwater Cove to look around.  After checking out Stillwater Cove we decided to turn back and head on home.  I made the U turn first and took off but didn't see Art behind me so I pulled over and waited for a few minutes.  Still nothing so I turned back around to find out where he was.  Turns out the "Crawler" had gotten stuck in about 3 inches of dirt, Art was grinding gears, trying to get some forward momentum but the crawler wasn't getting anywhere.  Finally after the tranny had just about given up and the knobbies on his wheels had just about melted off he made it out of the dirt.  He was so proud of himself. Of course he had to stop and pour some of the gas from his gas container into the tank because he burned 2 of the 3 gallons trying to get out of that powder pit.

Thanks for the fun time Joe, Lorenzo, and crew.  It was good to see everyone there having such a good time.  Especially Sledge, he really is a Sledgend.

Here are some random pics I took.  The blurry one's are supposed to be that way...

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 07:56:18 AM by Pacifico »
Rub-cifico

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
You guys didn't really drive up to SHELTER Cove did you????
<=>

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Pacifico....

Another master piece....    :notworthy:
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
WOW!

Looks like a great time for sure!!!

CONGRATS to all who won, placed, fished, partied and hosted!

WTG Joe, Lorenzo and Allen!!!

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

Jacks

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Congrats 9erfan for catchin a hog in those tough conditions.  Thanks Joe, Lorezeno, and Allen for another epic event.

iroelikethat

• Fish! It's whats for dinner!
  • Sea Lion
  • 42 in the left 38 in the right-Feather River
  • View Profile JeffE's Myspace Page
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
wow you guys do tell really good stories. great photos too!
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -Chinese proverb
South Bay Safety Squad - TEAM CAPTAIN  Screen name generator and General Instigator from Decatur

FKV-1 2005 Liquid Logic Manta Ray (Decommissioned)
FKV-2 2010 Hobie Outback (Decommissioned)
FKV-3 2014 Jackson Cuda (In-service)
FKV-4 2017 Hobie Outback (Inaugural Pacific Mission/ Christening - Albion- Aug 10th 2017)

NovatoDave

• We're On a Boat!
  • Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2011
First a HUGE Thanks to all my NCKA Brothers and Sisters for another slice of Heaven! Y'all rock it like nobody's business!

So I am looking for my HENDERSON WETSUIT, was rinsing it with the hose by the fish cleaning sink on the picnic table when I was talking to Tiny. Anybody seen it, have it? It's black with blue stripes and say's "Henderson" down the legs. I'm 6'2 so it's LONG!

Please holler at me 415-328-9453 if you have it or know who does. THANKS AGAIN TO ALL!

We're On A Boat! - Team Something rides again! (One day they'll say "Those guys are really something!"

See you all soon, can't wait! PEACE!
The tug is the drug.... BAM!

2012 Albion Open 7th Place - (I know huh?!)
2011 Albion Open 7th Place

kayakjack

• Sea Lion
  • kayakjack
  • View Profile
wow!!  i have hung with some pretty fun crowds before but the ncka crew is the best. Ernest(lucky 13), your hot-pot spread blew my mind. That broth was spectacular. I must have more. I would love to get my chubby little hands on some of that spice mix you used.  Joe, you did a great job putting this event together. Many thanks to chadrock,Solsrfr1,baitnbeer,chuwy4, for helping out in the fishtacoshack. Thank you to Ravensblack for the pico de gallo and mole sauces. Thanks to Jonesz for cleaning and seasoning my big pan. That was better than a foot rub.  Congrats to 9erfan on the victory. He went home with a new kayak and several hundred dollars in cash.

Will

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
congrats anthony... awesome fish for a tough day of conditions...

thanks joe and all the guys who put this gig together... it was nice seeing you guys again... hope to see you all on the water!  awesome shirts by the way... id buy more if your making an order..
 :smt001

Pacifico

• Oye! Que Vida!
  • Sea Lion
  • 12 seconds! That's all I need!
  • View Profile
You guys didn't really drive up to SHELTER Cove did you????

Why yes we did not.  My bad, it was Stillwater Cove.
Rub-cifico

RawYak

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
This was my first NCKA event and my first time on the salt for a looooong time.  Conditions beat the hell out of me. It was the first time I came home sore from a half-day of yak fishing in a while.  I had a great time, even without a wink of sleep the night before.   :smt004

Thanks to Joe, Lorenzo, and everybody else who contributed.  I will surely be  back if there is a RBC3 next year.  It was great meeting everyone I was able to chat with out there.  The food was great also.  I'll be sure to test my party skills and stay for the night next time.   :smt003

Thanks again and congrats to 9erfan on pulling out the victory in tough conditions out there.  (too bad my raiders couldn't do the same.) That ling almost has me motivated to get back on the ocean real soon.   :smt007

anything