Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:03:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Networking in NCKA / What do you do for a living? / post here  (Read 160127 times)

Cpt Caveman

• John...Loser of gear in rocks...
  • Sand Dab
  • Look up "old gregg" on youtube. Yourewelcome.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Certified Nurse Assistant/file clerk at a jail

Started out as a caregiver (noncertified work) at a memory care facility for a year and a half, then I went to school for a month while working to get certified and then moved up to CNA at a skilled facility working graves for 2 years and now moved on up to the jail for almost 3 years now. I have topped out and am contemplating my next move. *to be continued*

I have held the titles of
PFC
Bread Delivery Driver
Gas Station Attendant
Line Cook
Environmental Ground Water Tech
Mounted Patrol Guard (unarmed)
Caregiver
CNA
Clerk
Step Dad
Husband

It's been a wild ride
Rebuilding my kit, last year I put everything on the curb for free. Some lucky guy and his gal scooped everything. Remind me never to do that again.
Items needed:
4mm wetsuit 2xl?           
vhf                                  new paddle (using my paddles from 1996)
lip gripper                       crab pot
new yak...(in my dreams)

weldhuntfish

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2015
Man this networking thread was hard to find! Why in the " for sale" section? Seems like a funkdified place for it. Anywho im Travis and lovin ncka so reckon il fill u in on my life in a nutshell. Im a welder/ironworker & certified associate welding inspector soon to be full inspector, maybe. Over ten welding certs too. Im the fab guy. Im 28 and started welding freshman year in beginners welding.then advanced welding sophomore year. Then advanced teachers aid junior n senior year.shop rat since 14! Momma said here, go to college il pay for it. I said no thanks mom, I wanna build shit, put it towards your retirement. And here I am, 28 and never been unemployed. Started building railings n spiral staircases n such at 17 at a shop here in loomis. Briefly after graduated to structural steel. I-beams, columns, stairs, hand rail, guard rail, canopies, stainless and aluminum,  if it can possibly be built, I can build it. If it makes a molten pool, I can weld it. Tig, mig, dual shield,  fcaw, spool gun or anytting u neeed! Im one of 3 shop leads and additionally ( as of 4 days ago ) got a massive promotion. My work recently ordered a CNC ( computer numerically controlled ) beamline and also a CNC laser. Which the bosses decided I would be the best candidate to run and maintain. No pressure right? Lol. Our first cnc beamline just arrived and is pending install starting tomorrow 9/15/15. Followed by the laser which is in route. When not working im hunting or fishing usually. Im a bit rough around the edges. Im usually dirty as hell. I dont have much of a filter and usually say what needs to be said so sorry if I seem lippy sometimes,  its nothing personal!!! I blame it on working in a shop with a bunch of tattoo face felons lol  :smt002. Bring over a 30 pack if you need to fab some shit up!
" The fish are where you find em ". Grandpa. R.I.P & fuck you cancer!

DG

• Sea Lion
  • First joined in 2013
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014

Man this networking thread was hard to find! Why in the " for sale" section? Seems like a funkdified place for it. Anywho im Travis and lovin ncka so reckon il fill u in on my life in a nutshell. Im a welder/ironworker & certified associate welding inspector soon to be full inspector, maybe. Over ten welding certs too. Im the fab guy. Im 28 and started welding freshman year in beginners welding.then advanced welding sophomore year. Then advanced teachers aid junior n senior year.shop rat since 14! Momma said here, go to college il pay for it. I said no thanks mom, I wanna build shit, put it towards your retirement. And here I am, 28 and never been unemployed. Started building railings n spiral staircases n such at 17 at a shop here in loomis. Briefly after graduated to structural steel. I-beams, columns, stairs, hand rail, guard rail, canopies, stainless and aluminum,  if it can possibly be built, I can build it. If it makes a molten pool, I can weld it. Tig, mig, dual shield,  fcaw, spool gun or anytting u neeed! Im one of 3 shop leads and additionally ( as of 4 days ago ) got a massive promotion. My work recently ordered a CNC ( computer numerically controlled ) beamline and also a CNC laser. Which the bosses decided I would be the best candidate to run and maintain. No pressure right? Lol. Our first cnc beamline just arrived and is pending install starting tomorrow 9/15/15. Followed by the laser which is in route. When not working im hunting or fishing usually. Im a bit rough around the edges. Im usually dirty as hell. I dont have much of a filter and usually say what needs to be said so sorry if I seem lippy sometimes,  its nothing personal!!! I blame it on working in a shop with a bunch of tattoo face felons lol  :smt002. Bring over a 30 pack if you need to fab some shit up!

You built yourself a good career.  And beer buys fab work.  I like it. 
-----------------------------------
NorCAL HOW Volunteer

2018 NCKA - DOTY Committee Member

2017 DOTY 2 biggest fish awards
2016 DOTY 2nd place / 4 biggest fish awards
2016 Triton X - 2nd place
2016 Triton Open - Biggest Lingcod
2014 DOTY - 1 biggest fish award

weldhuntfish

• Salmon
  • View Profile
In order:

1. Multi pass full pen weld
2. Backstop for tunnel boring machine to push off of that recently drilled 21 miles of train tunnels near sf chinatown
3. Custom rolled plate to create custom sized pipe
4 & 5. Before n after stainless tig welding n blending ( for yahoo's event stage )
6. I beam n full pen baseplate
7. My 9" axle in my jeep
8. Some stair doodad

exhibita

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Nice work man - I'm putting you in my contact file - that stuff comes up in my line of work all the time.

weldhuntfish

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Right on. Thanks guys!

seabird

• Salmon
  • Oh my GAHWD Jay, It's a baby fahkin WHEEL jay
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
I'm a web developer, currently working for the man; I make fancy websites.

chuwy4

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Glad to see this thread. I know many of these posts are about what you do and not much about help. But I want to reach just because there are many successful members here with great careers willing to lend a hand.

So Here I go.
Well, a few jobs for me;
Liqour store clerk
Bus boy on the weekends
Construction

And now im currently a night time meat supervisor for whole foods market. Been there for 10 years as I attended CSUEB  and went through LOS MEDANOS COLLEGE FIRE PROGRAM/ACADEMY/EMT. I then became a volunteer fire fighter for River Delta Fire where I had to stop 2 months ago due to work and family.

I have many certs related to fire.

I appreciate any and all the help I can get.

Thanks,
Chuwy

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:26:56 AM by chuwy4 »

BayAreaFishOn

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2016
Hello all,
New to ncka and thought I'd share a little about myself. I've worked at many different places from subway for 5.15 hr in Arizona (first job and it sucked) to working in a lab with chemists packaging and quality control. I have always worked on cars and have always been a part time mechanic but now that is my full time job. I am self employed and do fairly well for myself and I am trying to save up enough to own my own shop. I work on all cars but love the old schools. I own a 74 nova 4door sleeper that is almost done and about to get started on my 68 firebird coup 400. A lot of hobbies but it seems that cars and now this kayak fishing are the most expensive. Me get as well live life and enjoy it.

Dannarchy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016
Lets see.

Soldier
Trained Thoroughbred Horses (1996 Arkansas Derby winner and KY Derby runner Zarb's Magic)
Electrical Engineer
Field Service Manager
Director of Global Service for a Medical (Aesthetic) Device Company
Director of Service for Kittyhawk.aero
Aspirations: Fishing guide (lacking talent).

Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/danndiaz
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:53:34 PM by Dannarchy »

rockfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Right on. Thanks guys!

That is some sweet welding right there!!!
Less Mental than before, Still savage AF tho <3

IG: she_savagly_gardens

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I seen that thrust block for the tunnel in SF. I thought I may have a picture of it, but I don't. Nice skills there bro. Looks like you could weld ice cream! :smt006
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

GuihanHunter

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2017
15 Years Vehicle Maintenance Active Duty Air Force. Got tired of deploying so recently separated and now working on Travis AFB as a Cargo Loader Field Service Engineer contractor and finishing my military time to retire as a weekend warrior at Beale AFB.
2020 Hobie Compass Camo Edition
Instagram @guihanhunter
YouTube @guihanhunter

kuhl35

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
Commercial HVACR technician in the bay area

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Azkikr

• Salmon
  • View Profile