Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:19:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 11:58:24 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 09:24:28 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:37:51 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 09:08:36 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:41:07 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:12:18 AM]

[April 19, 2024, 10:54:38 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 10:40:43 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Good catfish spots?  (Read 1832 times)

MolonLabe916

• Salmon
  • View Profile Knowledge is Power.
  • Date Registered: Jan 2016
I'm still deployed at the moment but will be home this summer and looking forward to trying out my kayak for the first time. Haven't fished for catfish in a while and would like to take my kid out with me for some catfish fun.

Can anyone recommend any good spots to try for some good size cats? I know clear Lake is good but I've never fished there and it's a pretty big Lake.

Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Joe Mag. Green/black WS Radar 135.

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

www.Freediveshop.com

SRJ

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
Clear Lake is an amazing catfish fishery. Try south end of the lake in Cache Creek. Use you fish finder to graph the deep holes and you'll find them.

MolonLabe916

• Salmon
Unfortunately I don't yet have a fish finder. But I'll go and give it a try anyway. Is there a place to launch at the south end of the lake that you are talking about?

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

www.Freediveshop.com

SRJ

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Launch at Redbud and head south around indian island and that is the mouth of Cache Creek. Paddle in the main channel and go up at least a mile. Fish on the bends, that is where I usually find deeper water. Have caught many cats in there from 12-20 pounds.

Kayakfish7

• Salmon
  • Rain or shine fish on
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2017
Ocean Kayak Trident 13 follow me @kayakfish7

MolonLabe916

• Salmon
Awesome thanks for the tips! I really appreciate it.  So I'm guessing I'll need an anchor to sit on those spots?

Mark Twain

www.Freediveshop.com

Sarge

• William Wirt
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
MolonLabe916 hit me up when you get home. I will fish with you.
Hobie Dealer Pro Staff
Ling Ling Jigs Pro Staff
http://www.linglingjigs.com 
2017, 27th Shasta Bass Classic
2016, 13th place AOTY
2015, 2nd Place Team GS9 (Team Pacific Outfitters)

SRJ

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Depending where you are on the creek you can paddle your kayak partially into the cattails or tie off on shore to a limb, tree or stump. Lots of places to tie off to on shore and cast to deep water.

reelfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
The delta has Channel cats, Blue cats and Flathead cats I have caught them in most of the Delta. Its always a good place to try.
But Clearlake has some Quality cats. 

MolonLabe916

• Salmon
MolonLabe916 hit me up when you get home. I will fish with you.

Roger that sarge. Sounds good to me.

And thanks for the tips guys. Much appreciated.

Mark Twain

www.Freediveshop.com

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
I don't know much about catfishing, but thank you for your service!

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

MolonLabe916

• Salmon
I don't know much about catfishing, but thank you for your service!

Thanks for your support! We do what we can out here. Which hasn't been a whole lot up until trump got in of course. Now we are actually takin care of business!  Goes to show you how much can change when you go from a pussy of a president who is only there to collect a pay check, to someone who wants to get shit done and ACTUALLY DOES IT.

Sorry to get political but I've just seen and experienced too much shit go on in the last 8 years that we weren't allowed to do anything about.

Anyway. Thanks again for the help guys. Looking forward to getting home for some long overdue leave.  I'll definitely be cashing in on sarge's offer and I'll be sure to post up when I figuess out what date I'll be fishing in case anyone else wants to meet up. 

Mark Twain

www.Freediveshop.com

Jinggo

• Sand Dab
  • " all the way Airborne"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
Thanks for the service brother! I feel your sentiment about our past Cmdr-in Chief. I felt the same way when I served from Bush to Clinton. Anyways yes Clear Lake is the place for quality catfish and crappies. There's a launch site at the south end by the SRA campsite. Good luck, see you on the water someday.
No ocean too deep, no tide too high, no weather too bad...Let’s go paddle around and have some fun! Fish on!

Ocean Kayak/ Big Game l
Hobie ProAngler 12

Pompano120

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2015
if you are taking your kids out to fish and just to have fun at clear lake and not consume the fish, Crappies would be a better choice. I've heard crappies are abundant all over the lake and they are a blast to catch. well, whatever species you go after, you should have fun regardless with your kids.
thank you for your service.

MolonLabe916

• Salmon
Thanks for the service brother! I feel your sentiment about our past Cmdr-in Chief. I felt the same way when I served from Bush to Clinton. Anyways yes Clear Lake is the place for quality catfish and crappies. There's a launch site at the south end by the SRA campsite. Good luck, see you on the water someday.

Thank you for your service as well sir! And thanks for the tips.

I hear the crappie go pretty deep there in the summers. Is that true or are they still found in their usual spots around structure?

Mark Twain

www.Freediveshop.com

anything