Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:27:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jp52
[Today at 01:21:06 PM]

[Today at 01:09:18 PM]

[Today at 11:46:31 AM]

[Today at 10:38:46 AM]

[Today at 10:16:10 AM]

[Today at 08:56:12 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[April 23, 2024, 06:21:18 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: NEED HELP--Took my Hobie Island to dealer and they DAMAGED IT  (Read 5917 times)

Afgvegas

• Sand Dab
  • =Live Life= 1God, Get Rich,Travel,Buy a" Hobie Ti"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016
Hi everyone,

I purchased my Hobie T.I a couple months back and when bought new, they deliver it inside a big white package. After 1 time sailing I realized the rudder controls are totally off so I called the dealer back. They emailed me back with a date to bring back for repair which took a few days. The day I picked it back up it started raining so hard that we just tide it down and left.

When it got dry in my garage and I pass by it and I realize 2 bad dents and deep deep scratches all around it as if they dropped it. It does look worst in person then in pics.

I called the dealer and there saying it's not there fault and I must of done it. They said it either happened while transport or while I'm launching it. I could not believe his forensics on this. My trailer is custom and fully patted and my tie downs could never make these dents. Secondly, if I launched, does he think we launch our boats through a battleship torrent to which it must of hit the side so bad  to dent it. Even if it was dropped, I don't think these boats are that flimsy to not endure the impact. When we take it to the water, we gently guide it in the water from the nose first and then go from there which doesn't even make sense to make these dents.

They offered if i want, even though its not there fault, they will repair meaning buff out which any other guy can do it on there own. They don't care about the boat now that it's sold, the repair guy will sand it out deep to not show the scratches but intern will thin the thickness of that area ?? If I'm not mistaken.

When I took it in they didn't even give me a repair order or something to cover themselves and this happens. They say It happen while under my own possession. I cannot believe they damage and then blame me. I told them no one will scratch a BRAND NEW boat to get another new boat.

After all this, I took it back to them and have not picked it back up with there damage they did.

What's you guys thought about the situation. I want to be fare but don't they have to assume full responsibility.

Thanks

Alex
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 05:26:23 PM by Afgvegas »

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
If it was damaged in their possession, they should be taking full responsibility for the situation.  If you inspected it after purchase, and know that's not the condition you left it in, then they should take care of it.  For the price you paid for that TI it should be flawless.  This wouldn't be a shop in Oakland would it?

The dents will usually come out though, given time and sometimes a little heat they generally pop back out.  Scratches, well they add character.
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

Tinker

That looks more like a crease than a dent and if the hull is creased, it's never going to come out and it probably weakened that area.

Somebody owes you something but I haven't a clue how to get it corrected to your satisfaction.

Bummer.

I would start getting everything the dealer/shop says in writing and work through them as long as I can stand it, then go to Hobie.  You have to give the dealer a chance, hard as that may be.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 10:58:14 AM by Tinker »

AlsHobieOutback

• Administrator
  • View Profile

Afgvegas

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
What's your experience then, also the link  you sent, it says "either pulled off or it's off limits to you".

Well since I know 1000% I didn't  damage a boat I just paid $7k and babies it and spent another $3k on motor and extra parts getting it ready and that's not counting all other cloths and gear to come.
I make sure they get awakened by my brother inlaw thats a 30 year business lawyer if they don't work with me.

AlsHobieOutback

• Administrator
  • View Profile
Try again, it looks like you just reached 10 posts.

AlsHobieOutback

• Administrator
  • View Profile
What's your experience then, also the link  you sent, it says "either pulled off or it's off limits to you".

Well since I know 1000% I didn't  damage a boat I just paid $7k and babies it and spent another $3k on motor and extra parts getting it ready and that's not counting all other cloths and gear to come.
I make sure they get awakened by my brother inlaw thats a 30 year business lawyer if they don't work with me.

My experience is that it's a common theme at CCK.  The Thresher situation, the Moken rod holder situation, my own situaiton, and now yours.  They act like they have no responsibility for any of these mishaps, until they are flamed on the site.  I'd show you more posts if they hadn't been deleted already.

AlsHobieOutback

• Administrator
  • View Profile
Curious, did you check the S/N to make sure it's the same boat they returned to you?  Locate near the rudder etched into the side, last 4 digits should be the year.

Afgvegas

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
I modified the rear so they couldn't have misplaced it. I think they know what they did but don't want to come forward but rather say we didn't see in security cameras and where we store it meaning the side of building, this couldn't have been CCak doing but happen either while I transported or during launching my boat. What a way to try and blame me for there doing.

I'm eager to read your experience with them.

eiboh

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2015
outch. not taking anybody sides but after spending ten thousand I'd be extremely anxious to get the problem resolved also. :smt001

Mienboy

• there's two sides to every story
  • Sea Lion
  • America, if you don't love it leave it
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Ouch,that's all I can say.hope it works out for you,that's a lot of bread.theres a few places that I'll never do business with
My biggest worry is that my wife(when I'm dead)will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it

lululala

Your dead. You took position of it .

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
That is a serious problem, IMHO. I'd contact Hobie directly and explain the situation. Hobie is famous for their customer service---in a good way.
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...

Afgvegas

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
I forgot to mention. I did take it back after the sent and AM NOT PiCKING IT BACK UP like that. I documented prior and after  pictures and the emails I have. I went with a friend both times and they are witness to it.

FishingAddict

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
You should work it out with the CCK.  I know its frustrating for you with your new TI damaged.
Be level headed and work out something mutual.  I think bashing somebody with the other party not presenting their side is not cool.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:19:10 AM by FishingAddict »
2018 Hobie Revolution 13 Cheeesy Orange Papaya
2019 Hobie Revolution 11 Seagrass Green

anything