Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:16:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Double deep Diver Set up  (Read 1573 times)

Roberbanski

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016
Hey guys

Just wanted to get your feed back on your set up for the double deep diver 7oz with Krippled anchovie

I will be in Albion this weekend.

I see that usually the leader length  between 5-6ft?

How long should it be between the deep diver to the flasher / Flasher to the lure?
Hobie Outback

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
Total length of the whole set-up when reeled to rod tip should be so that the fish can be netted when pole is lifted slightly with tip straight up.

Otherwise you'll be doing weird antics to get it close enough and risk missing the net. For me, that equals about 6'-7' overall depending on the pole I've chosen.
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

chopper

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2012
If I run a flasher its the rotary kind and I clip directly to the back of the diver, then about a 5' leader to the bait/junk/etc. As was mentioned, keep the ability to net the fish in mind. Good luck at Albion.

Cheers,
Brad

bigtuna

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
Yup, that water was pretty clear when I was at Albion.  I didn't use a flasher and hooked up with fish.  It would be one less thing to deal with.  Krippled Anchovy will do you good, check it often.  I would consider at least a 5-6 foot leader from that deep six in clear water. 

Get out EARLY EARLY EARLY.  Launch at first light and be fishing before the sun comes up.  Troll with the current, or at least across the current. Be mindful of the top/bottom of tides (slack current) as those can be hot bites in the cove.  If a top or bottom of the tide corresponds with the first/last hour of daylight this is prime time.  Let us know how you do please! 

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
I’ve been running about 8-12” between the diver and flasher, then about a 3 or 3.5 foot leader to the Krippled Anchovy. Whole setup including the DD6 is about 5.5 or 6 feet.

Good luck!

Roberbanski

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016
Thanks for the feedback everyone

Yup, that water was pretty clear when I was at Albion.  I didn't use a flasher and hooked up with fish.  It would be one less thing to deal with.  Krippled Anchovy will do you good, check it often.  I would consider at least a 5-6 foot leader from that deep six in clear water. 

Get out EARLY EARLY EARLY.  Launch at first light and be fishing before the sun comes up.  Troll with the current, or at least across the current. Be mindful of the top/bottom of tides (slack current) as those can be hot bites in the cove.  If a top or bottom of the tide corresponds with the first/last hour of daylight this is prime time.  Let us know how you do please!

Still a noob, what does this mean?
"Be mindful of the top/bottom of tides (slack current) as those can be hot bites in the cove.  If a top or bottom of the tide corresponds with the first/last hour of daylight this is prime time"

Thanks
Hobie Outback

bigtuna

• Salmon
  • View Profile
A lot of water moves in and out of the Albion river during tide changes and in my experience during peak flows the fishing slows. At the top of a high tide or at the bottom of a low tide there is less water moving and in my experience this is when salmon bite the most(condition 1). Also Salmon bite most in twlight conditions such as early hour of the morning and the last hour of the day(condition 2). So if these two conditions overlap your odds are good, but always try to fish in at least 1 of the 2 conditions

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
A lot of water moves in and out of the Albion river during tide changes and in my experience during peak flows the fishing slows. At the top of a high tide or at the bottom of a low tide there is less water moving and in my experience this is when salmon bite the most(condition 1). Also Salmon bite most in twlight conditions such as early hour of the morning and the last hour of the day(condition 2). So if these two conditions overlap your odds are good, but always try to fish in at least 1 of the 2 conditions
That holds true for just about all salmon fishing, but it makes sense that it would be even more important to hit it hard during slack tide in areas where there is more tidal flow/current.

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • I'm Glen, from the mailroom!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
The best length for the DD6/Krippled Chovie is with the DD6 at the rod tip and you are still able to net the fish when hooked.... it helps to have long arms and/or a longer rod  :smt044.

dont forget to account for the bend in the rod! :smt003

The one who dies with the most toys, WINS!

bigtuna

• Salmon
  • View Profile

• Napa Fisherman
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
for clarity do you know the actual size of the big divers? I see 001 and 002 online. Are these discontinued? They are out of stock almost everywhere and outdoor pro doesnt have them anymore I dont think

bigtuna

• Salmon
  • View Profile
My big ones are Double Deep Six No 2.  Which I presume are 002

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
for clarity do you know the actual size of the big divers? I see 001 and 002 online. Are these discontinued? They are out of stock almost everywhere and outdoor pro doesnt have them anymore I dont think
i just bought 2 002 in disco tape crystal or clear from cabelas, they are hard to find
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

LilRiverMan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Was just trying to find the depth chart for Deep Divers. I've seen one before, but currently my web searches are not turning one up. Anybody have one?  Preferably for a DD#2
Winner, 2012 Fisherman's Warehouse, Tiki Lagoon - Stripers.

Proud paddler - Pay it Forward Paddle 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018

In the game of biggest fish, if you can't enjoy routinely gettin' your ass handed to you, by great fishermen, then you don't belong in the NCKA.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • I'm Glen, from the mailroom!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
The DD6 4 is the smaller model, with. 4oz wieght; and dives to a maximum depth of 90'

The DD6 7 is the larger model with a 7oz weight, and drives deeper than 90'.
The one who dies with the most toys, WINS!

anything