Kayak Zone > Kayaks

Best peddle drive out there now?

(1/2) > >>

Squidder K:
With all the new Johnny come lately's to the peddle drive world, which peddle drive is the hands down leader?

Cost:

Ease of use:

Reverse capability:

Maintenance:

best propulsion:

Customer Support:

Comfort:

Sin Coast:
Here ya go, Kevin.
https://rapidmedia.com/kayakangler/categories/9105-pedal-boat-olympics-results.html?utm_source=Kayak+Angler+Magazine&utm_campaign=d7c30548e2-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_06_14_04_47_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_603ed3208e-d7c30548e2-90010869

One thing that stood out to me was the 100yd sprint times while paddling...on average, they’re only 2-3 seconds slower than pedaling. That’s surprising because I thought some would be much slower when paddled.

bmb:
your dealer is everything.

NowhereMan:

--- Quote from: Sin Coast on June 28, 2018, 02:53:25 PM ---Here ya go, Kevin.
https://rapidmedia.com/kayakangler/categories/9105-pedal-boat-olympics-results.html?utm_source=Kayak+Angler+Magazine&utm_campaign=d7c30548e2-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_06_14_04_47_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_603ed3208e-d7c30548e2-90010869

One thing that stood out to me was the 100yd sprint times while paddling...on average, they’re only 2-3 seconds slower than pedaling. That’s surprising because I thought some would be much slower when paddled.

--- End quote ---

Interesting that a beast like the PA could do so well. I think that speaks to the efficiency of the mirage drive.

In any case, I think the real advantage of pedal power is endurance, not speed. For example, if you want to troll at a slow steady pace all day, pedaling is the way to go.

pmmpete:

--- Quote from: NowhereMan on June 28, 2018, 03:34:13 PM ---In any case, I think the real advantage of pedal power is endurance, not speed. For example, if you want to troll at a slow steady pace all day, pedaling is the way to go.
--- End quote ---
I agree.  But another big advantage of a pedal drive kayak for fishing is that it leaves both hands free to fish, eat lunch, put on sun tan lotion, etc., while you pedal along.  For those of us with only two arms, that's rather nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version