Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:39:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Places to eat after a fishing trip......  (Read 75636 times)

Skunked

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
Any fishing/surfing near Morro Bay is not complete without a stop at Tacos De Mexico in the downtown section of Main Street.  

First - Best Salsa I've ever had.  Second - Best Mexican food in San Luis Obispo county.  Third - Incredible prices.  I can fill my large appetite for $6.  We used to go there at lunch in high school for $2.50 veggie burritos (they're $3.50 now).  The horchata is thick and creamy, not watered down.  Sensational flavors all foods.  These days, anytime I am near Morro bay, it's a ritual.  

DrHabanero

• Sea Lion
  • BigLipRipper
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
Sonoma Coast - Fort Ross
Whenever we come back form fishing or ab diving we love to stop at the marina in Bodega Bay and get their clam chowder at Spuds
Best around!!!

http://www.spudpointcrab.com/
I'll rest when I'm dead!
2016 Ocean Kayak Predator
2014 Malibu X-Factor ,2014 Malibu Mini-X
2010 Malibu X-Factor ,2006  Ocean Kayak Drifter 
2011 Yakhopper Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7   Winner!
GS4 - 4th place

jaws

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
After a day of diving or fishing, Bones Road House in Gualala has an excellent pulled pork sandwhich.

obkook

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
2 big thumbs up for Happy Taco in Half Moon Bay!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/happy-taco-half-moon-bay

Just a walleye fisherman from MN tryin' ta get salty!

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
When the stripers are not biting in Linda Mar :smt011.....go to L & L Hawaiian BBQ....it's in the shopping center across the Linda Kayak Parking lot (where Denny's is)

* it's right next to Starbucks*

calbear

• Salmon
  • Waylon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Thanks for the tip, Mooch, I love Hawaiian BBQ. Chicken katsu and katsu curry is the bomb! After I fish the Monterey area good places to eat are the sandwich shop at the Coast Guard Pier (though the owner is a total stuckup asshole but they have good beer on tap and it's location is convenient), Pho King Restaurant on Fremont St. in Seaside, or my all time favorite Mals Market on Noche Buena in Seaside. Mals has the bomb sandwiches, seriously, go there and try the philly cheese steak or the tri tip. I'm talking incredible!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:33:54 PM by calbear »
Motorized boats are for the lazy limp d!%k$

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
Jay and I found a great place at LM also. Its called Nonas and its right in the building next to where we launch at LM. Great big platefuls of food. We had burgers and the garlic fries were piled high. Lots of people and the crew moving a lot food. Couple those things together and you know you have found the spot. We were recommended there by the locals. :smt006
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

BillS

• Salmon
  • View Profile Satur8ed
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
After a morning of kayaking in Tomales bay, we always head up the road about a mile or so from Miller park and hit the Marshall Store for some oysters.   Their halibut tacos are also the bomb..   Cool kind of thing about this place.. Im guessing due to their liquor license, if you buy beer or wine you have to go outside and sit at this funky sort of bar made from wine barrels with boards laid across the top.   

http://www.themarshallstore.com/

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
or my all time favorite Mels Market on Noche Buena in Seaside. Mels has the bomb sandwiches, seriously, go there and try the philly cheese steak or the tri tip. I'm talking incredible!

YES! I go to Mal's for lunch on a weekly basis. The Bomber is excellent, as is the philly. They also have high grade meats, and other tasty treats.
If anybody in the Monterey area is looking for a burger, go to Phat Burger in Seaside. It's on Del Monte about a mile north of Embassy Suites. Convenient location for people heading out of town after fishing (Canyon del Rey exit then left on Del Monte and it's on the right). And if you go there for lunch on a friday, you'll probably see me...celebrating Phat Burger Phridays, a tradition I started at work!
OK I'm hungry now!
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

alien

• Sea Lion
  • WSB/MBK 10/01/09 56"--/46 pounds
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
or my all time favorite Mels Market on Noche Buena in Seaside. Mels has the bomb sandwiches, seriously, go there and try the philly cheese steak or the tri tip. I'm talking incredible!

YES! I go to Mal's for lunch on a weekly basis. The Bomber is excellent, as is the philly. They also have high grade meats, and other tasty treats.
If anybody in the Monterey area is looking for a burger, go to Phat Burger in Seaside. It's on Del Monte about a mile north of Embassy Suites. Convenient location for people heading out of town after fishing (Canyon del Rey exit then left on Del Monte and it's on the right). And if you go there for lunch on a friday, you'll probably see me...celebrating Phat Burger Phridays, a tradition I started at work!
OK I'm hungry now!

Dont forget JIM's ( chinese) just up the street from Phat Burger in Seaside Corner of Broadway and Del Monte Good Food and Jims special combo soup will certainly recharge your batteries after a day of fishing. Dont Blink while turning on to Broadway from Del Monte You May miss it. This place has like 8 tables but way to good to pass it up :smt001

calbear

• Salmon
  • Waylon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Funny you mentioned that place Alex, we ate there after the MBK tourney the other day. Delicious chicken curry and fried squid. We thought about it after we ordered but Ernie and Joe said they would most likely have cooked our catch if we had asked them. Great place, I wish they served beer though
Motorized boats are for the lazy limp d!%k$

baitNbeer

• Sea Lion
  • "kick his ass sea-bass!"
  • View Profile delta rats & salty bay dogs
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
PHO HUA HIEP in pleasant hill CA on my way back from the bay or marine side ocean aways hits te spot

PHO always hits the spot cuz its cheap and it feels u up
www.mossdalemilitia.com
 once you go yak , you dont go back
"But really though, I dont know how my wifes cucumber melon bodywash got in my dive bag"

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
PHO HUA HIEP in pleasant hill CA on my way back from the bay or marine side ocean aways hits te spot

Check this place out for Pho. In the Fry's shopping center in Concord so on your way home. The sandwhiches are good too. Got mixed reviews in Yelp (http://www.yelp.com/biz/saigon-bistro-concord) but for the Diablo area, pretty good Pho, IMHO. Most of the really good pho places are in the south bay.

Saigon Bistro
1701 Willow Pass Road
Concord, CA 94520
(925) 827-1231
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005

Arent you scared to fall into a pho-induced food coma after intense kayaking activity on low sleep and huge amounts of MSG?   zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shicken

• HAC
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2006
+1 for Nona's Kitchen in Pacifica. 

If you're around Ocean Beach in SF, Fredy's Deli has good sandwiches with sourdough rolls baked fresh on site.

El Gran Amigo in Moss Beach is a good taqueria.

anything