General > Site Discussion

[SITE] Soften the hard sell please

(1/14) > >>

polepole:
Been seeing more and more people posting stuff like the following:

1) Check out this other kayak fishing site or facebook page.
2) Consider a guided trip with me.
3) Buy my goods.

And have been getting more complaints about it to.

This site is not a site for one to troll up more visitors to another site.  Nor is it a site for you to use for your own marketing purposes (unless perhaps you are offering an NCKA specific special deal).  While we do enjoy patronizing site members, it's becoming increasing subjective in terms of what is allowed and what isn't.  And we don't really want that either.  So all we ask is that you all soften up the message a little.  It pretty easy actually ... ask yourself if what you are posting is answering the question being asked.  If not, then your hard sell is on.  Kindly turn it off.   :smt002

Thanks.

-Allen

Weimarian:
I'm not pushing ANYTHING anymore... No one's paying my play bills but me anymore so... Let's go fishing!!!!!

Tote:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumleft:

ppickerell:
I was contacted by mods here regarding posting links to fishing reports on my blog. I understand the issue you have brought up and appreciate the rational soft sell request. Just to clarify my blog is completely non commercial even though I believe Wordpress will display ads to those clicking on my blog. I use the blog to post my fishing/travel stuff because it provides a central place for me to store these adventures. I used to post long detailed posts to another private site but the site crashed and all was lost. I post only to private clubs such as here and Fulllspeed and often put a LOT of effort into my posts and enjoy sharing intel and lies. Let me know if that is cool.

This a great website you have here.

Bushy:

--- Quote from: ppickerell on June 03, 2015, 05:45:22 PM ---I was contacted by mods here regarding posting links to fishing reports on my blog. I understand the issue you have brought up and appreciate the rational soft sell request. Just to clarify my blog is completely non commercial even though I believe Wordpress will display ads to those clicking on my blog. I use the blog to post my fishing/travel stuff because it provides a central place for me to store these adventures. I used to post long detailed posts to another private site but the site crashed and all was lost. I post only to private clubs such as here and Fulllspeed and often put a LOT of effort into my posts and enjoy sharing intel and lies. Let me know if that is cool.

This a great website you have here.

--- End quote ---

Thanks PP!

Just cut and paste, then it's on NCKA!

Respectfully

Bushy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version