General > Recipes

Smoked Salmon Frig or Freezer

(1/3) > >>

Cabeza de Martillo:
Smoked some salmon and just vacuum sealed some. Should I keep in the frig or freezer?

Have stuck it in the freezer before but not sure if it really matters.

It normally gets eaten pretty fast but there's usually some left over.

Thanks for your input.

pmmpete:
Vacuum packed smoked fish will still be good to eat after a year if it is frozen.  The same vacuum packed smoked fish will only last a couple of weeks in the refrigerator. So freeze your smoked fish, and defrost a package when you are ready to eat it.

Jeremy:
Belly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabeza de Martillo:

--- Quote from: pmmpete on September 06, 2018, 09:36:41 PM ---Vacuum packed smoked fish will still be good to eat after a year if it is frozen.  The same vacuum packed smoked fish will only last a couple of weeks in the refrigerator. So freeze your smoked fish, and defrost a package when you are ready to eat it.

--- End quote ---

Yeah that's what I normally do. Just wanted to see if anyone did it differently.
Thanks

--- Quote from: Jeremy on September 06, 2018, 09:37:26 PM ---Belly.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

There's only so much you can eat  :smt001

AlexB:
I do the same as Pete. I always vacuum seal my smoked salmon in roughly 1 week portions and freeze it. Smoked salmon has a pretty low water content, so it thaws really quickly. Just plop a frozen vacuum baggy in a bowl of cold water and it’ll thaw in a matter of minutes, then store whatever you don’t eat right then and there in the fridge for up to a week or so. (Probably up to a few weeks is fine, but it never lasts that long once it hits the fridge).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version