Dive Zone > Kayak Diving and Spearfishing

Day off work Solo Dive

(1/2) > >>

BigJim:
Had the day off work so despite the less than ideal forecast headed down to the beach.

Saw my buddies Cory (fishfiend831) and Will at the beach so that got the morning started off right!  :smt001

I was diving solo so decided to go explore an area that I really haven't spent a lot of time at before...

Surge was pretty bad and it was often churned up on the bottom, but explored around and found a little pinnacle with some blues and took a handful, took two chunkys bnys and a small but legal Ling, and passed on 3 or 4 monkeys before moving spots.

At the final spot I looked under a ledge and saw a bright red fish heading away...at first I thought it was a small verm (even though I was only in 30 FOW lol) but then realized it was a copper and took her.

One of the brighter ones I have seen, and the biggest I have managed to take...sad but true.  :smt002

After I passed the 100 dive mark I paddled back to shore, let the DFW guy count my fish, took a hot shower while having a cold beer, waited for Will and Cory, chilled with them and then headed home to pick up Valentina and Jayme from swim practice.

Really fun day and waaaaaay better than being in the office!

:smt002

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

mtitch12:
Awesome! Nice copper! Still looking for one of those...

Mighteejoeyoung:
Carpe diem much?! LoL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LoletaEric:

--- Quote from: Mighteejoeyoung ---Carpe diem much?! LoL

--- End quote ---

:smt003

Beautiful copper!  Awesome fish ID skilz.   :smt001

BigJim:
Thanks guys!

Will be showing a family friend how to clean/cook the fish tonight so made a little 50 second vid to show her what the blues/ling/copper looked like alive...the after shot footage of the copper was off angle cuz gopro got shoved up flat when I was under ledge shooting it... #rookiemove  :smt044

Didn't bother putting in the footage of the bnys sitting on the bottom.  :smt002 :smt005

Side note, the Pathos 90 shoots like a frikkin laser beam.  :smt007

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version