Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:58:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:36:02 PM]

[Today at 07:50:22 PM]

[Today at 07:21:34 PM]

[Today at 06:47:15 PM]

[Today at 05:06:27 PM]

[Today at 04:14:59 PM]

[Today at 01:34:22 PM]

[Today at 11:23:51 AM]

[Today at 11:17:48 AM]

[Today at 07:34:09 AM]

[Today at 06:29:43 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 10:51:18 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 05:04:30 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 04:26:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 03:46:32 PM]

[March 16, 2024, 04:27:23 PM]

[March 16, 2024, 03:44:48 PM]

[March 16, 2024, 11:15:48 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Malibu x-12  (Read 4321 times)

Jason S.

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2012
I recently sold my ocean kayak trident because i wanted a new scope for my 300mag but was thinking about getting another. I really like the way the x-12 looks but have never tried one... i want it manly for the lakes and rivers because i prefer my boat for the ocean and i am curious what your opinions are on it from those of you that have paddled around in one.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rob102

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
I'm a little confused.  I know there is an X-13 and a Stealth 12.  I don't know about the X-13, but I have the Stealth 12.  You are welcome to try it out.

Jason S.

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Im sry...it is the stealth 12.....how do u like it

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
I had the Stealth 14 & was overall happy with it.  I, personally, would/could do without the livewell in it after having used it.  The X-13 started to look good after I bought the 14.  I'm sure the Stealth 12 paddles as well as the 14.  My only dislike is that the yak felt tipps as I inched forward to the front hatch.  Almost flipped it a few times trying to get to gear in the front Gator Hatch.  I like the glove box's and found it easy to get to gear as needed.  I added a rudder ... what a hastle ... then found I hardly ever needed or used it.  I'd skip the rudder if I had it to do over again.

rob102

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Im sry...it is the stealth 12.....how do u like it

I use mine for diving.  For me it's slow, but I'm into getting to a place rather than fishing off of the boat.  It's super stable, it's made to stand on in calm water, I have even stood on it in 1 foot waves.  It has the gator hatch seat which gives plenty of access in the front.  The live well is good for me for storage within reach, you can even plumb it if you want.  The little side hatches hae pockets to put things in so they dont get lost in the hull, but the gaskets let in a small trickle of water if they are submerged.  I added a little silicone but it's not necessary if you don't have a lot of woter over the deck constantly.  I think the side hatches are functional but probably they were made because the kayak is so wide (33 inches) that it was added storage and a good traction flat surface to stand on.  It has a good size tank well in the back.  It has 4 rod holders, 2 in front and 2 in back.  I never use them, but the front ones seem to be a little far away from reach, but I'm no kayak fisherman so they may be fine.  The gator seat/hatch cover is made to allow a kid to ride backwards, but it will hold two adults.  The weight capacity is 450 lbs.  The gator hatch has bungee webbing as soes the tank well.  The bottom has a depression molded into it for a transducer but I think the shoot thru probably made that obsolete.  It also has adjustable foot pegs.  I think that the front hatch could fit tighter but that's only a concern in the surf, and you can make it fit tighter with the bungee.  It's just not really an ocean minded design.

I like the Stealth 12, especially if I'm alone and I don't have to keep up with other divers.  It will carry a lot of gear and it's comfortable.  Like I said, you can use it if you want to give it a try.

Jason S.

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Well that sounds like it might be worth a look... i really appreciate the offer too but it's a bit cold right now maybe in the spring i will hit you up before i go buy one. Thanks for all the info

rob102

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I am actually taking it out at Carmel this weekend

Jason S.

• Salmon
  • View Profile
What are you going after in carmel this time of year?

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010

rob102

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Diving for Ling and maybe Reds.